July 28, 2014 | 2016 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Baby Bee Diaper Ointment

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by AmazingLife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am prone to rashes, and every time I get one this is my go-to product. I buy it at Walgreen's in the baby section and have re-purchased it as needed. It works better than prescription hydro-cortisone creams without any side effects. If you like essential oils (as I do), you'll love the smell of this. The list of ingredients is impeccable. This is on my nightstand so when I catch myself scratching in the middle of the night I can just slather some more on. Since it's a diaper cream, it lasts like a barrier cream. But I find for anti-itch effects it needs to be reapplied more frequently. The only reason I took off a lippie is because this is loaded with zinc (which is why it works, but...), which turns skin white and temporarily stains sheets and clothing (it comes out in the wash). I've tried rubbing it in until the cows come home, but it's still white as can be on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by jessiflower_x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my healer. It's my go-to overnight rescue treatment for spots or dry areas. A thin application on problem areas before bed ensures a good clear up of acne and scales by the morning.
I've always used diaper creams as a treatment due to the high percentage of zinc oxide in the ingredients (an alternative for acne if skin doesn't respond well to SA or BP like mine) and for a few years now I've only used non-synthetic products - this ointment marries my two loves together! Full of skin-friendly ingredients (I love the base and essential oils they've used) for an affordable price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by alexplot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

A life saver. I have a life long battle with a psoriasis path on my left foot for my whole life and the first time I tried using this. The peeling improved significantly. Sometimes I still have to apply a treatment oil before applying this ointment but it definitely made a significant improvement on my psoriasis. I feel if I continue using this for a year. The patch will all be a thing of the past!

PS. Don't forget to frequently exfoliate psoriasis patches well before moisturizing!
Scratching aggravates the condition despite the fact that it feels like you are exfoliating the psoriasis area by aggressively scaling off the dead skin layers; It is just NOT the same!

Oh it helped with my mom's rash too when she had it a month ago.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

I use this on my own rash. Works well and does not irritate my eczema skin.
The high zinc oxide helps with rashes. I used to slather Desitin but this is not as harsh.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by allthecolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I have suffered from very bad B.O since I hit puberty...nothing worked, I even went to the doctor's and had them prescribe me clinical strength deodorant's but they didn't work either, tried home made remedies such as rubbing limes and alum under my armpits...still didn't work. I purchased this and haven't looked back since. I have had no B.O since using it! Even after a long workout, I can barely smell a thing. It seems to actually control perspiration as well, so my armpits don't really get wet throughout the day. I can use it on my armpits straight after shaving as well unlike most regular deodorant's which sting. My underarm skin feels softer since using, probably due to all the good natural ingredients in this. A little pricey but well worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i havent used this on myself, but on my son, for his diaper rash. it has a VERY minty-ish smell that's quite strong, so i thought it might be uncomfortable on sensitive areas, but the LO didnt seem to be bothered at all. this works well on the average diaper rash, but when LO developed a really bad one i found that the only thing that really cured it was Butt Paste. as this is a little more expensive that the average diaper creme, i wouldnt rebuy to use it every day, but i like to have it around just in case :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Justina17

My LO had developed a nasty rash from teething, It was the first time ever in 19 months. I usually use Triple paste on her but it wasn't strong enough. This rash lasted over 2 weeks. When I was finally able to get my hands on this ointment the rash was better after one day and gone by the 2nd day. The scent is strong but it's lavendar oil which heals skin. It costs more than the typical diaper creams but a little goes a long way. I won't be her everyday cream but I will keep a tube on hand for emergencies.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by sheLoVic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it is a miracle product!

it works well for acne treatment.i wear it for night cream for fight acne
it works well if you get iritation *because of hair removal product,diaper,any skin care/makeup*
it works well if you get blister

you can wear it for sunscreen and deodorant

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 6:19:00 AM More reviews by nailbunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've read through the reviews of this diaper cream and found that several have had a bad reaction. If you have a bad reaction to beeswax (it clogs my pores) then don't give up on diaper cream altogether. I use Method Baby Diaper Cream and it works great. It has sunflower oil, which is the least comedogenic oil, instead of Almond and Jojoba.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by indelib

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a problem with breakouts from time to time on my face and usually use Balmex, however, I decided to try Burt's Baby Bee Diaper Ointment and got an immediate allergic reaction - don't know which ingredient(s) caused the reaction but will not use it on my face again.