July 28, 2014 | 1000 users online

Powder - Clinique - Perfectly Real Compact Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by breaktheattraction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

before i start my review, i am going to say that this is my first non-drugstore powder i have ever tried. previous to this powder, i used rimmel's stay matte, which i have honestly grown sick of. my aunt bought this for me as a gift (along with the matching BB cream) and i was ecstatic to try some products that weren't from the drugstore.

i assume this was expensive, so i'm just gonna skip the price aspect of this and go straight to the product. the packaging is a sleek, minty green compact that has a compartment underneath the actual pan of powder for a little powder puff. it also has a mirror in it, which is nice for applying this on the go or at school. the powder matches my pale skin perfectly (im shade 106, apparently) and makes my skin look matte without the cakey look that rimmel's powder gave me. this applies nicely with my ecotools powder brush and really looks nice on my skin. this gets rid of my oily skin (which is mostly in the t-zone) and makes my skin look close to perfect. the staying power is great too. this stays matte even on the hottest of summer days, which is essential for my oil slick of a face! i would say this lasts about twelve hours for me (which is insane, because i usually don't have my makeup on for that long anyway), and when it comes down to it, this has become my HG powder.

even though my aunt gave this to me, i will go out to a clique counter and purchase it when i run out. even though this may be pricey, especially for me, a drugstore shopper, it is worth it to me to have matte, nice skin that stays that way all day. great powder!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this compact foundation because of its sensitive skin friendly ingredients. However, the color selection is very limited and so I was not able to find an exact match for myself. Most of the colors seem very pink based, which didn't work well with my olive skin. It only provides light coverage and at the same time accentuates every little line and unevenness on the skin which just ends up looking like a real mess. Too bad it didn't work for me because my skin didn't react to this foundation at all and I also loved the cute jade green compact. I'd only recommend this to those who have pretty flawless complexion to begin with.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by RomanticPianist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been using it for 5 years now. It says on ttheir website it's moderate to full coverage. However I find this too, too sheer to cover pimples and pimple marks. However I later found out it provides good coverage on my rhinophyma nose (prominent pores, red, bulbous nose) when buffed with a kabuki brush. It also provides me PORELESS look and complete coverage on that area when used especially with Clinique Superbalanced Liquid Foundation (buffing technique on this also, then powder).

It also has minimal setting into my fine lines. As compared to the Superpowder (settles on my eye bags in the middle of the day) , Perfectly Real is better on this aspect.

Very good oil control for moderately oily t-zone --good 5 hours for me!

My shade is the lightest amongst the Asian shades available (Ivory, fair and neutrAl). It is almost perfect for my yellow undertone that easily flushes!

Definitely my holy, holy grail!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by MommytoKitKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this powder I had really high hopes for it because Clinique is such a trusted brand and I love the feel of this powder it is very silky and it gives great coverage but it gave me mini clogged pores all over my face so frustrating the only thing to get rid of them is retin-a, off to my mom it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by livloper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after years of using Lancome's Dual Finish. I wanted a powder that didn't look as powdery as I felt I looked. I also wanted a powder that would just even my skin tone and not cover my skin. I did research and decided on the Clinique Superpowder; however, the Clinique girl recommended the perfectly real powder and I am so glad she did. This is by far the most natural looking powder I have ever found. I use a Lancome powder brush that is a big fluffy brush and I just love the finish. It looks like I have nothing on while still making my skin look flawless. And it lasts all day!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by auricblaze4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this powder so much...it was in a beautiful package and a nice price point (about $26) and it made my skin glow beautifully. But it made my skin itchy and aggravated my mild acne after two days of use! I am so disappointed I have to return it because it really did look pretty on my dry skin. I never have issues with products so suffice to say I am really unhappy that this didn't work out for me. I've used the Perfectly Real liquid without issues (and great success) so I'm not sure what the deal is with this. It's going back tomorrow! It's most definitely worth a try and if it works out, hey, you have a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Retrohousewife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite. If I could only use one piece of makeup, it would be this. Smoothing, mattifying, and perfecting in one step. Buy one compact for vanity and the other for your purse.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ksk07

I love you, Clinique.. But this powder is so, so bad. I decided to try this when I used up my matte double face powder, and I'm sorry that I did. What I hate is the texture, mine literally looks like it's lumpy. If you've ever used the double face powder, the texture of it is like silk. So smooth and flawless when applied. I don't know what happened with this formula but it's just not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by HannaBanana73

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product SO much! This is one of my everyday essentials that I can't live without.
It's so easy to apply, and is great for covering pores/shininess. I usually just sweep once on my forehead and nose and i'm good to go. It's great for evening out your skin, and just looking radiant in general.
The powder itself is amazing! It's super light- you barely notice you're wearing face makeup! I would definitely choose this over liquid foundations, as my skin always feels weighed down by them.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by RachelDJesus