November 28, 2014 | 1770 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Soft Lights - Smashing Lens

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Didinett1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good highlight but not special for me. I prefer Tint or Highlight. Not as subtle as the other 2 but still very good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this as a blush the other day and I don't know if I care for this as much as I use too. I find it does give a beautiful glow/sheen to the cheeks but this isn't warm enough for me. I find this a little too cool pinky for my skintone. I wish there was more peach too it. I think it would look great over a bronzer or a really pigmented blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by sarahharb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so impressed with the glow this gave me. not necessarily as natural as i was hoping but beautiful. i am a sales assistant at a beauty counter and tonight had several comments/ requests for this. unfortunately, don't sell it anymore,...the shimmer is a bit too over the top for everyday and it does magnify my pores but the overall look is so "glow-y" . i love it! be warned: a little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by rochelle99

I love this highlighter. I brush it all around my cheeks and it makes me glow. I think it will take me awhile to go through this product though, since a little goes a long way. I will definetly be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 10:14:00 PM More reviews by starla1971

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder! I have found my HG of highlighters. I sweep this on as a finishing powder and it gives me that 'lit from within' look. So pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by oceanaire

i love this product! i have been looking for a highlighter without sparkle and i find that this is exactly what i wanted. on my pale skin i don't think the peachy colour is quite enough on it's own (unless doing a really bold lip/eyes) so i usually use this to set my blush. it's great for setting cream & gel blushes and they don't budge all day. i use it with stila roughpot in sweetpea and smashbox gel blush in bella and apply with a fan brush - so good!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 7:21:00 AM More reviews by olfactorysensation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Lens and Tint were later Softlights purchases of mine after repeated recommendations from the lovely girls on the Vogue forum. I am certainly glad that I listened, because these two are gorgeous! (As if the Voguettes would lead me astray!) Lens is a sheer peach with a very slight pink tinge and a ton of superfine shimmer. Lens work best as a highlight or with a deeper colour underneath it as it is too sheer to be a blush on its own. I would call this the younger, more playful sister of the Glow Softlight. Lens is warm, but still looks great on cool toned gals because of its slight pink tone. Although the basic range for these colours is fairly limited, Smashbox has released several special editions to keep the makeup addicts interested. If you like the look of the Softlights range. I love Softlights!
click continue for pics-

continued >>

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this in a swap recently and could not wait to review it. I absolutely love it and cannot believe it's now discontinued! Why, oh why? Stock up while you can fair ladies.
Lens is a very light faintly pink toned peach highlighter with pearly shimmer. I, unlike another reviewer, see a fair bit of shimmer on my skin when applied, but it's a nice glow and not tacky sparkles all over. I'd call it more of a pearl finish. The images you get when Googling are quite accurate in shade.

I got this for the purpose of adding shimmer and oomph to another SoftLights "Glow" (peachy nude), which is shimmerless, and to Mac Tenderling on days when I need a little more pick me up. It works beautifully. I add a sweep to my cheekbones, nose, chin and forehead and get no streaks, obvious glitter or peach colouring. It's light enough that it's idiot proof and you can dust it on anywhere you like without the worry of making mistakes. The peach matches my yellow undertones well and the pink tones serve to give my skin a bit of a healthy pick me up. My NC/W 15 skin just looks brighter, has more glow and I look more awake.

If I am just doing my cheekbones I only need to dip it once per cheek. This shade is not dark enough to use as blush, unless you are looking for the faintest of colour. In the winter I am NC 15 and this still isn't enough for me, but I like my blush to show a bit and my cheeks to appear more sculpted.

Edit April 14/09. I went through a long period of not using this and am back "on it " now. ISmashbox Glow I gave away or swapped. wear it all over my face and it really ties my skin makeup together, gives me a smooth, gorgeous glow. The packaging is a pain though. Why Smashbox????

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Discontinued product as of February 2008. Smashing Lens is a very sheer, mildly shimmery pink-based peach pressed powder that works best as a "glow booster" to the skin. It's pigment is less than a blush and on par with tinted powders like Guerlain Meteorites. When brushed on the skin, it gives a soft-focused glow and a hint of color, making it suitable for toning down blush and giving a seamless finish, boosting radiance and as an alternative product for those that don't like the look of blush but need 'something' to cut their pallor. For those that are looking for all of this but in a true pink tone, try Soft Lights in Prism. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 6:59:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hope I'm reviewing the right product, but mine just says "Lens" on the back. At any rate, I am grossly oily and while this does highlight my pores a tad, it's not overboard at all. There is almost no shimmer to this, just a soft, glowy quality. I think this is now my flave-O-rite highlighter. =)