April 16, 2014 | 1560 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Daily Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by xpinayshawti3x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff so much I had to make a makeupalley account just so I could rave about it despite the 400+ existing reviews on here.

I use Pantene Pro-V shampoo & conditioner on a daily basis as well as a variety of products to protect my hair from damage from using hair tools. I also have pretty oily skin which plays a factor in the excess oil and build-up in my hair. After a bit of research, I stumbled upon Suave Clarifying shampoo. This stuff has literally changed my life.

A little bit goes a long way, too. I use about a quarter size in my wet hair & just massage it in focusing it mainly on my scalp. You can literally hear your scalp and hair become squeaky clean as you apply it. I'll admit it is a bit drying especially at the ends of my hair but it makes your hair feel extremely fresh & clean. In fact, I would use it daily if I could but I stick to once a week so I don't dry out my hair too much. If you have greasy hair due to residue from products or just have an oily scalp, definitely give this a shot! Not only is it CHEAP, it actually WORKS! I will definitely repurchase

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by jaymunjal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Works fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe how cheap this shampoo is. But it works so wonderfully to clean the hair. And to top it all off Suave added a different fragrance and its pretty good. I had dry frizzy hair(before I had it chopped off). I was using oils silicones and hair creams. I was starting to believe that it was making my hair worse and now I am convinced because I used the Clarifying and now my hair is bouncy full of life and feels so silky. You won't lose out if you give this a try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

**If you have dry hair...pay attention!!**
I heard that this was a good shampoo to clarify from buildup...yes..well, it stripped my scalp of any natural oil it produced.. my scalp was pink for a week and felt like tingling irritation down my neck/chest-AND it stripped my dry hair and it looked like a big frizz ball for a WEEK! not a single oil treatment/hair mask could cure this... :(
I read reviews here that it worked for some (yay for them). In my case this shampoo gave me my scalp and skin irritation-plus fried my hair dry. Never again.
I think I will use the rest of the bottle to clean out my make up brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by jocox88

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with everyone on this shampoo. I always use Wen, but occasionally, use this as well (still use Wen as a conditioner). I have always kept a bottle of this just for washing brushes and combs. A soak for a few minutes and brushes and combs are clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by blondee028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews on this I decided to give it a try. My story I have gone from black to blonde twice plus had a really bad kerritin treatment to where my hair broke off. I have gone to 3 different hair dressers even colorists. I have been using protien products and every conditioner on the market even doing the coconut oil treatment every night. My hair was aweful. It was dry brittle breaking off heavy it looked like crap. I read the reviews on this and I was scared to try it thinking it would be dry and frizzy. OMG it came out beautiful, yes I did condition it afterwards for 3 minutes but its beautiful..Love this stuff and want to thank all the people who took the time to write a review.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by gmmuto48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

Finally found my HG shampoo!!! So exciting! This stuff is great!
I have oily hair and have to wash it everyday and most shampoos build up in my hair over time and make it greasy/sticky/waxy feeling at the roots. This stuff removes daily build up from oils/hair products and it rinses out soooo quickly which is another problem I have when finding a shampoo. Also I like this because you can tell it's washed out of your hair unlike some other shampoos where you can't really tell if it's out or not. Also it doesn't strip your hair to nothing like other cleansing shampoos. The only thing that could be better is the potency of the smell.. I find that it doesn't linger in my hair and I kind of wish it did but minor set back.
If you're like me, definitely try this product! It's like $1.50 at Walmart... what is there to lose?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Only clarifying shampoo I use for years now. It's super cheap and works wonders. Takes all the buildup from my hair in one wash leaving it soft and clean. Careful how much you use it though, it strips color if you color your hair like I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by aimeeestfancy

I have a lot if fine hair prone to oiliness. I use this daily with a good conditioner and that combo...for me, is amazing. My hair feels clean, not weighed down and healthy.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by MN48225

I have very oily roots but dry ends. There is no way I can go one day without shampoo unless I used a clarifying shampoo because anything else would make my hair oily. I can see this shampoo being very dry on most hair types so proceed with caution. Since I use a hair oil on the ends of my hair, the shampoo doesn't strip too much from my hair. It definitely does what it says. I would buy it again.