October 24, 2014 | 1783 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Daily Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

This is my go to clarifying shampoo for many years (since highschool in the early 90's)

It works like a charm to get rid of buildup on the hair or any products that are hard to get out of your hair (styling paste,glue,gel,etc)

I love how the scent is fresh & light....I have 3b naturally curly hair that is dyed s well and while this shampoo can be drying I always use a deep conditioner after using it.

A huge bottle for a $1.50 (at Walmart) is a major bargain and lasts!! I use this shampoo 1x a week or whenever I feel my hair needs it....always a 100% repurchase for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was told to occasionally use a clarifying shampoo for my oily hair during the summer. I wasn’t expecting much from this shampoo however, it was amazing. It leaves my hair and scalp so fresh and clean. I can feel it actually does get rid of any buildup from my hair products. I was afraid it would make my hair feel dry and limp but it doesn’t it could be because I only use the shampoo I don’t use the conditioner, I use my usual Garnier conditioner. It smell so fresh and clean. It can probably be used daily like it is advertised but I wouldn’t feel comfortable using it daily. Overall this is great and I would repurchase especially because it is so inexpensive I bought it at target for less than $2. Almost forgot to mention I also use it on my makeup brushes. It's amazing for that as well

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I switched back to this after recent disappointment with Prell's new, intense fragrance, which I recently wrote a rave about but now...it's a lot stronger after a few days.
What did they do to that stuff? Industrial strength hyper-smell bomb that took me to Crazy Town. I thought I liked it but couldn't stand it after the last day.
So Suave is revamping its line, including the Naturals, and this is just as good as anything for removing gunk. The fragrance is clean, it rinses well and it cleans nicely. I hope they don't change the scent. It's perfect. Check out the Waterfall Mist too; it's also good. They're gradually phasing out the old Naturals so I wonder if this one is next..I hope they don't put nasty silicone and conditioner into the clarifier.
EDIT: Been using for a month. I don't even need rinse conditioner anymore because I have the apple detangler and It's A Ten leave-in spray, which is the most incredible detangler ever made. It's expensive but perfect if you enjoy clarifying shampoo like I do. Suave better keep this one straight-up clarifying; no added funny biznizz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Does it's job well. Smells very clean and fresh no fake or childish scent to it. Safe for everyday or when needed.
Love everything about it. I think I will finally try the conditioner but I am wary as clarifying does not sound conditioning enough for my conditioning needs lol as far as this shampoo though it is a favorite

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My husband uses this shampoo daily. Always looking to save a little money, I picked this up instead of the Pantene version he had been using. He actually prefers this one over the Pantene. He works outdoors daily so his hair gets really dirty. This cleans without drying out his hair.

I only use a clarifying shampoo to remove product build-up about once a month for my dry, color-treated hair. It removes all residue but doesn't feel like it's stripping my hair. I follow it with my normal shampoo and as always, condition it well. We have repurchased this little gem many times & will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by LipSlickPrincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a lot of fine, brunette, oily hair and needed a clarifying shampoo to do just that: clarify. I do not use any hair products because of my previous (oily) trials with them. This shampoo works great and keeps its promises. I use it every 3-4 days because my hair is long andthe bottom half of it is usually too dry to be washed frequently. I struggle with an oily scalp, but as long as I don't style or touch the top of my hair, it stays
fresh with this shampoo and conditioner on the ends. It does not dry out my hair, probably because of its oily tendencies, and keeps it soft and shiny. The price is AMAZING and I have already bought a larger size of this to use when I'm finished my first bottle. It lathers well which allows me to use less of it than I usually would for a shampoo.
I have tried many sulfate-free products in hope that it would help with these dry dust-like particles I would find in my hair (not dandruff) but found this shampoo (and another sulfate-free shampoo from Just Bee Natural which was discontinued *cry*) was effective in helping with this. Overall, this is worth buying if you're looking for a truly clarifying shampoo :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by elle918

This stuff is great. I don't use it everyday, but I do keep a bottle in my shower at all times. Being so cheap, that's easy to do. This brand is often overlooked, but this particular product is definitely one that shouldn't be. Pleasant smell and does the trick. 5 stars :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Jevans714

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My hair was a slight tint of purple after using a toner, i bought this the night i dyed & toned my hair & used it the next day. I'm so glad for $1.50 it got out all the purple and whatever else gunk was in my hair. It does make your hair feel very dry after you rinse it out so you will def need a good conditioner, i always use hello hydration from herbal essences & the 2 together left my hair very clean & so soft :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by koreenicole

This shampoo is the absolute BEST for getting build up from hair. I've suffered from sticky, product build up and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it out of my hair. After washing, my hair was still greasy and sticky! I used this clarifying shampoo and my hair feels so clean and lightweight! It's amazing. My hair looks and feels amazing; shiny, clean, weightless! Would definitely repurchase over and over!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by herngc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair type: Frizzy damaged thick curly hair. (Yay me)

I use alot of different products on my hair so it does tend to form build up every once in awhile. I mainly bought this shampoo of course because of the reviews on here and also because its so darn cheap. FIRST off let me say you need to know how to work with this shampoo because it can be VERY drying. I would highly suggest using this shampoo like once a week followed by a good moisterizing conditioner. This stuff does work my hair did feel nice and clean afterwards.