C.O. Bigelow Ultra Mentha Lip Shine

4.7

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My daughter got me hooked on this lip gloss, this is one of the only 2 brands that I'll use. I love the way it makes my lips tingle a Lil bit, it taste good, smells good, looks good, feels good. Another product great for kissing lol. I also wear it over night to keep my lips soft all the time lol

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Purchased these because of all the awesome reviews, people seem to go nuts for this stuff! However, I found that it wasn't as spectacular as people assume it to be. I think I picked this up for like $8.50?? Seems too high for a single lipgloss. This had a really gooey consistency, and smelled like peppermints, which I don't mind. When I squeezed it out to apply to the lips, wayyy too much product came out, and was everywhere. It felt odd on my lips, like thick and tasted sweet, and only lasted maybe like an hour then sunk into my lips.

In closing, I wouldn't repurchase, and quite frankly, I feel like this could use a total reformulation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I did get a compliment on this from someone who wanted to know what color lipgloss I had on! I find this a little strong & artificial. It sort of feels like buxom lipglosses which I like & is why I bought this but it's just too strong. I did not expect it to be quite this minty. I did not see the original Mentha on the website when I ordered but I ordered one of the tinted Mentha lipglosses at same time I got this, which is just as minty as this. It is refreshingly tingly but I would not order again. I like the bigelow lemon lipbalm much better! This almost burns my lips. They were BOGO2-1. It kind of makes my eyes water when I first put it on. It does do a good job of moisturizing my lips so I will keep using it for that fact alone. But I like it just don't love it. It is unique...and the tube is large. I think this will be great in the wintertime for chapped lips but in the summer it would feel good on sunburnt lips too. I prefer something more like VS Beauty Rush glosses.

I loved the regular mint gloss so I had to try the ultra. I LOVE MINT. BUT this was sooo overboard mint it gave me a headache..

on 2/17/2014 12:49:00 AM

I keep one of these in my desk at work, in my purse, car, and basically everywhere I go. If I were stranded on an island, this is the one thing I would like to have with me. Not only does it make my lips look super glossy, but it feels good and tastes and smells great as well. I apply this over ANY lipstick to give it a more glossy look. One thing to watch: It is quite sticky, so don't apply before driving around town with your windows down!!!

on 12/14/2013 11:43:00 PM

Feels incredibly cool and tingly on your lips! LOVE this lip gloss so much that I always keep one in my purse at all times. Adds shine and shimmer and is also moisturizing! Holy Grail lip gloss if i've ever seen one!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I freaking love this gloss! It doesn't crust up and isn't sticky or slimy. It smells and tastes absolutely delicious (yes, i've actually tried it- the smell was so tempting tho). I really love wearing this in windy and really chilly weather because the cold burrning feeling is so refreshing and AMAZING. 100% RECOMMENDED

on 10/14/2013 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is my HG lip gloss of all time! As soon as I applied it to my lips I have never stopped buying it. It leaves my lips moisturized and shiny. It's never too sticky and I can apply on as much I want without that glossy caked up feeling. My boyfriend loves the taste of it and it drives him crazy to kiss me without complaining of a slimey feeling. I will continue to buy this product and the price doesn't bother me.

on 7/7/2013 2:40:00 AM

ok so when I saw these at bath and body works I was very intrigued. I purchased it as well as two other lip glosses in a 3 for $10 deal. Once I got home and tried it i was IN LOVE. I am not a lip product person. In fact i HATE buying lip products as I feel it is a waste of money and I get so many around the holidays in value sets I can fill a whole drawer at the end of the season. When I tried this though right after when they went on sale I bought 8 for 15 dollars which is an amazing deal considering they are usually 7.50 each. The minty feel isn't just a taste the Mentha/menthol or whatever you want to call it just fills your sinuses with the minty vapour which I love. It helps a lot when I have a cold i just run this over my lips and helps my sinuses. It is great, not too sticky, good not over done but just right in the shine department, and the mentha is amazing. I definatley reccomend trying the ither mentha shines out I know they go on sale too. Last week at BBW i got four 2x ultra mentha, I cant remember all of the names it was I believe vanillamentha cinnamentha spearamentha and the regular mentha for 2.50 in a kit I was soo excited to see the deal. Definately try it out :-)

on 6/19/2013 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm on my second tube already and I think that this product is an amazing thing to have around. It soothes my lips and really freshens up my breath a bit. Will repurchas for sure!

Popular Lip Glosses