April 18, 2014 | 1145 users online

Powder - Clinique - Perfectly Real Compact Powder Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by auricblaze4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this powder so much...it was in a beautiful package and a nice price point (about $26) and it made my skin glow beautifully. But it made my skin itchy and aggravated my mild acne after two days of use! I am so disappointed I have to return it because it really did look pretty on my dry skin. I never have issues with products so suffice to say I am really unhappy that this didn't work out for me. I've used the Perfectly Real liquid without issues (and great success) so I'm not sure what the deal is with this. It's going back tomorrow! It's most definitely worth a try and if it works out, hey, you have a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Retrohousewife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite. If I could only use one piece of makeup, it would be this. Smoothing, mattifying, and perfecting in one step. Buy one compact for vanity and the other for your purse.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ksk07

I love you, Clinique.. But this powder is so, so bad. I decided to try this when I used up my matte double face powder, and I'm sorry that I did. What I hate is the texture, mine literally looks like it's lumpy. If you've ever used the double face powder, the texture of it is like silk. So smooth and flawless when applied. I don't know what happened with this formula but it's just not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by HannaBanana73

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product SO much! This is one of my everyday essentials that I can't live without.
It's so easy to apply, and is great for covering pores/shininess. I usually just sweep once on my forehead and nose and i'm good to go. It's great for evening out your skin, and just looking radiant in general.
The powder itself is amazing! It's super light- you barely notice you're wearing face makeup! I would definitely choose this over liquid foundations, as my skin always feels weighed down by them.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by RachelDJesus

The best!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Catsmeow2324

I will never purchase another powder again! This gives such a flawless finish and is perfect for the days I don't feel like wearing liquid foundation. It gives sheer to medium coverage (depending on how you apply it) and it looks very natural. I recommend this to anyone looking for lighter coverage and a very natural finish. My shade right now is too light for my skin tone and it is almost gone. I need to go purchase another! To read full reviews on other products go to www.misslipglossbeauty.blogspot.com

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

I was looking for a lightweight powder foundation for the summer, and decided to give Clinique a try. Previously I had used a Merle Norman powder foundation, but it had a bit of a heavier, powdery finish, and I wanted something that looked more like my real skin.

So after much research on powder foundations for oily skin, I decided on Clinique's Perfectly Real Compact Powder Foundation. The finish is sheer to medium, depending on whether you apply it with a brush or the included sponge. I use a flat top powder brush, and it creates a really nice finish.

I found a perfect color match in 106(N). For reference, I also wear CoverGirl "Classic Ivory", Revlon "Buff", Bare Minerals "Fairly-Light", and NARS "Deauville". Originally I tried the color 108(G) but had to return it because it was too dark and much too orange - I looked like an oompa loompa. When I went down a shade to 106, which is a (N)eutral, instead of the 108 (G)olden, it made a WORLD of difference. The 106 looks so natural and perfect. Does not oxidize at all on me - it looks the same color at the end of the day as when I first applied it in the morning. If you try this foundation and it looks orange at any time, even at the end of the day, switch to a Neutral or even further to (P)ink. If you have the right color, it should be seamless.

Anyway, I like that this foundation feels so lightweight on my skin, looks natural, and is pretty good at absorbing oil. I find that when I wear Clinique's "City Block Sheer 25" underneath this powder foundation, it really helps with oil control. The City Block Sheer 25 is a lightweight SPF and oil absorbing primer in one. It really helps. These two products together do a good job of smoothing over pores and fine lines, giving a matte finish, and looking very natural and fresh. Very happy with this purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Concertina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this powder ! I use Clinique moisture surge and put this powder on top and it feels so light on my face all day ! The color blends perfectly with my skin tone and it leaves a matte finish. I just wish it had some SPF in it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Leaves my skin so soft, smooth, and fresh looking! It really covers my redness and can be a great stand alone powder foundation. I have also used this as a finishing powder on top of my liquid foundation. The compact is super cute in the classic Clinique marble green with a separate compartment for the sponge applicator. One of the best powder foundations I have ever used!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by justinetindall

I like this compact for the following reasons:
- very cute packaging- vintagy green stone looking, and comes with a good sponge to apply
- looks very natural on- medium light converage
- easy to blend

I don't like this compact because:
- shade 108 that I bought is a bit yellow, but the lighter shade is too light
- looks kind of oily after a few hours
- doesn't hide redness on the cheeks very well
- staying power could be better, but it is not too bad.

overall, this is a pretty good compact for sensitive skin, and is definately worth buying this over a drugstore powder foundation, imo.