July 28, 2014 | 2056 users online

Hair Styling Tools - T3 - Evolution

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

How have I not reviews this yet? I've had my T3 Evolution for nearly 7 years (since 2007) and it's still in perfect condition and still going strong. I have lots of fine blonde hair and what I appreciate about this dryer is the fact that it does an awesome job of drying without deafening my ears, burning my hands, blowing my brains out or frying my hair. (Seriously, I had to use ear plugs with my last dryer!) It doesn't need to rely on deafening speed or scorching heat to get the job done and it's much gentler on my hair while still getting the job done quickly and keeping my hair healthy and shiny. If you have fine and/or blonde hair (natural or bleached), this will be a gentler but just as effective dryer than those other noisy blow hards that just mess up the cuticle and cause frizz-o-rama. I'm also blown away by it's longevity. I've gone through countless drugstore hair dryers that promise all the bells, whistles and results that the "professional" ones do but they all die within a year or two. I've saved money in the long run just investing in something built to last and I'd never buy a drugstore brand again. I use both the diffuser and the concentrator nozzle (depending on whether I'm drying straight or encouraging waves) and can't be more pleased.
Some advice on cleaning. Make sure to check and clean the lint trap. It's easy and quick to flick the intake grill down, rinse the "filter", press dry with a towel and replace. I also use hair spray and styling products which sometimes collect on the dryer. I've found that a misting of windex on a paper towel (so it's damp but not "wet") works wonders for hair spray, and if there's anything stubborn, add a sprinkling of baking soda on the towel and gently rub. A little love will help make it last. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese w/ thick, wavy coarse hair in the desert, hair mid back.

TIP: HOLD BY THE NOZZLE VERTICALLY TO BLOWOUT! I went to a new stylist this weekend and watched her blow out my hair by holding the nozzle vertically, which I copied tonight.. and that makes all the difference in the world in ease! And I'm sure this would not be possible if it wasn't for the T3 being extremely lightweight and the nozzle does not get hot in the hand at all (fyi I was using the low settings). (I also was using the Babyliss Ceramic Straightening brush which is a clamp style w/ vents, and OMG... I will never use those total PITA round brushes ever again... looks like there is a CHI Air Pro version in the US...must immediately purchase to compare..)

I know this is an older generation model, which I just got in a generous swap... but I definitely would shell out $200 for whatever is the latest gen will be at the time or buy this model off Ebay if it saved me a ton of moola. My $30 Conair is going into the guest bathroom now...and my hair may never be the same again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by OrangeandWhiteTigerLilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have had my T3 for 7 years. Thats right 7! I have not had any problems with it! I love this dryer because of the Tourmaline (adds shiney-ness to your hair), the faster drying time (because of the Tourmaline and no it does NOT dry your hair out), and that it only weighs 8 ounces (which means my wrists do not hurt from holding it)! My hair is long and between fine and medium thick. I also use the diffuser it came with when I want to do my hair curly. I *highly* recommend this dryer to everyone even though it is expensive it is worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Alicia88

This dryer literally transformed my hair from damaged, flyaway, and frizzy to healthy, smooth and sleek. I can't believe the difference it makes each morning. It also does dry my hair in at least half the time. Now I don't know how I lived without this product and feel obligated to write a review because it works so well. I paid sixty dollars for it on eBay but I honestly think I would pay full price for it now that I know how awesome it is :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Chabli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know what the big deal is on this. I have long, thin flyaway hair. I was hoping to achieve glossy smoothness with this, but alas. It didn't look any different than when I dry it with my old bare bones $10 Conair dryer.

I don't hate it enough to return it, but I can't recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have the older version and I just ordered the new version of it because there was a DealTicker for it! I find this blowdryer so light yet so hot and powerful! Give great body and dries hair quickly! I used this at the hair salon on clients all the time. I've had it for years and it's still working great! It's a good investment. One of the best blowdryers out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by lunardrive

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

There was no way that I was going to pay $300 for a hair dryer, so I bought an older version off the internet for $100 just out of curiosity. I have long, unruly, highlighted, course, thick hair from hell so I really hoped that this would cut down my drying time, but I am a skeptic, so I did not have high hopes. I have had it now for at least 2 years. I expected it to be super powerful and to blow me away, but the airflow was nothing to write home about. But I noticed something strange....my dry time was seriously faster than normal with this. Another thing that blows me away is that I do not have split ends and I am not one to get my hair trimmed often. I have ALWAYS had visible split ends and they are now non-existent. So, if you have the cash, this is a good dryer and it is obviously WAY less damaging to the hair. I definitely got my monies worth out of this. Out of the box it won't blow you away, but it does what it claims to do.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by cleo4lyfe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first started using these dryers a few yrs ago. After a rocky start (2 died on me after a few weeks), I finally got a one that worked great for 4 yrs. Then the motor started rattling inside, it would overheat, and shut off. My husband unscrewed the cover, and let me tell you the inside is laughable. The cheapest, thin plastic and components you can imagine. Maybe this is what makes the dryer so light, but doesn't exactly lend itself to durability. He managed to get it working again, but then a few weeks later it crapped out again. So I sucked it up and purchased a replacement, though it burned me up to spend $300 again. Expensive appliances like this should really last more than a couple of years. I only use mine for 15 min once a week. Anyway, the new dryers are nothing like the old dryers except for their light weight. It didn't dry my hair fast, straighten well, or leave it shiny. It is only 1600 watts, whereas the old one was 1800 watts. This company had it so good. They manufactured the cheapest products and sold them for exorbitant sums, despite the fact consumers knew they broke down quickly. Know they've screwed it up and managed to make their products even cheaper and sacrificing performance in the process (which is the only thing it had going for it). The company customer service rep told me they changed the wattage to make it energy efficient. Nonsense. If the dryer isn't powerful enough, I have to spend more time drying my hair and that is equal to or greater than the energy consumption spent w/a more powerful dryer. This seems to be a growing trend w/dryer manufacturers. Feels like we've taken a step back in dryer technology. The hunt for an excellent dryer continues. Sultra Sophisticate was junk and the Sedu Revolution left my hair dry and frizzy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good product, but nothing spectacular. I've been using a cheap, basic hairdryer for the last 3 years so anything would be a step up from that. I love that the T3 Evolution has 4 different heat settings and 2 speed settings. It also dries my thick, medium-length hair incredibly fast - less than 10 minutes. But that's where the positive points end. It claims to eliminate the frizzy, "blow-dried look", but my hair didn't look any more sleek or shiny after using it... it's still frizzy and a bit straw-like. And I really can't see any less heat damage to my hair as a result of using this. I'm also quite annoyed that it only works with 240V. A good hair dryer should be able to travel everywhere with you. In the end, it does what it's supposed to do - dry your hair. But for this price, I expected a lot more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by here_is_gone_88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It used to take me about an hour to dry my shoulder length thick coarse hair straight before I would flat iron it. Doing my hair would literally take me 2 hours 45 minutes. Since buying this hair dryer it takes about 20 minutes to dry, and about 35 to flat iron, and 20 to style. This has given me back sleep!!! I cannot say enough good things.