September 30, 2014 | 1784 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by zaakyah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I ran out of facial cleanser so I decided to get a new one. After 2 days of researching, I found that Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser has a good reputation so i purchased a bottle.

It's a little pricey in my country for a drugstore cleanser but something I was willing to invest in. At first, I wasn't sure how much I should use so I squeezed a small amount, the size of a small coin, on my palm and apply it on my face. Since it doesn't lather, I wasn't sure if I was using enough. Despite so, I didn't add anymore of the product.

After I got out of the shower, my face feels dry and stretched. I have dry skin to begin with so I wasn't surprised. Upon looking at the mirror, I noticed slight flaking. I've had worst flaking with another product I used before the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. A few hours later, my T-zone gets slightly oily but wasnt as oily before I used this product.

Therefore, it isn't really moisturizing as it claims to be. I would probably pair this with either the Cetaphil DailyAdvance lotion or Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 50+ in the near future.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I know this is marketed as THEEEE best cleanser for dry/sensitive skin, but it makes my face a dry, itchy mess. While not one of the first ingredients listed, this cleanser does contain sodium lauryl sulfate. If you're sensitive to sulfates steer clear of this one. On the plus side, it supposedly contains no fragrance (which I'm also sensitive to) but Cetaphil definitely has a distinct "clean" smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by owensrl77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has completely changed my view on skin care. I was used to using cleansers that dried my skin out, but I thought it was just that "clean" feeling. I now realize it was just dry, tight skin. When I first started using this product, I did not like it. After a few weeks of using it, I loved it! Ever since I've started using this product, I rarely have break outs or pimples. I do have pretty good skin to begin with, but did see the occasional pimple and break out. This leaves my skin feeling soft, supple, and moisturized. It doesn't leave u with that dry, tight feeling. I first wet my face and hands and then pump 2-3 squirts of cleaner in my hand. I then massage the cleanser into my skin and rinse off. I always let my skin air dry. This product is very gentle, yet effective. It is the only thing that will completely take off my mascara and fake lashes. I will never go to another facial cleanser!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

This just was not a good match for my skin.
I tried both the regular and the one for oily skin.
Neither worked.
My skin hated these cleansers. I broke out like crazy and my skin produced more oil.
They did not clean very well at all!
As a matter of fact I have better cleaning results from lotion and a tissue.

The good news... if this does work for your skin then a bottle will last forever!
It seemed like I would never be done with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by e1e

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is a popular cleanser recommended by doctors, but this stuff burns my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by janes05

I LOVE this cleanser! I have extremely sensitive acne prone skin but this does not irritate it at all. I had no blemishes for 6 months straight, went away for the weekend without it and came back with a face full of pimples! Only downside is the packaging, should be available in a tube for travelling.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by fsmeath

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

My skin isn't very sensitive to cleansers, yet if I leave this in for more than a second or two, it starts to burn. Very odd.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by formika8476

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty good as a morning or post-workout cleanser, when you're not wearing makeup but need a bit more than water. It is fairly gentle--I have extremely sensitive, clog-prone skin and I haven't suffered any irritation from this in the 20-odd years I've used this, off and on.

I've noticed this does seem to work best on dry skin. I'm not a wipe-off kind of girl, but rinsing seems to work fine. It does leave behind a film so your skin doesn't feel crispy afterwards, but I haven't had clogging issues from this except when I tried to wash off make up with it. As others have noted, it is not a make-up remover. I usually massage this into a dry face (and sometimes neck and chest) before I get in the shower. Bottom line, it's something I always seem to have around, but I wouldn't cry if it were discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by mommadukes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Cetaphil and Cetaphil only for 20 years. It is gentle on the skin and does not leave a film. Your skin just feels clean. Like it is supposed to. I also mix this with baking soda once a week for a cheap scrub. Would never be without this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by kcam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This used to be my go to cleanser! It didn't break me out or make me oily, but it did make my skin feel a little dry sometimes but I overlooked it since I got more benefits out of it. However, I read an article about how bad this cleanser really is for your skin since it is made up of all parabens--currently looking for a new everyday cleanser that is paraben free.