April 17, 2014 | 1597 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap Extra Mild

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Too drying. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for almost two months now and I really like it! For whatever reason, my skin became abnormally dry this fall and winter. I'm talking dry flakes everywhere. It was to the point where it was very embarrassing and I almost stopped wearing foundation/tinted moisturizer/BB cream completely because it only accentuated the dry patches and flakes. On a whim I decided to give Clinique skincare a try. I was about to change my mind when I saw that even the Mild cleanser contained sodium laureth sulfate (sulfates are a big no-no for me as I do have moderately sensitive skin as well), but the SA said there's also an Extra Mild version, which does not contain any sulfates and does have quite a few skin-friendly ingredients. It's also fragrance-free.

Just a quick rant... I don't understand why people are so surprised that it's more of a lotion consistency and that it doesn't lather. Read the ingredients, people! Become educated on skincare ingredients. It does not have a lathering agent in it. Typically, anything that lathers is potentially more drying and/or irritating to the skin. So if you truly have sensitive and/or dry skin, you *do not want lather*.

This cleanser feels so nice and soothing on the skin, and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and supple after. I can see how this might feel a little "oily" to someone who has oily skin, but if you truly have dry skin, it will feel like heaven. I only have two somewhat minor complaints about this product. The first is that although it does cleanse regular face makeup off pretty well, it hardly does anything at all for eye makeup. I wear mascara and eye liner daily, and after I'm done washing my face at night I look like a raccoon. I don't like to have to use a separate eye m/u remover, so that's kind of a bummer. At the same time though, you have to realize that this is an *extra mild* formula. So... that's pretty much to be expected. Also, I'm used to my previous face wash lasting about 3-4 months before I have to replace it, and it's looking like this bottle will last me about 2.5 months (I use two pumps each time and I use it twice a day), which isn't horrible by any means, but it also costs more than what I'm used to spending for face wash. However, I feel that having healthier skin is definitely worth the extra few dollars!

I definitely *would* repurchase this, but I think when this one runs out I'm going to try Philosophy 3-in-1 Cleansing Gel. I tried a sample of it before using the Clinique, and it removed all my makeup and didn't dry my face out. I only used it about 5 times though, so if it does start drying me out, I'll definitely go back to the Clinique!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by lchute

Even though I am not that old I definitely can feel a change in my skin then when I graduated from high school.

My skin became very dry and very sensitive during the years.

I cannot use a lot if products on my face without it breaking out in red flakey spots on my cheeks.

I always thought I had to treat my dry skin before anything but was later told that I was going about it the wrong way. That I should be treating my sensitivity and then my dry.

I've been using this facial soap for 4 years now and love it!

It is very light on my skin and helps with my sensitivity. The only negative is that it won't take all my dryness away. But with the help of Clinique's moisture surge intense, my dryness is taking care of.

I am very pleased with this product! It works for me :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by CaillouM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a fan of the 'mild' version since many years and wanted to give this one a try because my skin is getting drier. The difference with the mild soap is huge. This one is a sort of thick cleansing lotion which does not foam at all. It leaves a very oily residue which can not be removed by whatever amount of rinsing. Makeup is removed ok, but because of the oily consistency I avoid it around my eyes, which will get a filmy layer when I come close. I finally used a toner with alcohol all over my face to get off the grease - there goes the soothing effect. Would not buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I bought this believing it would be similar to the Mild version of the same liquid cleanser but more gentle. I wasn't aware that this was more of a cream cleanser that doesn't foam (and believe me, I tried my hardest to make it foam!) I don't feel that it removes my makeup well, and in this respect I do prefer the Mild version which works great. But my skin feels so much drier when I use this cleanser which is not what I expected, still at least I haven't had any breakouts from it yet. I apply all over my face, massage for a little while then rinse with water. I think this might work better at makeup removal with a cloth of some kind but I will try that at a later date. Love the pump bottle, so much easier to use than a tube (the sample sizes all come in tube packaging which is cumbersome when you have wet hands). All in all, not a bad product at all, I just prefer a cleanser that foams so won't be buying this one again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Disnep

Okay, I got this in the gift with purchase so it's a sample size. And to be honest, I didn't even use it all, I finish mine as a shave cream. I hate it. First of all, It don't lather up...I know this is the extra mild version and it suppose not to dry out your skin....but the "don't lather up" formula didn't make me feel "moisturized." Second, I hate the scent. I don't care if this is an organic product or something, I don't want my cleanser smell like plastic....I still give it two lippie because it clean my face fine. By the way, I am oily skin. So if I can clean my face with this I don't know how dry skin people can use this.....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by alikkaho

I am surprised at the number of negative reviews regarding this product. I have extremely sensitive skin (I will randomly break out in giant hives), that is also oily and acne prone. After what has felt like millions of different face washes, this is only one I have found to work for me. It doesn't foam - but then again, neither do other sensitive face washes such as Cetaphil. I find the lack of foaming to be more gentle, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling taut. I find that it removes my make-up, and leaves my skin feeling plump and soft. It doesn't burn or cause redness, as stronger face washes and toners tend to incite in my skin (including all other Clinique face washes and toners). I find the pump to be extremely practical, and I only use one, at most two, pumps per wash - thus, a bottle lasts me almost six months. I also use it in conjunction with prescription acne medications (which tend to react strongly in combination with other products) and have found no problems.

My skin regime:

Clinique liquid extra mild facewash
Benzaclin
Retin-A
Clinique pore minimizing serum
Clinique even better moisturizing lotion with sunscreen
Clinique BB Cream
Combination of Lancome waterproof concealer and Smashbox high definition concealer
Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Skin Smoothing loose powder

From using this regime, my skin has stayed breakout and hives free! I highly recommend the face wash!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I have sensitive, combination-to-oily, acne-prone skin. I do use Retin-A on my face on a day-to-day basis. Retin-A is very drying to the skin. Therefore, I decided on a whim to try this cleanser just to see how it would/could work for my skin.

This product comes in true lotion form. Also, it has a noticeaby, light cucumber scent to it as well. And, it is designed to only provide a light cleansing to one's face. If you are someone that wears makeup (like I do), you will definitely need to definitely remove your makeup beforehand.

I didn't find this cleanser to leave a film on my skin after rinsing it off. Also, it didn't aggravate my skin in any way either. Overall, I think that this is a decent cleanser to use. However, I do prefer cleansers that will provide my skin with more a deeper cleaning than what this one can provide. So, I won't be re-purchasing this cleanser again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by LeoniePhoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I came to buy this product after using the normal Clinique Facial Cleanser for a year which felt terrible - it was far too harsh and drying to my combination skin.
Upon using this, I found that it didn't do a good job of removing my make up at all, it just kind of washed over it and didn't foam up one. It kind of reminded me of milk which is a little disappointing. I find myself using a makeup wipe and then using the cleanser which seems to be pointless in my opinion.
This may be very good to ladies (and men) with extremely sensitive skin, but to those who would like a cleansing facial soap I would suggest to stay away.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Tpot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted a gentle cleanser and bought this after reading Beautypeadia. Big mistake. This burned my skin the very first time that I used it. I checked the ingredients' list but could not find which could have caused the irritation. Quite puzzling to me. Checked MUA & found there are a few users who had the same complaints. Not willing to waste it, I continue to use it on & off, but it'll burn my skin each time. I don't leave it on my skin long and will rinse it off quickly after a few circular movements round my face. However, though it burns, there is no residual redness nor any rashes. Thank God for that! I do like the texture, it does not leave my skin dry/taut & rinses off well. I also tend to use a lot (4 pumps), maybe also coz I want to finish it fast :) The pump & bottle works well. However, I will not repurchase on account of the stinging & burning sensation.