Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Ammonium Chloride, PEG 5 Cocamide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Dimethicone Copolyol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200), Violet 2 (CI 60730)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All-time favorite shampoo. Super gentle formula.

REFERENCE: Super sensitive skin. Fine, long, straight, virgin blonde hair--lots of it.

SUMMER use method: Use as is. Or, maybe use a little leave-in conditioner on the ends afterwards.

WINTER use method: Mix with a couple drops of jojoba oil for a more hydrating, moisturizing shampoo that doesn't weigh my hair down. Be careful not to use too much oil though.

I have relaxed, naturally coarse, dry and highlighted hair... and I actually love this shampoo! I tried the whole sulfate-free thing and using moisturizing shampoos for my hair type but my hair always felt thick, dry and lacked movement and shine. I found out that my town has ridiculously hard water but wasn't sure how frequent clarifying would work for me as you always hear not to strip your hair if it is processed and dry. I picked up this bottle of Suave figuring something formulated for daily use might be gentler than a standard clarifying shampoo. I now use this every other time I wash. I feel like my conditioner works so much better afterward and my hair has shine and life again, and some lift at the roots where it tends to go flat.

I love this shampoo. I alternate between this and the suave sleek moisturizing shampoo and hardly ever blow dry my hair anymore and I get many compliments It's so shiny. I swear the sleek shampoo is the same formula as the now discontinued Thermasilk.

After doing my big chop last year and getting rid of the years of damage, breakage, and and split ends I was on a mission to get my ringlets back to the best they can be. Ever since then I have been searching and searching for my holy grail products. And so far hot oil treatments, weekly deep conditioning, and using a conditioning cleanser as opposed to a shampoo has done it for me. Yet I knew that a deep cleaning and removing all of the leave in cream, gels, and oils was nessesary. I am 100% against suk dates they do nothing but frizz up and dry out my hair but after reading the reviews on this very affordable shampoo I decided to try a clarifying shampoo. Knowing that clarifying shampoos are meant to strip the hair of ALL product I decided to follow up with a deep conditioner with hopes that it would soak in and do its magic even better. And IT DID. I will not be using this everyday or maybe even every week(every two or three weeks) and I will be following with a deep conditioning afterwards. Love the results, the price, the scent, the effectiveness, the not too stripping effect. A clarifying shampoo is STAPLE in a good hair regimen. Will continue to purchase until I find something better. Don't think I will :)

This was recommended to me by a friend after I started having oily hair the day after washing. I could not understand why this was happening because before I had been able to go 3-4 days without washing my hair and it never got greasy. My friend explained to me that because of the products I put in my hair and especially since I do a pure coconut oil mask once a week, my hair had a lot of build up and that was why it was weighed down and greasy. she explained the importance of using a clarifying shampoo once every few weeks. I picked this one up, super cheap, I believe I got it for under a dollar on sale at CVS. It made my hair new, refreshed, and alive again! I had my lovely volume back and was ecstatic! One thing I would recommend is if you use this on a regular or semi-regular basis like me (once or twice every few weeks) do a deep conditioner or mask after. This stuff does tend to leave my hair a tad dry if I don't do the deep conditioning treatment afterwards. Other than that, I LOVE this stuff, especially for the price...great fresh scent as well!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I haven't written a review here in years but I just finished up a bottle of this and tracked down my password just to give this cheapie shampoo 5 stars! My hair is SO clean and smooth and soft every time I use this that I don't even use or need conditioner with it. It gets out all the build-up, lathers nicely and you only need a small amount. And the price is around $1.

My bathroom is filled with Pureology, Peter Thomas Roth, Aveda and Dry Bar and honestly I think this shampoo works better than them all. I really love it. I have hair that is oily and medium-to-fine that requires washing every day or every other day if I really want to stretch it. If I use this shampoo I'm more likely to get two clean hair days. The packaging is unimpressive drugstore packaging but whatever. Will obviously repurchase!

Does what it says on the tin. Strips hair of all the gunk and buildup, and that's saying a lot for my thick, coarse hair with an oily scalp. Inexpensive and fresh-smelling, too. However, I found that if I use this for too long, my scalp somewhat develops an "immunity" towards the formula, which is a shame because I haven't been able to finish a bottle yet. I'd consider repurchasing after going through all the shampoo backlog I have in my stash right now.

I just bought my third bottle.. I've been suffering from oily hair since.. Like, since birth! And I read in many blogs that clarifying shampoo usually helps. I found Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo in a grocery shelf and the rest is history! Overall, I just like that I can use it everyday, though my hair is still not amazingly bouncy, this shampoo helps lessen the grease in my hair.

The packaging is not elegant and the formula is not luxurious but DAMN if this doesn't take the junk out of my hair.
Sometimes even the finest shampoo needs to be washed away. This has a nice, non-fruity scent, lathers well, strips the nasty out, and is cheap cheap cheap. You can find it almost everywhere and works better than Neutogena IMO. I'm willing to give up fancy packaging for something that leaves my hair clean, full, bouncy, and my scalp equally purified.
Ideal for all hair but if you have ABSURDLY damaged hair, use sparingly.
EDIT: This also keeps my hair cleaner longer. After being sick for a day and lying in bed. (not bathing until late) I wasn't greasy or gross. Two thumbs up!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This shampoo as well as the conditioner work great. I too have fine straight hair that can left flat and oily at the scalp if the shampoo and conditioner are too rich. This is way more economical then the Tea tree salon brand and accomplishes the same thing I alternate with a sulfate free shampoo and use this once or twice a week but if I am in a place with hard water I can even use this every day but I don't recommend for color treated hair, it is a clarifying shampoo and has sulfates.