October 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Other - LUSH - Black Tooth Gel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

its true, if its not minty, you dont feel clean. This had an interesting taste which I cant place quite yet. The texture is more of a jelly than a paste. My mouth felt clean, but not as refreshed as when I used say Colgate or whatever.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2008 11:32:00 AM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

Like everyone else here, i was surprised at the size and flavour. It did nothing for me at all. OK, the idea seems cool enough but it just didn't refresh my mouth and the texture was a bit odd. Yes, i know its a gel but mine was kind of lumpy and difficult to move around my mouth. Strange. I wouldn't mind paying more for something that actually works but this, to my mind was useless.
Anyway, i don't think i'll repurchase either.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2006 12:09:00 PM More reviews by cuddly_penguin

It's like $5 for a TEENY TINY amount - less than you get in a typical "travel sized" toothpaste. I agree with others that it's a novelty more than anything else. It is kinda cool to have a black jelly, with almost a tea (?) flavour. I think it does "scrub" teeth quite well. My mouth feels cleaner than normal after I use it.
However, any of these "sorta cool" attributes do NOT save this product. The price is RIDICULOUS. What a huge rip-off. I'm disappointed that Lush would try to pull one over on us. Yeah, kinda cool...but if it cost, say, a dollar or less. For the price? Ugh. Crazy. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2006 9:55:00 PM More reviews by shoegal5683

I was shocked by the tiny size of this! I really like the taste and my teeth feel smooth after I use this but not really clean... I guess I need the mintyness to feel totally clean. I am not sure if this tooth gel would do anything for breath. I can see using this midday maybe or when you don't want to smell antiseptic. I certainly did not love this tooth gel but I didn't completely hate it either. I do not think I will ever buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2006 9:09:00 PM More reviews by RS3159

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all, the size of this toothpaste is smaller than the travel size toothpaste you can buy in the drugstore! For the price, you get a very small amount of toothpaste. Second of all, it cleans like any other toothpaste, but it does not leave that minty "just brushed" feeling like other toothpastes. Needless to say, it is not worth the money and I will not repurchase this. The only reason I did was because I was curious about a black toothpaste! Save your money!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2006 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Ariella4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like it, but this really is an expensive, novelty toothpaste. the taste was strange, and my mouth just did not feel clean afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2006 10:59:00 PM More reviews by triangleX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i'm almost on the fence with this one. it's a neat idea and really fun to use, but it seems like almost a novelty rather than a real toothpaste. i find myself using this in the middle of the day for a light cleaning rather than at night and in the morning. without the mint, my mouth just doesn't feel clean. the jelly consistancy feels nice in my mouth and the black color is neat to swish around. also, it tastes nice...like a bright tea flavor. but...my teeth just don't feel minty fresh and squeaky clean like they should. so why am i on the fence then? b/c this is just fun. the size is too small for the price though in IMHO. if they made the packaging larger then it would be completely worth the price and i would buy it again for my midday teeth brushing. but overall, i guess i'm disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2005 8:25:00 PM More reviews by FireKittenEMT

Much to my disappointment, I do not think it works. First of all, the tube is VERY small but even though I feel the need to use it sparingly, I have to use a lot because it doesn't seem to cover the area that my regular toothpaste does. Also, it does not feel like it is cleaning my teeth or my mouth at all. I prefer a toothpaste that lathers, and this doesn't do that. The gel consistency just dissolves once I try to brush. I am returning this tube to the store!