Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 4/25/2015 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is my love. I have an oily skin but this product works like magic to me! It cleanse, moisturizes my skin and softens it really well! This product also helped me with my mild acne. Love it!

on 4/24/2015 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product was gentle, but the consistency is just nasty, and it didn't feel like a good cleanser. Very runny product

on 4/20/2015 5:22:00 PM

the only thing i like about this is the packaging because it comes in a pump.
otherwise, it doesn't lather, and it absolutely doesn't remove makeup so it's best for those who..don't use makeup! simple as that! plus, for combo skin, it just doesn't clean enough, so blackheads and oilness....just got worse for me. nope! plain hot water cleans better than this.

on 4/13/2015 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am completely in love with this product and after using it for almost 6 years, I am finally getting around to writing a review of it. I have true combination skin: dry on my cheekbones and oily in my T-zone. I run (both inside and outside), so I'm either sweating a lot (if I'm inside) or I'm sweating a lot and wearing sunscreen (if I'm outside). No matter which one, I still worry about all the sweat and gunk collecting in my pores. If I'm not running, I have on my makeup and I can be honest and say that I do the whole mattifier/primer/concealer/base/powder type deal, so there's a lot of makeup to get off my face at the end of the day.
So, about 6 years ago, I went to my dermatologist and complained about my skin. She is a runner as well and she said that she would recommend the Cetaphil face wash for my whole face along with the moisturizer for my dry areas only. Once I started using it, my skin improved and I found that I was washing out more gunk than I had been originally.
I love the feel of the product. It's smooth and silky without being too heavy. For me, it's easiest to use my baby wipes to get 99% of my makeup off, then I take the Cetaphil and put it on my face dry (I don't add water until I'm ready to rinse). I gently massage my face and work it in to get rid of all the nasty gunk. Once I'm done with that, I take a baby washcloth, run it under some lukewarm water, then I gently wipe the Cetaphil off my face. Once it's all wiped off, I rinse my face again, follow up with some lemon water astringent, and then finish with the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion.
Doing this has greatly improved my skin tone, I don't get breakouts from the sunscreen as easily, and I find that I don't get as windchapped in my dry areas during my winter runs.
The only problem I have is that I have the Cetaphil with the pump. I think it puts out too much product if I'm not careful. Other than that, this is definitely my HG of facial cleansers.

on 4/9/2015 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

A must-have for me, keeps my eczema skin gently cleaned. Use it several times a day on face & body. Love it.

on 4/5/2015 4:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have eczema and my husband has roseacea, and this is the only product we both use on a daily basis. I usually keep a tiny cup of baking soda in the shower and mix a small amount with the Cetaphil prior to placing it on my face and it acts as a cleanser and exfoliant in one. My husband just uses this alone.

This product does not work as a makeup remover for me, and I use Ponds cold cream and Neutrogena make up remover wipes to get my waterproof eye makeup off before I go to bed at night, so I use this in the morning for my shower.

This is great as an everyday gentle cleanser meant for those with skin problems. I still follow up with a toner and moisturiser. I've bought expensive brand name skin cleanser and still come back to this one.

I actually came on here to give a shout-out to a much BETTER but very SIMILAR product. I hate Sodium LAURYL Sulfate. I won't use anything with it anymore. Haven't for years. If I did I would usually end up getting perioral dermatitis. I won't even use shampoo or toothpaste with it. However, my skin is fine with low amounts of sodium LAURETH sulfate. WELL, at DOLLAR GENEREAL they have a DUPE for this product. But instead of LAURYL sulfate it was LAURETH. It's still gentle, still NON FOAMING. and I LOOOOVE it and hope they never stop making it!!!!!!!!!! it's the DG brand (dollar general brand/generic) it's so much CHEAPER and it works great! I have super sensitive skin and this has been saving it!!!!!!!! Great for using in the morning but ALSO I use larger cotton rounds at night and use a generous amount and it TAKES OFF MY MAKEUP! which cetaphil NEVER DID. Sorry/not sorry for all the caps but I'm not beauty blogger or anything like that but I still want to get the message out about this product. Telling my family and friends already :D Try it out!

on 4/5/2015 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wow I had so much high expectations for this. So many celebs and beauty editors endorse this.... This is not for people with combination skin. This cleanser did not feel like a cleanser at all. I didn't feel like it cleansed my skin and it left a weird film on my skin. I know it's suppose to be "gentle," but there was nothing cleansing about this cleanser. Did I mention I didn't feel clean after using this? Lol

on 4/3/2015 12:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I was suffering from acne well into my early 20s and after doing research to clear it up, I found out two things: 1) I'm lactose sensitive and 2) I needed a non-foaming cleanser. The reason (especially if you're acne prone) for avoiding foaming cleanser is because in most cases (99%), surfactant is used to create the foam. Surfactants are terrible for the skin; they are stripping, drying and super irritating. It can create an over-active sebum (oily skin) while still dehydrating the skin.

Cetaphil was my first non-foaming cleanser to use and it was really great at first, it didn't aggravate or spread the existing acne. Although it takes a while for spots to completely heal, my face was very clean looking and clearing up nicely. I did, however, develop milia (little, hard, white bumps - not pimples; mini cysts). Once I realized the cleanser might be the culprit I stopped using it and my milia cleared up.

I've learned that people are usually an either-or when it comes to Cetaphil and CeraVe. I just fall into the latter category. But all-in-all it's a great cheap cleanser, if you want to give it a try I suggest going to Ulta, they have a pretty good return policy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff, I have very oily skin so I need a good cleanser that helps remove it without being so harsh that my skin creates loads more. This does that, I use it every night before bed(I usually don't use night cream, only occasionally) and wake up with no new break outs and not very oily skin(depending on how clean my pillow is)