Maybelline shiny-licious in raizn razzle

3.6

Eh, I am not thrilled about this gloss. The color is so nice in the tube, and it comes on almost clear on my lips. It fades away quickly, leaving hard sparkles on my lips. I wanted to like this color, but it now sits in my makeup divider, with other rejects. Won't be repurchasing, obviously.

on 9/14/2007 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love these glosses but the fuzzy applicator never did much for me. Maybelline has taken care of this problem!!! They now have a smooth slanted tip applicator! I was walking through the makeup asle and noticed 'new applicator' printed on the label of a few colors, this being one, so I got it. I guess that my walmart only got a new shipment of a few colors. This is a very sparkly, sheer plum. This is very pretty and will look great with cool colors. I will buy more of these now that they're improved.

on 1/2/2007 6:27:00 PM

Meh. This is ok for a drugstore gloss. Something about the texture of this makes me very aware of it being on my lips, the stickyness maybe? I just do not love it. It looks almost clear. I really, really, prefer the Sally Handon glosses to this one.

on 10/2/2006 9:07:00 PM

I really like the new shiny-licious's. They're so much creamier, shinier and less sticky than the old ones. Raiz'n Razzle is a very pretty shade, a mauvy beige, with an almost burgandy undertone, similar to Sugar Plum. But Raiz'n Razzle has a TON of silver shimmer in it. On lips, it goes on pretty much clear, but the shimmer makes it look super shiny. It smells so yummy like grape juice and lasts for quite a while. Gonna go buy another shade:)

on 7/17/2006 7:51:00 PM

Shinylicious has improved a lot... last time I tried them the chemical/stickyness was AWFUL and I ditched the two I bought after 1 use. This product is kinda goopy and an odd brown/mauvey color. I personally got sucked in by the glitter... which is nice. I'll probably use this more in the winter or fall because of it's color.

on 5/18/2006 2:42:00 PM

I'm weirded out by the furry applicator on the end of these things, but I love their textures and color, so it's not too much a deterrent. Since this one's so glittery (which I like) it leaves sparkles on my lips after the color's gone--no matter, I keep it in my purse for regular reapplications. I prefer my lips to be coated with something, always, and this fits the bill.
The color is very natural--extremely similar to my real lip color, but with added oomph and depth. I got them on a two-for-one deal, so only at that price would I repurchase, but I think this color is LE anyway.

on 3/18/2006 11:26:00 AM

Although in the tube this shade is pretty dark, on my lips it shows up as a pretty sheer plum/bergundy with shimmers. It looks great alone or over a pale lipstick. It smells/tastes like grape juice. It has a nice consistency, goes on smoothly and it's not thick.

A little goes a long way. I'm not a Maybelline fanatic... However I have to say that I absolutely adore their Shiny-Licious glosses so I don't mind to pay 7 bucks even if it's a drugstore gloss.... continued >>

on 1/1/2006 4:58:00 PM

I bought this along with the limited edition misty mint and crushed candy but this one is my favorite.In the tube it looks like a deep plummy mauve with fine silver glitter and it smells like the grape-ful shinylicious gloss. On lips, it's a sheer plum with the slightest shimmer, very glossy, and very smooth.

Recommended for Medium Skin