July 30, 2014 | 1820 users online

Treatments (Face) - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - Gly-Luronic Acid Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by denns

This stuff is absolutely mind-blowingly phenomenal. I have uneven, rough, bumpy acne-prone skin with lots of clogs and large pores and this serum has been transforming my skin over the past 3-4 months since I began using it.

My skin is no stranger to glycolic acid/AHAs and my acne has always responded very well to them. But this stuff is a whole new ballgame. It completely smooths my skin's texture and makes my face softer than any other exfoliant, chemical or manual (including my Clairisonic). It keeps the clogged pores/blackheads on my nose and chin completely empty and they have been looking smaller and smaller with continued use. My acne responds SO quickly to this stuff when I apply it - cysts/large bumps and small clogs are drastically diminished within 4-5 hours after application. I apply it all over my face with my fingers every other night (when I use it every night, it's too strong for my skin and it BURNS) and I wake up to noticeably clearer skin. It annihilates redness, whiteheads, and blackheads like nobodies business. Because it's got the hylauronic in there, my skin doesn't dry out like it would with a salicylic or BP treatment. I just still can't get over how FAST this stuff treats my acne. You will notice a difference after the first application.

I repurchased my second bottle before I was done with my first to make sure I wasn't without it. Whether I'm using it as a spot treatment or all over my face, this has become a staple in my skincare routine.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by adOrk_aBLe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! Cant go without it. Im on my 6th bottle. Helps with uneven skin tone and my acne prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by svendira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Oh man, had high hope on this and sadly this broke me out, gave me a few cysts on unusual places just after 3 days application.

I guess it just doesn't mix with oily skin?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff I love it! I ordered this with a few peels and now I can't live without it. The mix of the glycolic acid which is 15% is perfect for me and I do have sensitive skin. I think what has made it more resilient to irritation is Retin A for over a year before I started the peels. I use the AHA 40% and Mandelic25% peel pretty often because I'm removing what the Retin hasn't and it's working! This is the middle is amazing though! I still get spots monthly but they either go away or flatten with this stuff. Some will pop if they have to I know it's bad but some just can't be avoided. Even so my skin heals faster,maintains moisture, it doesn't dry out all my skin just the acne.

It's amazing because after the peels there is some purging with this it cuts it back so much. Now 15% AHA would of been too strong for me a year ago. With the hyluronic acid though it keeps my skin moist and plump. I'm 33 and I do notice my smile lines and forehead lines are so fine now and my smile lines almost gone! My pores are clean and small. Also no blackheads thx goodness! I think one should go slow with this and definitely do a patch test because 15% can irritate the skin. For me I use it as a bedtime serum and it's magical with any products I use. I switch it up because like hair skin gets used to products so use other serums now and then so this continues to work for you. Or just spot treat bad areas to minimize the skin getting to comfy with the product and not working effectively.

I adore Muac's products and recommend them as they have not let me down yet. They have changed my skin for the better. It's no frills packaging just fast shipping, and a Grade A product! I judge a product by how it works not it's packaging. This serum works for me and is keeping my spots and oil under control. You only need a very small amount so the 1oz will last forever if your careful. I just get that because it does last and I take small breaks to ensure it will always work. My skin looks clearer and more even toned. I don't have sun spots or wrinkles. Plus i'm not a greasy mess so I love this serum and really tell anyone with skin issues to give this a try. I'm so glad I found this company and it's because of MuA:) Highly Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by maryam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is a nice light serum. expensive and i hate the bottle, i would prefer a dropper style. i use the mandelic toner daily, this in the morning and it sinks right in. not sure how much it does as i am using the mandelic toner as well as the peel and after using a whole 1 oz bottle i probably do not need it as it is nothing amazing like the peel or the toner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am so torn about this product...part of me loves it, and the other part just can't abide it.

My skin is extremely fair, with rosacea that is prone to papules and pustules. It is also very prone to PIH marks from said papules and pustules, which, even when have no active p&p's, makes it look like I'm constantly in the middle of a pretty horrific breakout.

I usually put this serum on at night, every three nights or so. When I first apply it, it tends to have a mild (tolerable) burning feeling on my skin, which goes away after a few minutes. It also has a strange odour when I first apply it...it smells a little bit like cool ranch Doritos. But this fades along with the burning sensation. Now as far as what I like about this serum...

This serum kills the p&p's. When I use it at night, 9 times out of 10, I wake up the next morning to see all of them either gone, or flattened and on their way out. It also seems to have a small effect on my hyperpigmentation (which not many products have).

The serious downside is that it actually aggravates my rosacea. While it kills the p&p's that are there, it has made my rosacea skin much more sensitive and red in general, which means I just can't use it in the long run. Unfortunate. For someone with acne, I could see this product being really great.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate to give a so-so review to any MUAC product because I like the company and the rest of their products so much, but this serum did nothing for me.

I got a free sample size of this serum a few years ago when I first ordered the glycolic acid peel. For whatever reason, this worked great when I had just a wee bit that I had to ration like it's 1942. My skin was softer and brighter, I had fewer breakouts and my brown marks were fading a lot quicker. I used up my sample and bought a bigger bottle which, of course, was when this stopped working for me. I've tried using it off and on since I purchased the full size and finally gave up on it when it caused me to break out in cystic acne on my forehead, chin and jawline.

I gave this two lippies because it did work initially and despite the fact that it made me break out, it does help with clarity issues and I noticed fewer blackheads on my nose when I used it. I didn't really care for the sticky feeling this left on my face but if it didn't cause me to break out, I could overlook that. I'll likely toss this which pains me because it is slightly expensive but I just won't risk another round of painful cynstic acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by ridemebigsheIdon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product sounded as though it was too good to be true, so many shining reviews from those who now have radiant, clear skin. I did not find this to to be the case, however. I tried this a couple of times hoping that something else was causing me to break out, but this is the culprit. I feel as though the hyaluronic acid might be what caused my skin to react poorly, as it is basically a sugar water solution. This product brought on a small cluster of deep and red zits on my forehead which we all know are a little hard to conceal, and they take a while to subside. Too bad, because I really wanted to work this into my routine!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Souicidoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am 35 with oily skin, had a horrible cystic acne break out a little over a year ago. It started with a few on my cheeks/forehead. Fine, I was able to conceal it with my hair. But once it started, there was no stopping it and it just kept getting worse. My acne escalated at a fast rate. Having had smooth, clear skin, with the exception of occasional break out, my whole life...this was a very traumatic experience for me, as I'm sure it would be for anyone. I was depressed, became recluse, and avoided mirrors and taking pictures. I just didn't want to see or look at myself. It definitely affected me psychologically. I felt so helpless and did not know what to do with my face, nothing worked. It would take weeks/months for a cystic pimple to go away. Imagine having that all over your face. Most of it eventually cleared up, MOST, I still consistently had a few on my face. So, now that 80% of my face cleared up, I was left with a very damaged acne scarred face. Dark spots, 'ice pick scars', 'potholes'...you name it, I have it. I researched a lot about the type of acne I had but absolutely could not afford professional medical help for I have no health insurance.

Desperate, and in search of at home chemical peels and products, I came across Make Up Artist Choice website. I ordered 30% glycolic peel and gly-luronic acid. Both used in conjunction (and according to instructions) have worked miracles on my face! There was a lot of damage done to my face so I was not expecting overnight miracle but this stuff really works! It keeps the break outs at bay. I stopped using products for about a month so I broke out around my jawline, one being a really big cystic pimple. So, I did my glycolic peel and waited 2 days after the peel to use the gly-luronic serum. Let me tell you, and also consider this a warning...2 days after using the serum on my face I woke up one morning and looked at my pimple in the mirror because it was feeling really tender and sore. My cystic pimple which normally takes weeks/months to go away came to a head!! I know your not suppose to pop pimples and just let it do it's own thing but this was way too big for me to just leave alone. I popped and using 2 qtips to gently squeeze the stuff out. I didn't have to apply that much pressure to the pimple it just oozed and sprayed out. It was a really infected area because so much stuff came out of it. I know this sounds gross and it is, but I was pretty satisfied with all the stuff that leaked out. I cleaned it and then applied the serum directly on infected area. I only use product a few times a week, more if I'm breaking out and this serum just speeds up the healing process of pimples. I would try to avoid using it around the corners of the nose, as that's a very sensitive area (for me at least). I put a couple to a few drops on my fingertips and concentrate on areas where there's the most damage (cheeks for me), then with the remaining that's still on my fingertips, I pat my forehead, nose, chin area with what's left over on my fingers because these areas don't need that much product.

With that being said, I will definitely repurchase the product. I purchased the 1 oz bottle for $25.50, packaging is very basic and minimal which, I do not mind at all. As long as a product works and does what it says it will do, I don't need the fancy packaging. It seems expensive for a small 1 oz bottle but considering how well this stuff works, it's a very small price to pay!! On nights when I use the serum, I wake up to soft, bright, and smoother looking skin. I can't even begin to imagine how well this stuff will work for someone with already good skin but just wants to maintain brightness and smoothness of skin. Sorry this review was long but I hope that it was helpful and informative :)

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by MojoWorkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got a sample of this and have used it to lighten scars from acne, I think it's working.