October 24, 2014 | 1597 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by dallygabriel

I have combination skin with rosacea and this is the best cleanser for my skin. It truly is the HG of cleansers for me and I have tried almost every product out there. Although it feels light it is great at removing makeup, dirt and oil from your skin without drying it. I love the pump and it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by LibertyAbrego

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. Hasn't broke me out, or made my acne worse. It helps very much and it is so gentle! I use it every night and some mornings, and it really helps clean my face without over- drying. My face is VERY Acne prone, and breaks out to nearly anything. This however, does not make me break out. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I heard good things about this for years and finally decided to give it a try. I was not impressed. I had to wash my face two to three times to get all my make up off with this. I really prefer the philosophy purity made simple cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Multipassleeloo

My dermatologist recommended this cleanser and I'm glad I followed the advice. I have dry, sensitive skin (swelling can occur) and I'm acne-prone but this cleanser has done nothing to irritate my skin. It has stopped most pimples (I'm down to occasionally having a breakout of around 3) and I no longer have scars lasting 3-5 months (1 month top). Really recommend this to people with sensitive and acne-prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by HannahSunn

I really do not like this stuff. I doesn't feel like it does anything for my skin! It barely even cleans it. This product is just an absolute NO.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by alexiseptember

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry to normal, very sensitive skin. This stuff cleanses without leaving me feeling tight or itchy. I feel my skin is glowy-er, and notice it feels softer. I very rarely get any acne now, and attribute it all to my healthy lifestyle and use of Cetaphil products.

I have eczema, and this is also the only thing I can use on my body when I get a flare up.

That aside, a few words of advice:
1. Don't expect suds or fragrance. Not only are those irritating, but this is a serious no-frills product. Don't hold your breath waiting for fireworks or anything, it's a cleanser, and nothing more.
2. It does NOT remove makeup. But your cleanser isn't MEANT to remove makeup. That's what makeup remover is for!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by dftns107

This and purity by philosophy are the only 2 facewashes i can use that dont break me out after using. This is super gentle and doesnt foam up but i dont mind that. I have combination skin and this cleanses my skin no more no less.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cetaphil is a product of very clever marketing. I mean, a basic cleanser that has SLS and all possible parabens AND propylene glycol to boot, gets such rave reviews and advertising - dermatologist recommended etc!

I used the trial version of this cleanser (which was also very expensive btw). First few washes, the skin felt very good - tight and clean. However, after a few days, I noticed some blemishes and general dulling of the skin. It did not glow like before and there were several small bumps on my face around the eyes and mouth. Evidently, I am allergic to some ingredient in this cleanser and I am not surprised - given that it has so many bad ingredients!

It is an awful and super-pricey product - period!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

While I can't say that I hate this product, I can't say that I like it in the slightest either. It is a very gentle, soft cleanser that would perhaps work for someone that has normal skin, or pretty normal sensitive skin; but as someone who has combo, acne prone skin I just didn't feel like this did anything other than foam up on my face and leave it feeling somewhat dry. It doesn't seem to actually clean my face at all, particularly when I'm in the middle of a break out or even close to breaking out.

Honestly, I ended up using this as a brush cleaner whenever I run out of the stuff I usual brush cleaner I normally buy and I'm not going to Target anytime soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by socharming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I first tried this many, many years ago after receiving a travel size sample from my dermatologist.

It wasn't effective as a skin cleanser for my oily/combo skin, but I loved it as an eye makeup remover. It's gentle and free of fragrance and colorants.

I use a quarter-sized amount and gently slide it over my eye area (NO RUBBING) for a few seconds. Because this product is gel-like and has a lot of slip to it, it easily mixes with eye makeup (including regular mascara) and just melts it away. Then I gently wipe it off with a tissue or cotton round and wash my face with a foaming cleanser.

It doesn't work so great on waterproof eyeliners, so for that I use a cotton swab dipped in sweet almond oil (any oil should do the trick) before using Cetaphil.

A 16 oz pump bottle lasts me about 2 years this way. I have also tried the CVS generic version, which is the only one so far I have found that is very similar in consistency and has the identical ingredients. The Target version is nothing like the Cetaphil and is way too liquid.