September 20, 2014 | 1536 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by e1e

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is a popular cleanser recommended by doctors, but this stuff burns my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by janes05

I LOVE this cleanser! I have extremely sensitive acne prone skin but this does not irritate it at all. I had no blemishes for 6 months straight, went away for the weekend without it and came back with a face full of pimples! Only downside is the packaging, should be available in a tube for travelling.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by fsmeath

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin that sensitive to cleansers, yet if I leave this in for more than a second or two, it starts to burn. Very odd.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by formika8476

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty good as a morning or post-workout cleanser, when you're not wearing makeup but need a bit more than water. It is fairly gentle--I have extremely sensitive, clog-prone skin and I haven't suffered any irritation from this in the 20-odd years I've used this, off and on.

I've noticed this does seem to work best on dry skin. I'm not a wipe-off kind of girl, but rinsing seems to work fine. It does leave behind a film so your skin doesn't feel crispy afterwards, but I haven't had clogging issues from this except when I tried to wash off make up with it. As others have noted, it is not a make-up remover. I usually massage this into a dry face (and sometimes neck and chest) before I get in the shower. Bottom line, it's something I always seem to have around, but I wouldn't cry if it were discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by mommadukes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Cetaphil and Cetaphil only for 20 years. It is gentle on the skin and does not leave a film. Your skin just feels clean. Like it is supposed to. I also mix this with baking soda once a week for a cheap scrub. Would never be without this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by kcam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This used to be my go to cleanser! It didn't break me out or make me oily, but it did make my skin feel a little dry sometimes but I overlooked it since I got more benefits out of it. However, I read an article about how bad this cleanser really is for your skin since it is made up of all parabens--currently looking for a new everyday cleanser that is paraben free.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by huttoncg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've got pretty severe acne so the big benefit to this product is that it doesn't irritate my skin. It doesn't remove makeup well though, so I end up washing my face 2-3 times and still feel like I've still got makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this since the 1970s! My dermo recommended this as a moisturizer for my eczema that wouldn't exacerbate acne or irritate my super sensitive skin. (I outgrew my eczema but have had a lifelong struggle with acne and reactive, allergenic skin. So unfair to have zits at 50 esp when insurance refuses to cover retinoids but will pay for Solodyn and other antibiotics. Rant over. Cetaphil will not remove your makeup. It is a basic, no frills, cleanser I have used on infants and as a sponge bath aid for in-home hospice care (sorry for that downer) and ages in between. I apply to dry skin, add water and massage gently. It rinsed cleanly or you can take it off with a damp washcloth or tissue. I rarely use the cleanser as a moisturizer now that they have other products but I should experiment. It now comes in the huge 2-pack at Costco. I constantly try new products, but come back to trusty Cetaphil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by ding6556

I love this stuff. I have got very acne prone skin and found this to be absolutly perfect withouir irritations. The price is a bit expensive but it lasts for ages! I like to some Bee Polish of iherb (exfoliant) it makes my skin so polished and scrubs away the dead skin without irritation. Love this. definatly my Holy Grail of clensers and will use it for years to come!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by BumbleBees77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this cleanser on the days that I only wear sunscreen or minimal makeup. It's very gentle and I've had good luck with it. I use this in conjunction with the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream in the jar. I have dry skin and this is one of the only cleansers I've found that doesn't leave my face feeling tight and uncomfortable.