September 20, 2014 | 985 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Avon - Visual Perfection Tint Releasing Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by LucyBlack

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have really fair skin but this works for me. I use it before I put on my foundation and it actually works as a really great primer. You do really have to work it into the skin as it does go orange if you don't. It offers almost no coverage though but I wasn't looking for that

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I took off two points, because the new version is less pigmented and seems a bit more orange than the previous one.

Anyway, here's my original review:

I'm not reviewing this as an overall tinted moisturizer, because it's too shiny for that and doesn't look good on fairer skintones.

However, this stuff deserves a five from me, because I absolutely love using it as a bronzer on my cheeks and sometimes temples, bridge of the nose and chin.
Why?

- It's both tinted AND lightly illuminating, which creates an amazingly healthy look.
- It can be built up.
- It has rosy red, not orange undertones, which makes it look very, very authentic, a true sun-kissed cheek.
- It goes nicely over your foundation and stays put.
- When you only use it this way, one tube lasts ages. (If it does, keep it in the fridge and watch out for changes in the formula, but mine doesn't seem spoiled at all.)

Quick tip: Put a bit on the back of your hand, pick it up with the tips of the bristles on your blush brush, thin it out a little and apply to your cheeks. Repeat if necessary.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by TeaMonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This seems like a great concept, but unfortunately doesn't work for very fair skin tones.
It goes on like a regular moisturizer, a little bit too moisturizing for my T-zone. However, after a few minutes, it turned orange and mask-like on me. I was amused how the orange enhanced my eye color, but... no. This is just not wearable on my almost pasty white skin. Won't repurchase.
However, I imagine it would impart a beautiful glow on darker, warm, golden, olive or neutral toned skin and perform okay on less oily skin. Worth trying.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by kribil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My Mom is Avon Lady and she has used it for quite some time. It looks incredible on her! It gives you that special glow.
But unfortunately the one tone is not universal. I have a very pale skin and this looked like a mask on me. :( The tone is too dark for porcelain skin.
But I would recommend it especially for women who already have some wrinkles, because it does not look unnatural like most of foundations on a bit older skin and all fine lines disappear. And that glow, that glow!
I like the package because tube is economic and hygienic.
Ps! My Mom (age 54) has light skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by shopgirl7

This is nice to even out skin tone, but it BURNS if it gets into your eyes! I use this in the summer when I want to use a light moisturizer, and no foundation. It adds just enough color to even out my skin. Just don't get it in your eyes!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2006 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Babara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a good moisturizer but falls short in the part of "visual perfection". It does not even out the tones of my face. But as I said it's good moisturizer that does not cause breakouts or bad reactions.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2006 2:09:00 AM More reviews by astric

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

During the summer this replaces both my facial moisturizer and foundation (..and sunblock, if I wore that during fall/winter/spring). It was $12 from Avon, but at the time it was buy 1 get 1 free. So $6, not too bad, eh?
It comes out of the tube as white (the moisturizer) with little brown dots(the 'tint'). Be sure to rub it in all the way to avoid brown streaks! It gives me a nice tan look -- I am rather pale so I can only pull this off during the summer :)
I usually put powder on afterwards to avoid shine. I dont know if the shine is caused by the moisturizer or just because its summer. Nothing a little powder can't prevent tho.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2006 11:28:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately all this did was make my face shiny and blotchy so I've had to send it back.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2006 9:35:00 AM More reviews by get_the_lipstick_free

After spending several days at makeup counters across the city, I finally decided to purchase this product. I have to say I am impressed, it is very similar to the Estee Lauder tinted moisturizer in that it has that greyish hue and then "tints" your skin appropriatly. The EL brand was 38bucks, this 6, I did some math. Looked like approximately same amount. Decided this was worth a try. I did not get a "tannish" look, more of a glow, like I had been in the sun. Like what actually would happen if I did stay in the sun, come to think of it. So I am pleased, as another reviewer has done I have put Bare Minerals over it and like that result as well. Will definately purchase again, unless of course avon discontinues this very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2006 1:14:00 PM More reviews by brauncow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LUV IT !!!!! I use this product in the spring and summer when I don't want the weight of foundation on my face, but want to have that "sun-kissed" look with an SPF. I have recommended this to several friends, who really liked it. Great product, great price!