December 20, 2014 | 1682 users online

Mascara - MISSHA - Mascara Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favourite. On the Missha Canada website it's $8.99, or on sale for $5.99 as of right now. It really curls and lengthens my lashes. However you should use this wet, and pile it on, before putting on your mascara. If it dries it'll be hard to coat over the white stuff. This is a staple in my makeup bag and a HG mascara primer of mine. Do yourself a favour and get it! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by rocketqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best lash primer out there! This is a white mascara base with fibers, you can build it a lot and it gives both volume and length. I've tried a lot of this type but this is the best, and the price tag is more than fair.

Don't let it dry; put the mascara on directly after, otherwise the mascara application might be hard. Highly recommended!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by cendana

I've not tried mascara base and just tried this because there's a Missha store in my city and this was only AU$8.90 so I was willing to give it a try and I'm liking it. First try, I could see that it lengthens my eyelashes and I applied my mascara and they really lengthens and volume! Rather nicely I'd say. I think it's due to the fibres in the bristles. It goes on white, and it works better if you leave it to dry for maybe about 1 minute after application, and then apply your mascara.

EDIT it actually kind of weighs my curled lashes a tiny tiny bit, so it doesn't give me the curl I want or hold my curl that long... Yeah, I don't think I'll repurchase because I know there are better mascara bases out there that works better to my liking

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by twinnyroo

Really wished that this would replace my shisiedo eyelash primer :( but it it not that great. I have asian eyelashes that are medium length but very thin. I always use a primer after curling my lashes and this did lengthen them a lot but this primer made my eyelash loose its curl. This primer did not help my eyelashes hold its curl and kind of straightened them out instead. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by samulski12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product based on the reviews here. When I discovered you can now order it from the MISSHA website, which many of you will be happy to hear, I ordered 2. It is way clumpy, and I can do way better without it. I gave it a week-long chance, and I tried it with Full n Soft and Lash Blast. It was a no go...long, yes, thick, no, clumpy, way yes. In fact, if anyone wants the unopened one, I have no use for it...:)

I read in a magazine to brush your lashes with powder as a primer. That works much better for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by adesisca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this mascara base does the job for my lashes. I havent try other brand though.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2008 10:32:00 AM More reviews by patpatpatpat

Maybe I'm not using this right, but the texture is very dry and looked clumpy even with mf masterpiece over it. I'll keep trying, but I really can't see how this improves on what I already get with a few coats of my masterpiece... Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by MegamiMoon

I purchased this product on eBay which ships from Korea. The cost was $10.50 including shipping and it arrived fairly quickly after ordering, less than 5 business days.

I'm Asian and have the typical short, straight lashes so I was really excited to try this product. I curled my lashes, applied a coat of base, then a coat of my usual mascara.

I got the longer lash effect, which is good. However, the base did straighten the curl a little and while the length is nice, the final result was a little too spikey for my taste. Maybe I should try it with different mascaras or maybe I'll apply a coat of mascara, then base, then another coat of mascara in that order after curling to see what the result would be.

I also found the product to be a little dry, but maybe that's for the better because if it's too wet, it may eliminate the curl altogether. Since I've only tried this once, I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'd purchase it again, however I'll definitely give it a second chance.

*UPDATE* So I noticed that if I put on a thin coat of the base instead of trying to goop it on, it works decently, making my lashes a little longer. It does destroy the curl a little, nothing I could do about that. I think I just have to accept that fact that, barring getting eyelash extensions, I fit into the category of Asian women who will never have super thick, long, curly lashes regardless of what "miracle" product I try.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by leahluvspink

i got this after the reviews i read on MUA from ebay, it was a pretty good price. you can see the fibers on the nicely shaped brush, but it was kind of dry to put on, i may add a little water to see what happens. the results werent good, i didnt get any clumps or spidery lashes and it thickened them but there wasnt any length which i was expecting. as i am quite lucky and any mascara makes my lashes curl i cant really comment on the curling ability other than they werent as curly as my normal mascara makes them.i use diorshow iconic and i get better results. i think if your gonna buy a primer and a mascara the cost would be the same as getting a decent mascara. i have also used the lancome cils booster which got similar results but you get allot more length. if you really need a primer then i would recommend the lancome but as my mascara is superb and i dont need it i wouldnt buy again as i werent impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by kingspanky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wear this, and am now constantly told how lucky I am to have such long eyelashes. It makes any mascara look better, but especially good w/ a dramatic black after a comb thru w/ a lash brush/comb thing. But it feels pretty dry going on--there's no "coated feeling" like w/ mascara and I'm not sure whether that's cuz the stuff I got is dried out or not. But in any case, it is the best of any lash primer I've tried to date.