December 20, 2014 | 1578 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Twig

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by KIRAN94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful lip color. I like to use with SOAR or HALF RED lip liner by MAC. Use a lip primer (MAC Prep and Prime) is my favourite. One of my first lipsticks and one that I will repurchase when i'm done. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by avenged1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really like this lipstick and it comes up quite brown on my pale Irish skin. It works well with hover, whirl, subculture or soar liners (it looks quite nice with stripdown and stone for a more greyish mauve look). I don't find it that drying but then again when I wear any lipstick I always exfoliate my lips and put on a balm or moisturiser pre-liner application. Wouldn't hesitate to buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this lipstick...I really did. Nice neutral color, however...this finish dried out my lips horribly. Even with lip balm applied first. Back to the MAC counter it went... : (

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful color when transitioning into Fall season. It's a brown-nude color with a semi-matte finish: satin as MAC categorizes it. Wonderful neutral color. I use it on days that I'm not rocking a vampy fall lippie or a bright red. As other MAC satin lippies, great wear with lipliner base. Smooth application. I find it dries my lips out a tad, nothing a little balm can't fix overnight. This is a staple lippie in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've had a few MAC lipsticks before in the past but the issue I have always had is that so many colors don't suit my skin tone and they end up washing me out, I'm an NW40 with yellow undertones and black hair. I was referred to this color by a girl at MAC and oh my goodness! It is the perfect shade for me! I would describe it as a mauvey brown shade. When you look at it at first it almost looks like a reddish brown but once you swatch it is definitely a mauve shade. It's perfect for my skin color, if anything I feel like this shade enhances my features and almost makes me glow? I can't describe it. Every time I wear it I get compliments. Its a satin finish which is kind of like a matte finish but a little bit creamier with a little bit of glossiness. It's not drying whatsoever, and the staying power is fantastic, I went through a 6 hr work shift and when I got home it was still there. The smell of MAC lipsticks is like no other, smells like vanilla and not overpowering. Pigmentation is great and it glides on the lips so effortlessly. MAC lipsticks here are 16 dollars which is more than I have paid for any lipstick however I definitely feel the quality is above and beyond most of my drugstore lipsticks. Twig is my new favorite lipstick, I've been wearing it for weeks straight since I have bought it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Pinkqt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this lipstick is way too mature looking for a 20-year-old but ever since Kylie Jenner made mauve lips popular, I love it. It's not quite a mauve or dark as Kylie's since it's a bit more pinky but it's really neutral and natural looking. I love pairing this with Mac's prism blush for a neutral pink look that's sophisticated yet still girly. I definitely recommend this for everyone since it will look different on different skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WHERE has this been all my life?! I acquired Twig in my very first Back 2 MAC (it was a glorious day) and as I made my selection, the sales associate was all like "And now you'll be a Twig devotee 4 Lyfe." And in my head I was all "It's alright...but it's no Flat Out Fabulous." But, damn. Brownish rose in an extremely flattering way, satin matte, wears like IRON (iron!) without getting gross on your lips throughout the day. It's not too drying and just dark enough to look edgy without being too much look. I'm kind of in love. With a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by nikiHeartsThis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my go to neutral lipsticks. Great pigmentation. Love the satin finish, looks and wears like a matte but a lot more comfortable on the lips!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I don't think any lipstick is dated except for frosty light pink. That looks bad on most people, but Twig looks good on everyone (even if they're scared of the color). It's often overlooked for the insanely bright neons that MAC offers, but I'm just not into those at the moment. This is a "pulled together" color where you get maximum payoff for minimal effort.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Even though this colour works lovely for olive skin tones, I actually love it on my fair skin as well. I would describe it as a muted browny purple sort of colour and I love it! It is very pigmented and not sheer at all so I would beware if you don't like bold colours but it's only of my favourite lipsticks in my collection. It is also I good alternative for me being fair to an autumn lip colour as it offers that sort of purple colour without being TOO dark and in your face.