July 23, 2014 | 1942 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Dr Burts Herbal Defense Ointment [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by yorkiemomma

Not sure if it really helped my cut, but was very soothing for skin. Light green colored but blends in well, would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 11:29:00 PM More reviews by amy212

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I completely agree - this cream is great for acne . I have been using zinc baby rash cream fr years on my face but the ones I have been using also contain paraben - this is all natural. It takes away redness so it is great to use after you have fried your skin with other products. It is great on dry spots and oozy spots as well, evening everything out as well. I huge rave, I will never be without!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2006 5:29:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have a sample tube of this white creamy paste, and plan to repurchase when I run out. It has no implied sunscreen or spf, but I use it for that purpose if I'm going to be in the sun a long time. I find it best to apply it to already moisturized skin, and blend it out. It is very concentrated, so a tiny bit goes a long way. Very soothing and healing. I'm going to make sure I always have a tube of this when I travel as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2005 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, this is the thing I rave about on the skincare board. It is the only product that has made my skin clear after 11 years of moderate acne, and it is non-irritating. It is a nasty, thick white paste which I slather all over my face everynight, but it gets rid of cysts, blackheads, everything, and if I use it everynight I have no acne to get rid of!!! This is a totally awesome product for someone who doesn't tolerate BP or strong acids, and while SA is tolerable, it isn't perfect and contributes to oil. However, I am less oily using this nightly. In the morning, I apply a coat of baby oil to my face, massage, then wipe it all off with a tissue (no this will NOT clog your pores, don't worry). After, I just wash w my normal cleanser and I'm ready to go w radiant and clear skin! Totally my HG product. It's also called the Baby Bee Diaper Ointment, so I'll add that too. Here are the ingredients: Zinc oxide, sweet almond oil, beeswax, tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (vitamin E), jojoba oil, lavandin oil, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), extracts of rosemary, lavender, calendula, chamomile, rosebuds & comfrey root. It sells for about $8 for 3.5 ounces, and it can be found at healthfood stores, some groceries and some beauty stores like beauty first. Please try this if you have sensitive skin and zits!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No