April 21, 2014 | 1030 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by judyblot

This is indeed a wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by Finnatic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have had the Clarisonic Pro for about 1-2 years.

CON: The price. Hideously expensive.

PROs: Effective in cleaning the skin, makes my other beauty products work better, different intensities and time (manufacture set it for 1 minute but you can set it for 2), portable (I can charge it fully at home and take it on vacation even for 2 weeks and the battery won't die), option of body brush (which I don't use much), great motor, non-circular motion. That's all the pros I can think of at the top of my head.

I usually don't use this everyday but I can if I use it at the lowest setting and my cleanser is gentle, I use Cetaphil.

About 1-2 times a week I'll add my glycolic acid exfoliator to the brush and set it on low setting. When I use my retinol cream my skin looks a few years younger. When I use the glycolic acid scrub I don't use my Clarisonic for a day or two to let it "heal" even though it never turns red.

I would buy it again if I lost it. Would I buy a Mia 1or 2 vs the Pro? I'd probably get the Pro even though it's more expensive. You only pay once but the benefits of the different modes and intensities are worth it. That's my logic to paying more.

I have been told by many people who have come up to me and complimented me on my skin. I don't tell them it's my Clarisonic that is behind it all. (Sorry if that sounds conceited)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Please for the love of God start off with a delicate brush head when you first use a Clarisonic. Don't even try the sensitive head first. I bought one by accident recently and it felt like sandpaper. Only when I realised my mistake and replaced it with the delicate was my skin saved. And I would recommend starting off on the lowest setting and staying there if your skin likes it. As they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it! You can always work your way up through the heads if you have to but start off with the sensitive one first. And don't press too hard! I only use the normal brush head on my heels, for instance. I find it too harsh for the rest of my body and I'm not particularly sensitive. I use my Clarisonic once a day maximum, mornings only and even skip the odd day and I think that's adequate. I hope this helps prevent more ladies going a bit OTT when they get their machines (I've been there!) and ending up with sore skin or broken capillaries (thankfully not me)...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Wheatgrass

I will never be without this product. This is HG and more for me. This product makes my favorite products work more effectively. It's easy to use and almost soothing as well. I saw results literally after my first use, my face looked cleaner (not dry) and brighter. This product will not make your wrinkles go away or make all your acne vanish... Skin will show very noticeable improvement, but not be 100% transformed. It's still amazing and my HG product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Ebyanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know it's expensive. But if I could only buy one beauty product it would be the Clarisonic! It tightens my face, makes my skin glow, and increases the efficacy of any moisturizer. My favorite routine is to clean my face, neck, and chest with the Clarisonic, then pat a healthy portion of castor oil all over. My skin has never looked better! I even wrote an article about it at http://www.anniesnuggets.com/2010/11/beauty-is-only-skin-deep.html

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the fence about the Clarisonic. At first I thought it was the answer to a prayer. Then I started getting a lot of tiny breakouts and irritation. Then I passed it on to my daughter, who soon decided it was overkill and loaned it to a friend. I got it back recently and decided to really clean the brushes and give it another go. (I had bought several new delicate brushes, thinking the brushes were old and that was the trouble! None of them had been used for anything like the three months they're supposed to last.)

Now I wouldn't dream of using the Clarisonic twice a day, and in fact I sometimes skip a day or two. I'm much happier with the results. It hasn't given me the flawless skin of my dreams, but my skin is smoother and my pores are clearer. I still hate the way the vibrations feel on my nose!

It's nicer than the Olay knock-off for sure, because that one just spins in one direction and woe unto you if your hair gets caught in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by emvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS! It's even better than I imagined. I got the Clarisonic Pro from a local Plastic Surgery doctor's office after receiving a facial. I never even looked into the Clarisonic before because of the price, and thought manual cleansing with my hands would be just as good. It's not until I talked to the esthetician about it, that it clicked in my mind. She said that it was the same premise as a Sonicare toothbrush (which I have) in that it's pulsating action is what deep cleans, and not in a harsh way. The brush in the middle does not spin. It's not even technically a exfoliator. This made perfect sense to me because my dentist has shown me pictures of the state that my gums were in before and after I was using a sonicare toothbrush at home (you just wouldn't think it would make that big of a difference!). I was sold. So I asked for one for Christmas and have been using it nightly ever since.

I have oily skin with large pores, a few active (although small) pimples at a time, and my skin is in no way sensitive. I use Retin-A every other night for just general skin maintenance (tretinion gel 0.025%). As I mentioned, my skin is not sensitive at all, so I was surprised after my first use that the brush felt too abrasive on my skin and I had the tight "clean" feeling after one minute. I knew what the Clarisonic was supposed to feel like because the esthetician had used it on my face before my facial and this seemed too harsh. After reading on makeupalley about different brush heads, I came to the conclusion that a lot of people switch from the "sensitive" brush head that comes with the kit to "delicate," even people that don't have sensitive skin. I also read great reviews on the "deep pore" brush so I decided to try that one as well. I have not used the "sensitive" brush since.

Most nights I use the delicate brush on the low setting for one minute by following the indicating beeps and the results have been amazing (and using Fresh's Soy Cleanser). My pores are smaller, my face is less oily, and my overall skin health is just... better. I will never be able to go back to hand cleansing. I have traveled with the brush as well and it is sooo easy! Every time I'm done with the brush I rinse it out, then turn it on while applying it to a dry towel which dries it pretty thoroughly, then I put on the little plastic cap and screw the head off (it's easier with the cap on) and place the handle back in the charger.

Do I think that it's necessary to get the Pro (or the Plus)? Well, I got the highest-end one because I have back acne and want to use the body brush (have not tried it yet). I also wanted the widest range of speeds that is offered. But after actually using it, I don't see myself going much above the lowest speed, if at all, for my face. If you don't want the body extension, I would say save your money and go for one of the other versions of the Clarisonic because I think those will work just as well if you're like me. Also, at stores like Sephora there's a bigger selection of trial cleansers included with the Clarisonic instead of just Clarisonic brand cleansers (I recently saw a Josie Maran set with a super cute pink travel bag!)

CAUTION:
Do not use the Clarisonic longer than recommended, especially at first! The second night using it, I kept turning it back on after the automatic shut-off to cleanse longer. The next morning I woke up with two HUGE pimples on my cheek and one on my chin. It was the horrible, big, painful, under-the-skin type. It took forever to resolve itself and I'm still dealing with the pigmentation from it even though the rest of my face looks marvelous :(. Don't make the same mistake I did, it some how miraculously cleans out your pores in just that one minute. This was the only negative side effect I've had, and I did it to myself.

NOTE ON OCM:
I have also done the oil-cleansing method using the Clarisonic and I like it. I use my own concoction of oils (castor, grape seed, jojoba, lavender), rub it on my face, then run the deep-pore brush over my face on the lowest setting for one minute. I only use the deep-pore brush with OCM because I don't want to contaminate my other brushes with the oil since it's hard to get out of the brush. After cleansing, I rub the head on a bar of soap and gently scrub it and rinse it out, the rest is the same as the delicate brush. I've only done this twice with the Clarisonic so far so I will have to update on whether I think it is an improvement to OCM on it's own.

Sorry this is so long... hope it helped!! :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by keitoaren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

When it comes to beauty tools and products, the classic Clarisonic brush is absolutely incomparable.

Now, I don't have a dramatic before and after story to tell you-- my skin has always been relatively clear and worry free. I'm also not going to go into intricate detail about every aspect of this product, given that there are already so many reviews that can tell you everything I know and more.

All I can say is that I truly did not know how it felt to have a clean face until the first time I used my Clarisonic brush. I received it as a gift from my mother maybe 4 years ago, as she swears by her brush, and has seen very dramatic improvement in her skin from using it. At first I thought it was a waste of her money, given that I thought my skin was perfectly clean-- but I was wrong. If you think your skin is clean after washing your makeup off in the sink, you're wrong, too. Let the Clarisonic prove it to you, like it did to me. I never thought my skin could get any softer, either, but it does, every time I use this brush.

Like anything I own, as a very clumsy person, this product has to be durable. Let me tell you, it can take one hell of a beating. I have dropped this brush many times, anywhere from three to five feet in the air, and it has never once broken or even scratched or scuffed in any way.

Perhaps the best part of this brush for me, provided that my skin has always been clear, is that it essentially takes whatever face wash you choose to use and majorly enhances the effectiveness of said product. I like to use the new Obagi wash (the one that he makes, not the brand Obagi that he sold), along with a Shiseido brightening wash, and between time I spend away from home without my brush, and time at home with it, there is dramatic improvement with the brush. It's like, My Soap but Better!

I told myself I would leave a short review, but I guess I just couldn't help it-- I'm ranting and raving, aren't I? That's just how great this product is, I guess. I honestly do feel bad for the people who dislike this product-- you guys are really missing out! But I guess not every product works for every person. I should just feel lucky that this works for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I used it for the first month and i thought it improved my skin a little, but not THAT much. i stopped using it for a while and then i started to get these really small pimples on my face (i have oily/combination skin). i decided to try the clarisonic brush again, and within a week or so, all the small pimples disappeared! i wondered why i had even stopped using it in the first place.

i LOVE this brush! after using it for so long (the first month), the results weren't very noticeable.. but once i stopped using it and started to use it again, i could tell that it made my face feel so much cleaner! and i have less breakouts because of it!

I highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I duno if I wanna buy again cus its expensive but I do love it!

I've been using the Clarisonic for about 3 months. I still have mixed feelings toward it. On the positive side- I have been very acne-prone for the past few years, and I think this has helped clear it up a bit. It does not perform miracles- especially if you are someone that already exfoliates well, but it does exfoliate and clean your skin very nicely. I use a very gentle foaming face wash with it. After I use it, I dry my skin, then wash it again with a benzoyl peroxide face wash- I was told when I bought it to use something that kills bacteria, because this cleans so deeply that it will spread bacteria- this may be the problem people are having with breakouts after using it.

The cons are that my pore size is definitely the same.

Overall, I think that it's a great product- my face feels much cleaner when I use it.

I don't think it lives up to marketing but overall its a good product that I came to realize that I NEED