Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 6/23/2015 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good cleanser for sensitive skin because it does not foam up. I like the consistency of this cleanser and how it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and stripped. It's also nice that this cleanser has a pump.

on 6/23/2015 9:31:00 AM

Although I like this type of cleanser and Cetaphil does a good job at cleansing, I wouldn't buy it again because I found out that the company tests on animals. I switched to Cerave because it does all the things Cetaphil does but better and they don't test on animals.

on 6/23/2015 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I decided to buy this cleanser because of the hype surrounding it claiming it's really gentle and great for sensitive skin. However, this cleanser dried out my face like crazy! It also led to me getting clogged pores due to my dry surface skin. Probably due to the sls that they use in it.

This cleanser is definitely gentle but maybe a little too gentle. I have been using this cleanser for about 2 1/2 years and at first this was just a really good basic cleanser for my sensitive skin. The only thing about this cleanser is that it does nothing to help acne at all. It is just for basic cleaning that does not over dry the skin. I had to try new cleansers because this cleanser is not bad but it is also not good. The cleanser does not take off makeup and leaves oil on my face. Also the pump on the bottle is always extremely difficult to open and breaks easily. This might be a good cleanser for someone who wants something basic or doesn't wear makeup often. This cleanser is just okay.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this Cleanser yesterday and I used it twice along with persa gel 5. The first time was with persa gel and the second was on its own. I'm a teenager so I know that this works better for younger skin. However I did get a really bad break out from waxing a part of my face and my cheek had a bad break out. This stuff along with the gel drastically reduced the appearance of pimples and smoothed out the area that was broken out. I have the normal to dry version even though I have combination to oily skin. I saw the oily skin version but I thought I just get this one and it didn't do anything to harm my skin thus far. I wanted to write a review though I only had it for a day because I did not expect to see results in less than 24hours. If you have a bad break out or a teenager I would say give this a go. Also I don't think this is strong enough to remove makeup so don't try to use it on its own as a makeup removing Cleanser because I highly doubt it would work

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this product thinking that a gentle cleanser would be ideal for my sensitive, oily skin. This worked well for a while, but my skin started breaking out after a few weeks. I ruled it out to this cleanser, as soon as I switched, my skin cleared up. The cleanser is NOT chemical free which I strongly disliked, and there is fragrance which irritated my skin. What I did like about it was that it worked as a good makeup remover, but I would not use it again as an actual cleanser.

on 6/16/2015 7:44:00 PM

I would heartily recommend this product for anyone who wants a facial cleanser that is strong enough to leave the skin feeling smoother, but gentle enough to not leave redness or dryness. I use this product in combination with St. Ive's apricot facial scrub. I would recommend buying the bottle with the flip cap because it seems to last longer. This is a great product that does it's job while costing next to nothing!

on 6/14/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love Cetaphil.. gentle on my sensitive skin, leaveas skin feeling clean but not 'stripped' have had no breakouts since using this cleanser and it seems to help with the redness in my cheeks. I don't wear make up daily and when I do I remove the make up with a wash cloth before washing with this cleanser. My daughter who is 13 also uses this and it has helped with her breakouts. When we run out and she uses her back up cleanser she notices a difference in her skin and breakouts right away.

on 6/13/2015 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have the one for oily/ combination skin and i use it every morning in the shower, nice in the morning for a gentle clean

on 6/12/2015 4:39:00 PM

I have extremely dry combination skin but I also get acne breakouts. I tried this after hearing so many great reviews and I was pleasantly surprised that it actually worked for me. I like to apply it to my dry face, let it sit for a few minutes and then remove it with a warm wet washcloth. Other times I use it to wash my face after a long day of dirt and grime or sometimes when I feel like having a cute lil spa day instead. Its one of my go to products for sure. The price is decent and the best part about it, is the fact, it does not break my skin out. Yay!!! I definitely recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin that has been unable to find a product that works yet because that person used to be me until now:).