Rimmel vinyl jelly gloss lip liner [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

I really don't like this review system now on Makeup alley. The old system of just doing a review on the product, without looking up the name was much easier. Anyway, I digress. I really didn't like this product, which is now discontinued. I thought it would be non-drying, which is was, but I also thought it would be long lasting as it was a lipliner. I was wrong. If you like a lip gloss in a lip pencil format, then this would have been the product for you. If you wanted it to line lips and help to keep your lipstick on longer, imho it is a fail. I think I may have had the push up version (if one exists, I don't own it anymore as I threw this away). I am glad it is discontinued as to me it didn't really work as a gloss or a liner.

on 10/16/2012 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I got two of these as gifts in the shades 'sorbet' and 'moreish'. I absolutely hate the later, its a horrible lightishpink/silver gloss product and I took it off at once

Sorbet on the other hand is beautiful, it applies as a gloss but ofc not sticky at all. The shinyness lasts for around 1.5/2 hours then it dries and I actually love the matte colour it dries too so for me its a winwin, glossy or dry and I will try to find this online so I can get it again :)

I have this liner in Hot Spark and Moreish .
Packaging is fairly average for a lip liner, but product sharpens well, although it is fairly soft and needs sharpening for every use.
As with most Rimmel products this lip pencil is reasonably priced.
The first time I used this liner I fell in love with its consistency and colour. Then I covered it with clear gloss and it seemed to slide about and only last as long as the gloss did.
I tried it again but without the gloss on top and it lasted ages (2 cups of coffee, a cookie & a cigarette!) since then I wear it on its own as a kind of half way between lipstick & gloss. This liner is how I wanted the clinique chubby sticks to be, balmy, glossy and with lovely rich colour.

on 6/20/2012 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Packaging: This is a regular wooden pencil lip liner. I am not fond of the packaging, but perhaps having this in an automatic liner packaging would lead to melting of the product, due to the consistency. Also, when it wears down, and it will do so quickly, the wood is sharp and cuts at your lips. Do be careful when applying it and sharpen when you should.

Consistency: This has the consistency of something like Revlon lip butters. It's basically that, but sold in pencil form. It is balmy, slippery and wears down really quickly. I have to sharpen this after lining upper and lower lips, more often than any of my other lip liner pencils.

Colour selection: I bought them in packs of two, the colours were:
003 Starlet: Medium pink, an MLBB shade
010 Tasty: A medium mauve
007 Fudge: A medium brown nude
008 Choccie: A warm dark brown
I like the colours, it's just a shame they aren't pigmented enough and don't show up much on me. I have pigmented Indian lips, and these show up just as much as a tinted lip balm would. If I had wanted that, I can easily get one for relatively less money.

Longevity: Due to it's consistency, this has as much wear as a thin balm does. It dries down and leaves a faint shade behind but it's nothing noticable.

Cost: This cost NZD$5 (sold in pre-packaged pairs, available at selected Postie stores). Dirt cheap as a liner, but since it behaves more like a tinted lip balm than a liner, I'd say it's expensive. You can get a tinted lip balm, which will provide you the same look and effect, and give you more product for less money. Disappointing.

on 4/3/2012 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Just got 3 lip liners in tasty (sort of brown pink more brown) starlet (lovely light pink sort of frost not tacky) and hot spark (gorgeous berry red with hint of mettalic frosting) - amazed at how glossy they are can be worn alone as lip stick very moisturising howver will need a sharpener and a tissue in hand at all times as they are soft and run out quickly- can get alittle messy compared to some regular lip liners- lovely packaging but 4 *s due to the messy factor......VERY HAPPY ...may need to reapply occasionally as with most glossy lip products as the product is extremely glossy, but I think its worth it very lovely shades.

they dont sell this product anymore but if you have it i think this works best with lipglosses, and not with lipsticks. the color is sheer like tinted lipgloss would be and the lipliner has a slight sheen to it. the packaging is fine, i already sharpened mine twice and I had no pointed ends on it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

it glides on smoothly but doesnt stay long on my lips

on 6/12/2009 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This doesn't do much for a lip liner, but I like to put it on over a soft lipstick to give it a bit of a shine but not as much as gloss would do. Sometimes I just wear them over my lips and go like that, it takes some reapplication but I love how it feels and how pretty the color is.

on 6/4/2009 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a pack of two of these from the "99p store"! (such good bargains in there!) i got Moreish and Succulent but i gave Succulent to my mum. they dont feel like a normal lip liner, its really smooth n easy to apply and leaves a gloss finish but no stickyness, feels like you've got nothing on your lip except lipbalm. i line my lips with Moreish then fill them in and apply babypink gloss over the top. love itt x

on 2/18/2009 1:59:00 AM

i got this on sale at ulta out of curiosity. it's a strange lipliner; very slippery and smooth. i like to use it to line then fill in my lips and then add a clear gloss for a shiny yet defined lip look. the consistency is exactly in between a lipstick and a lipgloss. only con is that it's annoying to have to sharpen so often. but now that i know they're being discontinued i'll probably go back and buy a few more. i recommend grabbing them if your ulta has them on sale - they were only like 40 each.

Popular Lip Liners