July 24, 2014 | 1928 users online

Cleansers - La Roche Posay - Rosaliac Micellar Make-Up Removal Gel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I've heard pretty good things about La Roche-Posay as a brand, but so far apart from their Cicaplast Baume B5 which works wonders at treating sore skin (such as sunburn), I've not been too impressed with the other products I've tried. And sadly this micellar gel is no exception.

First off I think I should state that I only used this for taking off my eye makeup, so I can't comment on what kind of a job it would do of taking off a full face of makeup. However, where removing eye makeup is concerned this was pretty rubbish. I don't wear loads of eye makeup, so didn't expect this to have much of a problem taking it off, but this literally did nothing. I found I used twice as many cotton pads when using it and I ended up having to practically scrub at my eyes to make it work. This obviously led to sore and tender skin around my eye area and tender eyelids too and the worse thing, it made not a dent in my mascara meaning I had to use even more effort to get that to come off. And I don't even wear waterproof mascara so theoretically it should have had no issues being removed at all.

I can only imagine what a mess it would make of your skin if you used this to take off a whole face of makeup. Chances are you'd wind up scrubbing and scrubbing at your skin without noticing one ounce of difference, before finally admitting defeat and resorting to your regular cleanser. I'll finish using this as I paid about 8.00GBP for it (which I consider to be a lot for a makeup remover - especially one that doesn't work) but I definitely won't be rushing out to buy any more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying that I was not using this cleanser under "normal" circumstances.
For 5 weeks I suffered from burning, picking, hot skin, which I suppose is a flare of sebborheic dermatitis.
An appointment with a derm ended in the wrong medikation.
While I was waiting 3 weeks for a second appointment with another derm, I was quite desperate, because I didn�t know what to do with my skin. I gave up any usual make up and skincare regimen and left my skin alone. But even if I could give up cleansing in the morning, I wanted to have a cleanser for the evening. I first used my well-trusted Eucerin re-balance. It was quite good, but my skin was in a desolate state.
Then, one day, I talked to a colleague and she had rosacea and said, she used the LRP Rosaliac line. I went and bought the AR intense and as it worked good on my skin, I went and got the micellar cleanser. I found that some of the products for rosacea work for my skin as they are formulated to be light and soothing.
The cleanser is a clear gel, that�s not foaming. It�s gelly, odorless and leaves a cooling sensation.
I use the method of Isabell Bellis: Wetting my face with thermal water, spreading the cleanser in my hands and using light circular motions on my face to spread the cleanser. After that, I rinse the cleanser with cool water. The instructions say, you can use it without water, but I prefer to rinse my cleansers. Then I dab my face with a towel and follow with a spray of thermal water to calm down my skin and erase the effects of our hard tap water.
Honestly the cleanser is a little more drying than my usual cleansers. I prefer milk or cream cleansers for my skin. but in this flare of seborrheic dermatitis, I felt better with a light, cooling gel cleanser and I take the side effect of a little drier feel after cleansing. Don�t get me wrong, the cleanser doesn�t leave my face cracking dry or flaking, but my usual cleansers leave a film on my skin and this one doesn�t. May also be because I don�t tissue it off, but rinse it off.
It contains paraben, silicones and triethanolamine. In case you don�t like these ingredients, don�t use this cleanser. It also contains thermal water, caffeine and ascorbyl glucoside (mild form of vitamin c), which are the ingredients to help the rosacea skin plus glycerin for moisture. If these ingredients really can work if I rinse the cleanser and don�t leave it on my skin, I dont know.
Probably the best about this cleanser is, that it cools down my skin and feels like a splash of cool air on my face. I almost couldn�t believe it.
As I�m not able to use make up or sunscreen at the moment, the cleansing power is enough at the time. I guess I won�t be able to use make up or sunscreen for quite a while, so I just use this cleanser up and we�ll see.
I will buy this cleanser again, but only if I have a special need for this cleanser during a flare. Otherwise I stick with my usual cleansers.
Every skin is different, so this one might or might not work for your skin. It would be ideal to test this with a sample if that�s possible.
I would recommend for people with sensitive skin or rosacea to try this, if your skin can take the ingredients.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by q8a6y5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Doesn't take off all make up... And the worst thing is that my cheeks become red and irritated when I use it. I have rosacea and a little sensitive skin. I need a more soft and gentle cleanser. I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by chessablue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is another of my repeat buys going back many years. I do have Rosacea and this is a great quick cleanser that doesn't dry or irritate my skin, leave a film or make me break out. It won't remove heavy eye makeup or waxy mascaras, but it does get rid of most of what I wear everyday without too much rubbing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Spooty

I don't have sensitive skin so I can't say if this is particularly irritating but I did find it an average gel makeup remover. Feels good but requires a bit more rubbing than I normally like. I might repurchase at a lower price but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by karaEMP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this product since it is meant for rosacea skin-types. Unfortunately, it was way too drying and DID NOT effectively remove all traces of make-up without rubbing as the company claims it will. Too bad- it was very expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by AWeiss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried this product from a sample and am not impressed. Simply, it does not take off makeup up well. I wear liquid mineral foundation, use a pencil eyeliner and mascafra. The cleanser leaves behind a fair amount of makeup and I end up looking like I've been crying with my makeup on for 5 days. Now if you want a mild daily cleanser just to clean your face, before makeup, this product works well. It leaves your skin soft, not tight or dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This actually removed my Clinique Almost Makeup Foundation and Almost Powder foundation really well, I was surprised. I applied a thick layer with my hands and then removed with large cotton pads. My face was free of makeup but there was a film left behind, that's why I gave it a 4 instead of 5. I find Clinique TTDO Balm more effective and it leaves no film behind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by andreacaracortada

wow. another amazing MU removal gel. got this as a sample from my local pharmacy and it is a great one. it is a see-through unscented gel, which cleanses my skin thoroughly by just using water and without really the hassle of having to use cotton pads. Great suggestion for sensitive skins.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

i have been using samples of this for about a month now, (yes given a very generous amt of them). i have very reactive skin, rosacea like symptoms though i have a med condition that kills off my moisture glands which is likey the cause of those. my sensitive skin goes haywire with most things. i like this cleanser a lot. i use it for face and eyes, applying on a moistened cotton round then using another wet/clean one, then rinsing finally. this does remove all eye mu and foundation even revlon cs and concealer. it leaves what feels like a film at first on your skin, but that adds moisture to my skin i feel.

its not inexpensive but i am now going to buy the full size. i have not experienced any negative reactions from this and finding gentle products like that is next to impossible. plus the bottle will last a long time since even a little from the samples goes a long way.