November 28, 2014 | 1593 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Brazil Nut

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is my second favorite ONLY to Shea from the body butters. It's a rich and warm scent that just makes me feel very comfortable and cozy. Very rich and thick and moisturizes for 24 hours. It's no joke.

Well worth the price tag for this cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by prosticute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the smell of the Brazil Nut, it's my favorite of all the body butters! It has such a warm scent to it, I'm waiting for winter to use it because it just seems like a good warm, rich smell that seems appropriate for cold winter months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's my HG for now as I love to slather this all over my body before I go to bed.

The texture is nice, creamy & I feel like a little can go a long way especially on my legs & arms.

The smell is delightful at first but the more I put on my body, the more I get nauseous by the smell. It becomes overwhelming for me so I either work fast or just skip certain body parts to avoid the smell becoming too unbearable.

Not a very intense body butter, somewhat lightweight which isn't really good for my dry legs which require a much more intense moisturizer but does last long on my arms.

It leaves my skin feeling smooth & soft so I will definitely be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by AthenaNYC23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of The Body Shop products, so it's usually my go-to place when I run out of any body skincare-related products. Plus I think the price is okay for what they offer. I really wanted a soothing, moisturizing body butter for the cold winter months, when my skin gets quite dry, especially on my legs, that would feel lush and rich. This was close but not perfect. (I found the L'occitane almond milk concentrate to be closer to what I needed.)

I guess it does the job, the scent is nice and not overpowering, I actually wouldn't mind if it were stronger. The thing that I liked the least about is that when the weather is really cold it becomes stiff and doesn't apply as smooth and creamy as I would want it to. It's actually a bit weird, because my best friend bought the exact same one and hers was much creamier and smoother. When I warm it up a little it's fine.

Overall I am quite pleased, I can't say that the faults of this product outweigh the pros. At some point I might buy it again but I can't say that I definitely will when I run out. I like to try different things which means I will make sure to re-purchase something only if it is holy grail material.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by kellymai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

first let me say the original brazil nut body butter was fabulous! however, the product has been repackaged and changed not for the better :( it no longer has the luxurious smooth texture of the original. it no longer has the amazing scent it once had . i loved the fragrance it used to have, and looked forward to it every day. I have been pretty much addicted to my brazil nut body butter for years. my disappointment now is that it smells likes synthetic rubber, it created a horrible migraine similar to those of cheap perfumey similar lotions, and it resulted in a skin reaction. so i was very disappointed. the new brazil nut body butter is nothing like its predecessor.
I have attempted twice to put my review up on my body shop profile (reviews ) and it has been denied both times. so I figure enough of that nonsense. I am entitled to post my opinion of a product that once I could not live without and looked forward to using every day and now I have to return 3 containers to the store of this imposter guk. and I have no idea what will replace it. :( the grapefruit is still fine but I only use that occasionally in spring and summer because where I live it is colder climate so I rely on the comfort the warmth of the old yummy product brought me...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells great, moisturises really well, wont overpower your perfume, one of the best body butters tbs produces in my opinion! This is my second fave after almond

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells sooooo yummy but not in an overpowering way. It is light and just right. The Body Shop body butters are always hydrating. I will definitely repurchase. It's a bit pricey but The Body Shop does have sales so it's not that bad. Only con is the packing. I prefer dispensing bottles rather than tubs but that won't stop be from repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by angelaccpan

It's really greasy, makes my skin feel oily when I wake up in the morning. The smell is just ok.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by NikkiatMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with the previous reviewer. The smell of the new formula is nothing compared to the mouth watering scent it had years ago. The new one is paraben free, but it smells like musky tobacco instead of a warm sweet vanilla - nutty scent. I will not purchase this item anymore. I like that the body shop is going paraben free, but it's too bad that the new formulas are inferior to the originals.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by delawrence

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

very disappointed by reformulated Brazil Nut Body Butter - it has an 'off' smell - still have one of the old ones left (I stocked up because I liked it so much!) - and the new one just does not compare.

Body Shop seems doomed - constant sales offered (email spam!) - and tweaking their products - I feel sorry for the employees - but also annoyed that they messed up a good product.