April 16, 2014 | 962 users online

Treatments - Nioxin - Smoothing Reflective Elixir

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by luvbeauty27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have thin frizzy hair and this stuff really calms it down without making it greasy i have only found a hand full of products that work with my hair .

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by mibrola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nioxin Smoothing Reflectives Silk Elixer Leave in Hair Repair Conditioner, $10 - $13 Unless directed otherwise I always put in hair products on towel dried hair, before styling or blow drying. This product leaves my hair super soft and healthy looking. My split ends seem less noticable and over all (natural) color seems stronger.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 10:56:00 AM More reviews by sweetkisses2351

Got this as a free sample from my boyfriend's hairdresser. I thought I was hooked on biosilk and redken heat glide for my pre-blowdrying treatment. But this stuff.... WOW i love that it doesn't have alcohol in it like all of my other products and it actually leaves my hair at its regular thickness after blowdrying and flat ironing it. My other stuff made my hair SO THIN which upset me because my hair is actually on the thicker side. I love this stuff and before I run out of my free packet, I'm going to buy a full size tube. I'm hooked!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2006 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great product! I have thick, coarse, curly hair and I use the Silk Elixir every time I wash my hair (after towel drying). It makes my hair soft and silky and it calms frizz on my curls. It has a nice light fragrance and I love that it protects hair from UVA/UVB rays and is alcohol-free. I will use this product as long as I have hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2006 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Dawnmarie2009

i use this in the summer time! an absolute must for curly/wavy frizz prone hair

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 6:31:00 PM More reviews by deutsch100

My hair is REALLY thin, and heavily highlighted. I bought this even though it says for normal to course hair. After shampooing/conditioning and towel drying, I applied about a dime size of this and ran it thru my hair. I concentrated on the ends, but I did pull it thru all of my hair. I then blow dried and lightly flat ironed my hair. I did this this morning, and so far my hair is still silky soft (but not too much), shiny, bouncy and smells light and clean.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2005 1:04:00 PM More reviews by april1976

A nice idea - a product for coarse or unruly hair made as a daily treatment before drying. While this smelled good and was good in theory, it had way too much protein in it and did the reverse of what it claimed it could do - it made my hair dry and even more unruly. I am very aware that you need some sort of humectant to balance out protein in many instances or you will end up with dry hair, but this didn't have quite enough to even it out and produce it's intended results. I used it three times overall then returned it for another Smoothing Reflective product I wanted to try.