January 25, 2015 | 1959 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2015 8:13:00 PM More reviews by debssx3

Didnt like this product. I felt like it wasnt cleaning my face enough. Too gentle, I guess. It just didnt do anything for my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2015 11:51:00 AM More reviews by annacaccia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm using this product for 2 months now. I have the BIG bottle so there's still a lot of product in it!
I gave an overall 3 lipsticks note because i think this is an "mmm ok" product: nothing special, nothing bad.
I use it just on my face in the morning and in the evening after i take my makeup off, just to wash out any make up remover residue.

It doesn't burn at all, it's really gentle and doesn't have any scent.
Well, it doesnt have any scent to the point it has, i dunno if it's clear.

When i'll run out I might repurchase, but I think i'll try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2015 8:05:00 PM More reviews by mimipls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I JUST finished my first bottle of this cleanser and I really liked it. It is SO gentle! It doesn't have a scent which is great too. This cleanser will NOT remove all of your make up! It says on the back of the bottle that it will 'only remove LIGHT make up'. However, I do find it gentle enough to apply to a cotton round and remove my eye make up if it doesn't completely come off with my Bioderma (which is rare).

I apply this quite liberally to my face in the shower, and sometimes down my neck. I then use my Clarisonic Mia 2 and place a little bit more on the brush head. This cleanser will not foam, meaning it shouldn't dry out your skin. I have rather clear skin (not acne prone), the occasional pimple here and there but not often. I've had allergic reactions to other cleansers and this so far has been the most gentle.

Without the Clarisonic I sometimes feel it doesn't make my skin feel SUPER clean, but perhaps that's a good thing for keeping the pH balance?

I would also recommend this to people with acne that have been using harsh cleansers or scrubs. It's common that people with acne prone skin are using too harsh cleansers and need something more gentle to soothe their skin.

I'm currently using a La Roche Posay cleanser which is pretty gentle but expensive compared to the price of this (and it's also a make up removing cleanser).

Overall, I would definitely recommend trying this cleanser, even if you just pick up a little bottle. I'm sure you can also use it on your body if you didn't like it on your face :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Neema

I love this product! This has been my HG cleanser for over 10 years. My mom always bought it so I grew up using this and I still use this at 24 years old! This cleanser leaves your skin soft without stripping it at all and it gently cleanses.

I use this by first wetting a washcloth and then squirting cetephil on it and then gently rubbing the cleanser over my face with the damp wash cloth. This method cleans my face extremely well. Im also acne prone and this doesnt irrate my skin at all.

Also, I would just like to add that people should stop giving this bad ratings for not removing makeup and not clearing acne. This product is a GENTLE SKIN cleanser it is not marketed to remove makeup or to clear acne so that is your fault for buying the wrong product. If you wear a ton of makeup, you MUST use a makeup remover BEFORE using this cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2015 3:31:00 PM More reviews by lao

this product somehow managed to dry my skin, but not actually clean it. top layer of my skin was dry and flaky, but underneath was oily, causing blackheads. had to go through three bottles to figure this out. throwing out now.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2015 1:02:00 AM More reviews by amrinxox

doesn't remove make up that well, did nothing for my acne, it only helped control some oil on my t zone

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2015 2:51:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bleah. Disgusting! Irritated my skin and made it dry! I don't get the hype! It happened the same with Cerave cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by kiki56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used about 2 huge bottles of this, the big ones you can get at costco. I don't really like it. I was looking for a very basic, simple cleanser when I ran across this. It didn't do much for my skin, in fact it dried it out. My skin is oily and acne prone, so It isn't normally dried out easily. On top of that, it contains sodium lauryl sulfate which I am trying to avoid using. I gave it two lippies for the price for the quantity, and since it really does "clean" your skin.

I would not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This didn't help in my late teens when my skin was oily, but ten years later, my skin is drier, stretchier, and continues to be plagued by painful acne - and Cetaphil now works well for it. Foaming cleansers dry out my skin so much that I am literally left in pain. I still have to follow up Cetaphil with a moisturiser post-haste, but it's markedly better than other cleansers. It doesn't work wonders on my acne but doesn't worsen it.

It is not a makeup remover so can't be judged by the parameters of one. Use a separate remover and then finish up with this, and you're all good.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by makeup04

I like this product. I use it sometimes when I am at my grandmother's house. I don't really like how it fells. But I do like how it feel's when you are done washing your face. It fells clean and really soft.