July 31, 2014 | 1602 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - S-Factor Smoothing Lusterizer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by amberlightsss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

BEWARE OF THE SMELL. I bought this because I wanted my hair to be smooth and shiny, and this stuff really delievers, no doubt about that - but seriously, how can people say that it smells good, delicious, amazing and so on? It smells awful! I love hair products that smells like candy, fruits and anything lovely, but this is just way over the top. I don't even know how to describe the smell. It somehow smells like strawberries, but strawberries usually smells good - this lotion doesn't. I don't reach for this product as often because of the nauseous smell. LUCKILY, the smell doesn't last when applied in wet hair. If I leave in the product over night it won't smell in the morning, which is a good thing - but still, it smells disgusting.

Other than that, it makes my hair look super shiny and it also makes it feel extremely soft and smooth. It doesn't tame frizz, but that's not a big deal to me. My hair is fine and curly, and I find this being too heavy if I use too much product, so be careful if your hair is really fine. And by the way, it contains glitter or something like that. Your hands will sparkle like a disco globe after you've applied it to your hair, make sure you wash your hands! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is truly one product that performs and does what it claims. It tames my natural curl and frizz and is best used on clean, towel dried damp hair prior to blow drying. The only negative is I need body and hold (not volume). No doubt this product would work in combination with a good quality gel or mouse for control and hold. Need to shampoo after two days.

Another gimicky packaging from TIGI, but I love this product so I'll overlook.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by camillajhb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This gives transforms my dyed ginger hair from dull and matte to incredibly glossy, healthy-looking and easy to manipulate. The matte look doesn't really work for gingers, so shine is a must and this product really delivers. Basically, it deposits a bunch of tiny pearlescent sparkles into your hair, which immediately stop looking unappealingly glittery and just make your hair look lustrous, especially in sunlight. It also tames any flyaways, although my hair is naturally straight and manageable.

Don't put great dollops of this in, because it can make hair, especially roots, feel and look greasy. I put maybe two or three pea-sized amounts in my reasonably fine, straight, shoulder-length hair, but I like a lot of shine. I wash my hair every five days and the shine lasts this ENTIRE TIME.

I simply couldn't be without this, especially as a (fake) redhead!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Ha77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extremely frizzy, thick, curly, unruly hair. I am constantly on the hunt for anything that will tame the frizz and new growth. Although I still use multiple products, this helps with both. I can tell the difference when I don't use it. I have used this on my hair wet and dry. My favorite part is that it doesn't leave my hair greasy feeling or oily looking, I can use it to touch up my frizz later in the day without looking like I fell in an oil slick. It does add a nice shine and the glitter does not show up on my hair at all. The only negative in my book is the strawberry banana smell, I'm not a fan of that scent in general, but the scent doesn't linger in my hair all day so I look past that (Honestly I'd use something that smelled like a skunk if it tamed my frizz). The packaging is sturdy, I've dropped it on tile and concrete with no breakage and even left it in my car in 115+ weather with no explosion.
I can't give this a five because I use it with other smoothers, but I have repurchased. I don't feel this product is expensive since it lasts quite awhile and actually works!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by coursey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it keeps my hair soft and smooth looking. there is a lot of sparkle stuff in it to make your hair look shiny. smells like candy but not to overpowering. this is the only lotion type product that works well for me especially in humid hot weather. wish this wasn't so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by kikibeesquirrel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this product for 50% off. At first, I was really excited and happy to have got it (especially for the price I paid). This stuff smells amazing....in the bottle. I noticed when I put it on my dry hair, it took a bit to soak in, and once dry smelled like old milk. Also, wasn't a fan of all the sparkles it left behind on my skin. Because I'm always on the go and use products in my car, I can't always wash my hands immediately. However, once the product soaked in my hair, I did notice it was sooooo soft. My hair stayed nice and straight as well. It's a great product. I really want to hate it, but I can't. The smell still bothers me, and so does all the sparkles... But who can't look past that for a product that does what it says!?

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by SkylineGtr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this yesterday after reading so many good reviews. My hair is naturally very shiny and voluminous. The only product I use in it is after straightening to tame fly away hairs on top of my head due to extreme heat of the straightener, as well as to add texture and to reduce staticy hair. So far I haven't noticed a difference. I still have hope in this product so I will keep using it and update. I have used it twice so far both on dry hair. As for the packaging it's not practical. I will probably have to saw open the bottle in order to get the product out of the narrow end. Dont like the smell, it's very childish but can learn to live with it if this product ends up working on my hair in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I havnt bought this yet, but once I run out of my Rockaholic serum I will be! My hairdresser uses this on my hair every time I visit and I love what it does to my hair! It smells utterly divine too! Cant wait for my next hair visit :D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by chaleyhetwyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such a great hair product, smells delicious and gives hair a gorgeous shine, I also find for me it adds texture through the length of my fine hair. I find I can never use too much of this product unlike serums, and use it on wet or dry hair for different effects.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

i would repurchase this product. i have actually bought 2 from ebay for the price of one, and i am glad i did because it is a great product.
it does smell like strawberries, and when put into my dry hair, does make it alot softer with the right amount of shimmer. It really does smooth (better than other smoothing products like redken smooth down treatment and matric biolage smoothing cream)
my hair and tames frizzyness. i have wavy brown hair that is very long. i find this also seals my cuticles and when i curl my hair, adds a nice shine!
the packaging tends to annoy me, the bottle is hard to squeeze and i can tell if i drop it, the lid may crack or even break off.
i reccommend this product to anyone who wants to tame frizz and have softer more manageble hair