December 20, 2014 | 993 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap Extra Mild

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It would probably be better if this product was not marketed as a soap because it does not lather like soap. Obviously that has confused some of the reviewers here. However, I love cream and milk cleansers and run from the hills at any suggestion of foam or lather on my face, so when the Clinique consultant demonstrated in store that this product does NOT lather, I was sold. So far, I'm enjoying it very much. It is not drying. I do detect a very mild, herbal scent, so faint you could easily miss it, but pleasant. All in all, this product seems a reasonable replacement for Clinique's Comforting Cream Cleaner, which I used and loved for years but which has been d/c.

I can't comment on whether the this product leaves a filmy residue because I follow it with Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion and that would get rid of any residue. Water probably wouldn't. I do suggest that people fully inform themselves as to how a product is supposed to work before they criticise it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Leeopeth444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My holy grail facial soup. I have it in the very dry to dry skin type version . Ever since I started using it my dry face became softer and cleaner. I do all the 3 steps, this soap, the clarifying lotion number 1 and then the dramatically different moisturizing lotion +. All of these make my face moisturized and healthy and I have smaller pores. I'll use it for the next few years.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by DracheMitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hate foaming face washes. They always have sulfates in them, which are drying, no matter how much people try to convince themselves otherwise. This product is a cleansing milk that works almost like a cleansing oil. It uses fruit and seed oils to break up dirt and makeup.

Because it is almost a cleansing oil, I use this product on my face dry, massage it into the skin, then use a wet cloth to remove the dirt. It is one of the only Clinique cleansers I like.

I have oily skin, and I don't like any cleansers that drastically change the oil or moisture level. This product is a dream.

And for all those having problems removing this from their skin, I really question their hygiene habits...there's no ingredients in this that would create a film...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROS:
none

CONS I DON'T CARE ABOUT:
- it's not suitable for removing make-up, you need a separate product for that
- doesn't really moisturize skin, although it's supposed to be suited for dry skin

CONS I DO CARE ABOUT:
- it irritated my skin after a couple of weeks: caused a burning sensation and a rosacea-like redness, I took a break from it, and tried to use it some time later: it irritated my skin right after the first use that time
- left a film on my skin: which my be the reason why the irritation lasted all day long

WHAT I RECOMMEND INSTEAD:
La Roche Posay Toleriane: the best line of cleansers if you want healthy skin

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Skinandjuice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for my hormonal acne prone skin since 2011. In that time I have tried other cleansers (and still use proactiv's exfoliant, toner and lotion) but come back to this one for a number of reasons:
1.) it gets my skin SUPER clean w/o leaving residue or making it tight...I can see the ALL of the dirt on the washcloth and there's never dirt left on the cotton ball after toning
2.) it's fragrance-free and non-foaming, as strong fragrance and foaming agents can make me break out in little bumps resembling a heat rash after a while
3.) because of the oil content, it dissolves all (albeit very light) makeup I occasionally wear

NOTE ABOUT USE: because this is a lotion cleanser, it's not designed to foam. In fact, according to the bottle, it can be left on the skin and massaged in in lieu of rinsing off at all (think pond's cold cream). Therefore, if you have oily/combo/acne-prone skin it's most effective if you use it with a wash cloth on a DRY (or only slightly damp) face. Simply use one pump of the product on a damp cloth and wash your face as you normally would. Once you've cleaned your face, rinse the dirt and product from the cloth and your face. Finally, rinse your face one last time with the wet/damp cloth to wipe off any leftover cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Mbeaulieu603

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

You only need to use a small amount like one push of the pump and rub it between your palms. It won't lather so don't keep putting some on expecting it to. When applied I leave it about a minute on my skin and wash it off. This product stays on your skin no matter how much you rinse and leaves somewhat of a sticky residue, it's awful! But besides being hard to rinse and leaving residue I have seen improvement on my skin. It's helped with my dry flaky forehead to the point of leaving it smooth. I was thinking of bring it back but I'm willing on using the whole bottle before determining whether or not I want to buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by miafiona

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely terrible !!! Clinique I am super disappointed in you. What is this stuff? When your trying to get this stuff to clean your skin you get ZERO lather. This is far too much of a cream consistency to lather. Does absolutely nothing. I bought this due to having sensitive skin thinking it was the liquid. Perhaps I didn't look into it enough to realise that the mild and oily formulas are liquid which lathers good and the extra mild is a gooey cream that doesn't lather. This is just terrible . Major let down

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gooey consistency, did not clean well, left a film on my skin, caused me to breakout. Extremely overpriced for what it is. The whole 3 step proved aggressive and irritating for me. Outdated. Thumbs down.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is recommended by Paula's choice as a great option for sensitive or dry skin. But I found it stung my skin and left it feeling stripped and dry, and more even more sensitive for a few days, especially around the nose. I do like the City Block though, which she also recommends for sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by swim

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is fantastic. I had been using Purpose for years and just tried Cetaphil and while both were really good I wasn't sure it was really taking all of my makeup off and cleaning my skin. This product really cleans my sensitive, dry skin. I love the bottle! It is so pretty and will last a really long time!