High Linoleic Safflower Oil

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/16/2015 8:36:00 PM

So I get my high linoleic safflower oil from Garden of Wisdom and it is totally my HG (apart from Vaniply). I have incredibly reactive, combination, sensitive skin and OCMing and moisturizing with the safflower oil is literally all that my skin will tolerate.

If you have really fussy combination skin, definitely definitely give this a shot. The only reservation about this would be if you have an allergy to ragweed, which apparently can cause issues with this oil.

on 9/18/2014 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've used this oil for about 2.5 months now. I have acne prone, clog prone and dry skin. I keep the bottle in the fridge and take only a few days to a weeks worth (max) out at a time in a small bottle. I mix this with the cerave PM lotion (1/4 cerave and 3/4 safflower). I think after 2.5 months I can confidently say it does not break me out. It has worked very well for me, my face has gotten a lot smoother after having a ton of tiny clogs earlier in the year. I love how it absorbs into my skin overnight and I wake up with very smooth happy skin. I bought this off Garden of wisdom and I will repurchase when I run out!

on 5/7/2014 6:35:00 PM

I just want to add a really important point about safflower oil. Most safflower oil you buy at the grocery store is genetically modified now, which makes it high in oleic acid, which you do not want if you have acne. This could be why several of you are breaking out with it. So make sure that the oil you buy is organic. It's always important, when using for hair or skin, to get oils that are unrefined and cold-pressed. For safflower (and some others like sunflower, soybean, etc) it is extremely important that it also be organic to ensure it is not genetically modified so it doesn't mess up your skin!

Meh. I tried the hain brand and put it on dry hair, wet hair, for a few minutes, all night etc, in no way did I notice any benefits. I tried it on my natural fine dirty blonde hair and now my bleached damaged hair too. Tried it before shampoo and after as a leave in for dry ends. as a leave in was the best option but in order for hair to not look oiled down i used 1-2 drops. and it was nothing special looking or feeling either. the bottle is such a hassle. i have transferred some into smaller bottle but still it just seems like it leaks or its messy. mine has no smell i can detect. My hair apparently doesn't like oils I guess. The coconut oil doesn't do anything for me either. As for my skin, I am too scared to try it because I have oily soon and barely need a moisturizer, but maybe ill try it as makeup remover. Since i have a huge bottle of it and I don't know what to do with it.

on 2/28/2013 3:18:00 AM

I looked into what oils might work for my skin type to use for oil cleansing, and safflower and hemp were recommended for clog prone, sensitive skin with rosacea due to their high linoleic content.
I used it for 3 nights, followed by by regular cleanser to remove the residue. Each morning I woke up to hard lumps that felt like cysts, but were whiteheads on top. Because they multiplied each day, I stopped using it. As soon as I stopped, I got no more lumps, and within 2 days my skin calmed down to normal.
I also used this once on my hair before shampooing out, and was left with the same type of pimple on my scalp.

I used it on my body for 3 days, on damp skin as moisturiser, and had no adverse reactions. It absorbed well and left no real smell.

Sadly this didn't work for me, but I have found very few things do. I'm glad I tried it since it got so many raves, if only to rule it out.

on 4/1/2012 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

All oils are YMMV, and unfortunately safflower didn't work out for me either. Every time I tested it I broke out in small little whiteheads. Too bad, since it was quite effective at dislodging blackheads with OCM. I'll stick with rice bran and jojoba.

on 3/20/2012 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'll hold off on the facial review for now and update later, but so far my skin seems to like it. It soaks in quite quickly!

I just came to rave about my... feet! Omfg, they feel so good. Not in that slightly raw, rosy, I've-just-exfoliated way, but just smooth, supple, elastic skin. I got some leftover oil taking my makeup off, so I just slapped it on and a pair of socks over. No foot bath, no exfoliation, no nothing. I'm absolutely blown away. Might be a tip for those of you who can't tolerate it on your face. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update: I've been using the safflower oil for a few weeks now to take off my makeup and moisturize. I'm probably invoking the big pimple curse saying it, but my skin feels really nice! It does nothing for my scars, I still have marks, but it seems to lessen new breakouts. I've never been able to do the whole traditional OCM with olive oil and whatever, but since this stuff is so much lighter I can even deep cleanse without any adverse effects.

Definitely read this article: http://www.makeupalley.com/user/notepad/d_E_S_S

I keep my oil in an old foundation pump bottle (thoroughly cleaned and sterilized!) and the rest stays in the back of the fridge.

I don't like it as a hair oil, unfortunately. It goes on nice at first, but since I don't wash my hair length every day it just smells sort of... Rancid, after a while.

on 9/28/2011 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

My skin doesnt agree with safflower oil. It breaks me out whichever way I use it. If i tissue it off, if I steam it off with a washcloth, if I use it as a pre-cleanse and remove it with cleanser afterwards (I think this one's the worst method). Wanted to like it, but waste of money.

on 8/28/2010 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I found the Hollywood brand of this at my local grocery store and just had to give it a try. For a few days, I used it as a makeup remover by massaging it all over my dry face, adding a bit of water to emulsify, tissuing off and then washing with a gentle soap (I use Dove unscented). I don't find that it really removes makeup all that well. It sort of just smears my eye makeup until I wash it off with my regular soap, so this feels like an unnecessary step to me. It did FEEL nice, so I suppose the relaxation of using it is worth it. The best part about using this was that it seemed to regulate my oil production. I found that when I oil-cleansed the night before, my skin stayed matte the next day. After using it a few days, my skin was kind of parched, so I decided to use it as a moisturizer. After I did my normal cleansing with it, I tissued it off but left the residue. Sadly, it broke me out this way. =(
Also, this stuff works great on my hair! I have that hair type that gets oily at the roots, but feels like straw at the ends. This makes my hair look silky and healthy! I really love it for this reason and will probably still use it as a pre-cleanse every once in a while.

on 5/25/2010 6:30:00 PM

I adore this oil for my wavy 2/a/b hair. I use 4 drops daily to oil my hair lengths. It is every bit as good as japanese camelia oil if not a bit better. It moisturizes yet does not flatten my hair out. Sometimes I mix this with meadowfoam oil for daily oilings. This oil is good for adding to shampoo when you need more moisture...add about 1/2 to 1 tsp. of this oil to 1/4 cup gentle shampoo and 1/4 cup filtered water. I also like to do hot oil treatments with this oil by mixing half argan oil with half safflower oil and 4 drops of rosemary essential oil. I will put this mixture on for several hours before shampooing and always get great results!

Popular Face Skincare Products