December 21, 2014 | 1915 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by archt_marj14

Way too gentle and mild for my combination-oily skin.
I would use this in a pinch if it's the only available facial wash, but I really prefer my washes to be a bit foamy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by abzhang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is incredible. I have gone through multiple bottles of this and would go as far to call this my skin's saving grace.

For reference, I have horridly sensitive skin - when I try new skin products, nine out of ten times I will be left with a strange rubbery feeling on my skin that basically acts as a warning sign (don't use this again! This will mean bad things for your skin!) and I have come to find a skincare routine in which none of the products leave that feeling. One of such products is this wonderful cleanser.

This cleanser has no scent whatsoever and does NOT leave my skin feeling dry - in fact, it leaves my skin feeling soft and supple. That said, I do like to apply moisturiser immediately after I rinse this off and pat my face dry (just in case).

I HIGHLY recommend this, especially to those with sensitive skin who have had trouble finding a cleanser that doesn't make their face feel horrible. I hope it does for you what it does for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always always have a bottle of this on hand. This is super gentle on my skin, I can rub it straight into my eyes and it wouldnt sting haha (huge pet peeve of mine is when a cleanser stings the sh** out of my eyes, who wants to deal with that every night?). Use this with or without water, it will cleanse your face of dirt/oil but still leave it fresh and hydrated.

As another reviewer stated PLEASE DO NOT rate this badly because it didn't remove your makeup. This is NOT a makeup removing cleanser, its a gentle skin cleanser. That is all.

I remove my makeup with a makeup remover before cleansing with cetaphil.

Cetaphil description and directions from bottle and website
"Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is a mild, non-irritating formulation that soothes skin as it cleans. In fact, it's gentle enough for a baby's delicate skin. Designed specifically to work for all skin types, it is a simple, yet highly effective way to care for your skin.
• Our best-seller and fan favorite
• As gentle as it gets — soothes and cleanses, leaving skin smooth and soft
• Mild, soap-free formula cleanses without irritation — it won’t strip skin of its natural protective oils or emollients
• Moisturizes without leaving residue that can clog pores
• Good for special skin needs including those of rosacea-prone skin

Directions for use without water: Apply a liberal amount of cleanser to the skin and rub gently. Remove excess with a soft cloth, leaving a thin film on the skin.

Directions for use with water: Apply cleanser to the skin and rub gently. Rinse. "

***NOTE: Nowhere does it state that its meant for makeup removal.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by nancem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. I rub it on my pimple and the next day the pimple is gone. I will continue to buy this

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by fairplaytoyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product when I was around 13-14 and just starting to get pimples, and it worked really well then, keeping my skin nice and clean and getting rid of them. Now however, it simply doesn't do anything for my skin which has matured, and albeit it is very gentle which is a good thing, but I'd rather spend money on something which wouldn't just moisturise but clear blemishes too (hence I invested in a decleor cleanser, which is awesome!). Therefore I gave it a 3, because it's good for some and not that good for others. Plus it doesn't break me out which I like. This is the sort of cleanser I'd probably use if mine ran out and I didn't have a spare. The packaging is really nice, the pump is great and if you press is lightly a perfect amount comes out. 4 lippies for the price because it's a decent price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by squidsquid1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product; I use it for both my body and face. Since it has a moisturizing quality to it, I love how my skin feels afterwards.

As far as removing makeup at night, it's great for me as I do not wear a whole lot. But for those needing an AM facial cleanser (assuming makeup is already removed), this will do the trick.

This 'no frills' cleanser is also gentle, and without any offensive odors. I have sensitive skin so it's perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by ayoocynthiagee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

bought a mini one and it doesnt irrtate my sensitive, acne prone skin (im oily too lol) and removes my makeup without over drying my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually do like this makes your skin feel soft

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by karenzxc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got recommended this by a dermatologist ten years ago and proceeded to use it for the next eight years. In that time I had constant acne, even after using roaccutane. I gave up using this product and my skin has never been clearer. I don't think it is cleansing enough to get rid of excess sebum and dead skin cells on which bacteria breed.

The smell is off putting but since its supposed to be good for sensitive skin I could live with that however looking at the ingredients there is nothing natural about this product. The only reason I used it for so long was I put a doctor on the spot by asking, who knows what other specialists would recommend...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by alioo3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh. A mild cleanser that didn't do anything for my pores. I like the pump dispenser and that you can 'lock' it shut but next time I would go for something a bit more effective for my face. Would probably be good for people who have severe breakouts and need something gentle.