November 22, 2014 | 1400 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by keyshias34

Tried to love this cleanser but it's not for my skin. I really dislike the texture and it feels like its not properly cleaning my face. My skin looked congested and dull after using this, I really don't get the hype with this product, maybe my least favorite cleanser. I can only imagine trying to wash off makeup with this would be a complete fail. I switched right back to my Himalaya Turmeric and Neem face wash which is one of my favorites, it foams and natural ingredients its perfect, and my skin started to look a lot better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by beatleday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this cleanser for 5 or more years and it's been pretty good to my skin. It is very gentle and my face usually doesn't feel dried out at all after washing it and I've battled some dry skin at times with other face washes. It doesn't do the best job cleaning out my pores though, it doesn't feel like a deep enough cleaning after wearing makeup. I recently decided I want to find something better, something just a gentle but deeper cleaning. The main reason for this is because there is sodium laureth sulfate in this product, which is a known skin irritant (even though I don't notice, my skin often does look kind of red and somewhat irritated at times.) I rather stay away from using SLS anywhere on my body. I just wish this product were more natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A really nice, accessible, simple cleanser that is very gentle and works well at cleaning the skin without stripping it or making it feel tight. I mention the accessibility factor because I used to use Paulas Choice products exclusively, but they closed the Australian online store for a little while, while they did refurbishments and then something that became kind of annoying to order became really nearly impossible and frustrating to order from the international site. I am not hating on Paula's Choice cleansers, I'd still use them now that the Australian site is up, but now I'm content with this cleanser doing everything I want and need at an affordable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

A little expensive, but this product helped me when I suffered from mild eczema and needed a mild cleanser on my body :) It's slippery and comes out of the bottle quickly. I don't think this was intended to be a facial cleanser, just a body cleanser for sensitive skin, so don't use it on your face!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by sarahi15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

used it for about a week. irritated my already damaged skin. I was looking fr something gentle and this didnt do it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by guccietro

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this is too slippery for my taste.

As I haven't gotten a good clean of my face.

Very mild gentle cleanser though.

I prefer cleansing foams and salicylic acid cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by tambalina

There are very few products that I stick with for the long haul. I discovered Cetaphil five years ago when my dermatologist recommended after a particularly bad bout of adult acne. This will take off even the most stubborn long-wear foundation when I use the tissue-off method. At night, I dispense two pumps and REALLY work it into my skin. Then, I take 1-2 tissues to wipe off all the makeup. Then, I go back with one pump and use the rinse-off method. In the morning, I use one pump in the shower and rinse off using the spray.

I am in cosmetology school, and our school uses Dermalogica products (which cost an arm and a leg.) I've been using Dermalogica since I've been in school and my skin has never been worse. I went back to my tried and true Cetaphil, and all my blackheads, pustular acne, and hormonal acne has completely disappeared! I will never stray from Cetaphil ever again!

Keep in mind that Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is NOT a foaming cleanser. They have a bar "soap" that foams up if you like the bubbles, but I love the fact that this product only has 8 ingredients. The bar works just as well and is what I use to cleanse my body in the shower.

PROs:
- Gentle on skin
- Takes off long-wearing foundations
- Removes waterproof mascara
- Multiple ways to use this cleanser
- Cost effective
- Offered almost anywhere (Big-box chains, pharmacies, grocery stores, etc.)

CONs:
- Texture is off-putting (It looks like a specific male bodily fluid, if you catch my drift.)
- Does not work like a traditional cleanser

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by esther22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is something I would only recommend if your skin was extremely sensitive. It didn't do much for my skin. The texture and scent just reminded me of a hand soap and not a cleanser. It was difficult to bubble and I was just not impressed with the product overall. However, if you just want a light and sensitive cleanser for everyday, then I definitely do recommend this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by dallygabriel

I have combination skin with rosacea and this is the best cleanser for my skin. It truly is the HG of cleansers for me and I have tried almost every product out there. Although it feels light it is great at removing makeup, dirt and oil from your skin without drying it. I love the pump and it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by LibertyAbrego

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. Hasn't broke me out, or made my acne worse. It helps very much and it is so gentle! I use it every night and some mornings, and it really helps clean my face without over- drying. My face is VERY Acne prone, and breaks out to nearly anything. This however, does not make me break out. :)