December 21, 2014 | 1017 users online

Fragrance - Dior - Dior Homme

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sexy bottle, sexy smell. The only thing I love about Dior is this! Would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a review of the new 2011 reformulation of Dior Homme. It isn't as good as the original 2005 version, but it is still my favorite fragrance for men. The notes are lavender, sage and bergamot; middle notes are iris, amber and cacao; base notes are vetiver, patchouli and leather. The difference is it is less powdery than the original and less of a presence of the iris note. I love the bottle and it is a very sophisticated scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by ElectricBlack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cant find this on the list of Fragrances but when I click Add a Review...there it is!

Oh well...this product is my no.1 out of my top 3 cologne faves! It smells masculine, light and it gets better as it lingers longer throughout the day!

I worked with fragrances for 3 years and so far this has been my favorite over and over again...I never get sick of it somehow!

It deserves better credit. Ladies, if you want your man to smell..masculine, fresh, and just sexy...and if you're crazy about Abercrombie's Fierce...this is another alternative! Trust me!!1

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Lisaandtheword

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Iris/ leather scent w touch of vanilla & herbs instead of rose.. much more wearable for me than scents like Cuir de Russie or Lipstick Rose. It's classy and sexy but a little more dark, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Sissi

This is my new everyday staple.
I discovered it by chance, after a salesman told me it smelled lipstick-y to him.
I tested it on a blotter and found it smooth, non-obtrusive and with a marzipan-ish iris note.
I bought a big bottle without hesitation thinking DH can always inherit it if I ever tire of it, although I doubt that will ever happen.

When I apply it on my skin the stages are: carrots, iris, lipstick, cocoa, lavender. It is clean, comforting and softly sensual.
Staying power is good if applied quite liberally (bear in mind it is an EDT).
I think I would appreciate smelling this on a man, although it doesn't smell particularly masculine to me.
I am sure if it came in a lavender crystal bottle, with a rounded shape, it would be a best-seller in the ladies counter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been compared by some to my beloved Kenzo Power - I have to say after multiple samples of this I just do not think it is as wearable as Power. It is an interesting dry Iris, with powdery gourmand chocolate and patch notes, but there is a cheap amber tone to this that I can't shake. The Kenzo seems to have higher quality materials fo rmy money.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2009 6:07:00 AM More reviews by mAn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I must confess I really don't go along with Dior fragrances, so even though this is in my fragrance group (oriental), it is definitely the fragrance I have bought and used once. Then just hated that it was laying on the shelf.

Anyway, the scent could have been nice, but it is so "raw", definitely nothing about this fragrance is unique scent and unprescedented this is not sophisticated one!

Sorry, but Dior missed again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Light, powdery, sweet, herbaceous floral - RAVE!
Though the official notes are Lavender, Sage, Cardamom, Iris,
Cocoa Bean, Amber, Vetiver, Patchouli, Leather.
Dior Homme is a brother of Shalimar Light,
with more citrus and a touch of sage, and an impression of oakmoss.
Early on with Dior Homme, I swear I'm smelling Miss Dior.
The fragrance goes through several phases, all of them excellent,
which is a rare thing. Sometimes I get a cherry-violet-vanilla
impression in the final drydown, like Lolita Lempicka. Both the
original and the reformulation are very good. Fabulous for men or women!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by drvogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best gourmands I have ever tried. It smells candied but it's not sickly sweet. The iris is there but the coolness is balanced beautifully with the fruit and candy. Definitely unisex but in a very sexy way for all parties concerned.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 6:21:00 AM More reviews by d77j3p

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this for my DH this Christmas after his previous edt (sorry, aftershave...he refuses to admit he's wearing 'perfume') ran out. I spent ages searching the counters for something which didn't remind me some over-scented man in a nightclub - which most of the major men's edts do for me. The minute I sprayed it I knew it was what I was looking for. It's sweet for a masculine, which I love, and the iris-vanilla combination is so original - nothing like your standard alpha-male tedious fresh cologne.

Problem is, I like it on myself just as much - and he's become exceedingly territorial about the bottle. I thought maybe I could get the 'extreme' version and so have a similar fragrance without too much overlap - but the iris is really toned down in it, and though it lasts better, the dry down is a cliched sweet vanilla-y amber thing that bores me.

So: 5 lippies for Dior Homme, 3 for the 'Extreme' version. The epitome of non-gendered perfume.