October 22, 2014 | 1931 users online

Pressed Powders - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder in W2 Light Ivory

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by nikiblaz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first started using this product about this time last year, and I am divided by the pros and cons. It has a decent coverage for my acne-prone/red skin, but it makes my skin look excessively shinier than it already is. On some days, especially in warmer weather, after about 3 hours it wears off a little, BUT, it doesn't make my skin break-out and I never look orange, which is a plus because my skin is rather pale. It's really easy to apply and blends really well across my face, and the coverage is buildable so you can have it as sheer or as thick as you want. I would recommend this product to people who want a sheer/medium coverage and have a normal skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I won't buy this product again cause I doubt I'll ever finish it. I am not a powder fan in general but I needed something to set my concealer when I cover my blemishes and to powder my nose with for minor oilies. I got MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Light and it really sucks for what I need powder for. I got this d/s powder for $7 on sale and it works for aforementioned needs just fine, in fact better than my MAC and it cost a lot lot less. On me, it didn't oxidize like crazy like many reviewers have said. It controls oil for a few hours. It has light coverage and it reduces the redness I get on my nose. Good enough for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ValerieBrd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I kind of have mixed feelings about this one.
The shade is very nice, blends in well and there's no need to apply a large amount. The downside is that this powder may get pretty cakey, especially on the nose and around the nose area.
And the packaging is pretty, but very fragile. I got to expirience a lot of Loreal's "fragile plastic" packaging and it's really annoying.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by lalaswoosh

You NEED to stay away from this product. There are 3 main ingredients in makeup that are harmful to your health and skin. Talc, mineral oil, and paraben. I looked in the ingredients of this product and the most used ingredient was talc! What talc is harmful when it is inhaled because it can cause cancer. Please stay away from this, especially if you keep on smelling it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by sally38

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First, I want to say I love L'Oreal's True Match line. It is just great how they really have a color for every skintone! However, these powders I believe are a little bit too pigmented. Unless you have the exact right one to match your skintone, it doesn't blend that well.

The product's concistency and application are really great though. It's not cake-y at all and is silky smooth when you apply it. The coverage is light to medium; it doesn't blend with concealer very well. It might blend together better with a cream concealer, but my liquid concealer from this True Match line did not set well when I used this powder.

All in all I would recommend this to a friend with maybe dry or neutral skin, but not with oily skin - it just doesn't blend into your skin like it should if you have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 11:43:00 AM More reviews by unseelie_fae

This is a pretty good powder. A nose touchup may be needed mid-day. It blends in well and everything, no complaints; no caking up or chalkiness, fairly natural looking. The only reason why I won't repurchase is because I like the Revlon powder (and its brush) better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by kvryenhoek

I really love this product on my skin, its like, blends well and looks natural, not thick or powdery. I am very pale and worry that getting a pale powder will wash out my face but it has the warm undertones that help my face glow. IT also gives great coverage, i dont need to apply much product to get results. I also really love the packaging, so unique. My only problem is there isnt much product in there for the price but then again I got mine for free when I bought the infallible foundation :P

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by unaguayabita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked the way this powder blended into my skin color. However, my skin still turned shiny towards mid-day. When I wore it on its own, with no foundation, it made my skin feel tight and dry, even if I was wearing moisturizer underneath. The case is very neat, it has double compartment for storing the pad and another one where the powder is.