Milani Powder Mosaic - Sunset Spice

3.3

Not tested on animals

on 1/2/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm on the fence about this one-I bought it based on a girl I watched on youtube and she loved it-plus it was super cheap at CVS. It is ok-I find myself rarely reaching for it. I'm very fair, and this tends to look orange on my skin. I have to use a light touch and it's not worth the effort. My go to is and probably always be benefit Hoola-it's much more forgiving and more natural-too bad it's so expensive, but this is a good case of you get what you pay for.

on 1/8/2012 7:15:00 AM

I'll say what I said for afterglow:

Unflattering.
I'm a of a medium skin tone so this should suit me but it just ends up looking muddy on me no matter how light my application.
I think this is because of it's seemingly pink undertones, so I would not recommend to warm undertoned tanned people.
It doesn't blend well either.
Do not recommend.
I had such high hopes for this product.

on 5/8/2010 1:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite bronzer yet. I like that I can swirl my brush around all of it or I can pick up more of one color than another to choose the amount and color I want. It is very pigmented and I love it for contouring. It is harder to pick up just one of the colors alone with a brush because they are small sections of color but good enough.

on 10/12/2009 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love pigmented blushes so I was a bit disappointed with this product at first because it didn't show up very well on my NC30 skin (the powder is hard and pressed very firmly as opposed to soft powders). I have to swirl my brush in the pan a few times to get the amount of color that I want. I use this on days when I want to look naturally sunkissed and healthy. It's different from my usual stash of pinky/berry blushes, which is why I like it. This mosaic powder has a dark brown shade in the middle with two plummy shades, 2 light beige shades, and two light tan shades surrounding it on the sides.

on 3/28/2008 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this to use it as a contouring powder, unfortunately it's way too dark for my very fair skin, looks dull and dirty. I'm only taking off one lipstick because it really is a good product in terms of quality, would work great on darker complexions, I'm sure, just not for me.

on 2/14/2006 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is another great Milani product. Sunset Spice is a compact with four matte shades swirled together : dark chocolate brown , milk chocolate brown, light yellow, & orange-brown. All the colors blend together nicely. Like I spent hours in the mirror blending and contouring. Comes out a very subtle dark brown color on my skin(DDD NW45ish or HIP818). Not muddy or dirty looking.*****UPDATE: *****This is still one of my favorite blush for everyday wear. However, using BenNye & LaFemme blushes for photoshoots or video. Color shows up better & great movement on skin. continued >>