April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Shampoo - Suave - strawberry shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Dollar General is having their sale on HUGE Suave bottles. After liking VO5 strawberry shampoo, I tried this. I can see why people love it. Very sweet fragrance but it doesn't linger all day in a migraine-inducing nightmare, cleans thoroughly, lathers great and doesn't leave residue. This and the other Naturals are excellent finds, especially at Dollar General. Great basic shampoo for all hair types, but you still need conditioner because it's very clarifying.:)
I want to add that this goes well with the apple conditioner and leave-in fruity spray that's supposedly for kids (although anyone can use it). I also agree with the below reviewer who dislikes sulfate-free shampoo. It just doesn't clean so well. Might be good for people with extremely dry hair but mine likes a good scrubbing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For starters, my hair is medium length, naturally wavy, early greying, colortreated and has been dry since childhood which I attribute to hormones and having always lived in a hard water area. Some products have made my hair worse, but none regardless of price point have made much improvement. Therefore, I go cheap on hair products since it really doesn't make much difference.

Despite my dry hair, I am not a fan of moisturizing shampoos because they tend to lead to buildup and I have to wash more often which defeats the purpose of trying to keep my hair moisturized. I don't like to wash my hair daily. I like silicone free shampoos like this particular Suave line. I only shampoo my scalp with it and condition the length with a silicone moisturizing conditioner.

I love the scent of this because I actually love that artificial strawberry smell. I also like green apple and the coconut.

Overall, this is an effective cheap shampoo (under $2) that smells great and does not destroy my hair.

I wonder if those who hated it are using it daily without conditioner or used it with the matching one. The matching ones are not enough for me because my hair needs some cones to look decent and those are silicone free. I would also not use it when my hair was dyed red because the red bleeds out fast with sulfate shampoos even ones for colortreated hair. Part of the reason I stopped dying it red was because I hated the sulfate free shampoos and can't stand cowashing. With brown and black hair dye, I don't have shampoo issues.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells so good but it did nothing for my hair. I have thick wavy hair. This product made my hair feel super dry and frizzy afterwards. I used it in conjunction with the matching conditioner. I'll use this up with another conditioner and I definitely would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by caraphernelia232

Let me start off by saying that I was raised by a woman who swore by suave products. Growing up I always used the original 2 in 1 shampoo & conditioner. My hair is thick, & i have to wash it every night & sometimes touch up with dry shampoo if its warm out. Anyway, after I moved out, I wanted to try something different. I've never used anything more expensive than Pantene. So I bought the suave proffesionals. I tried both types. First the almond one, & it turned my hair into a greaseball. & the rosemary mint one smelled amazing, but it made my scalp itchy & dry, & my hair didnt feel clean. So, two days ago, I was at the local Dollar General looking for something else to try, & I found this. I think we can all agree that the best thing about this product is the smell. But I was a little hesitant to use it because I bought both the shampoo & conditioner for just under $4. That night, I tried it. & OH MY GOSH. This might be the best shampoo I've ever used. Seriously. It smells great, & the smell actually lasts. My hair stays clean, & it's soft. It also manages my natural waves really well. I will definitely be buying this one again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

I like this a lot better than the shampoo and conditioner I paid $50.00 for at the salon. This makes my hair soft, shiny and smelling great! I'd rather part $1.78 for a huge bottle of this than a small fortune for a small bottle when this is better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by lovelyreb

Cheap price, cheap quality. All around "meh" product. It didn't damage my hair, but it definitely left the ends dry and frizzy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

This and all Suave shampoos leave my hair a dry, tangled, unmanageable mess. But when I was a little kid It worked like a charm. It's horrible for color treated chemically processed hair. I would never purchase it today. With all that said it's pure nostalgia in a bottle. I used it when I was a pre teen and the smell of it brings back great memories. I wish other products had this sweet scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by cheyori

This shampoo is pretty good! I love the smell and its unbelievably cheap. It works okay; it's a bit liquidy, so I have to use a bit more (also because I have a lot of hair), but it makes my hair soft. The only thing I don't like about this shampoo is that the smell doesn't really stay after I blow dry my hair :( air drying it helps lock some scent in, but when I wake up in the morning most of the strawberry smell is gone :/

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by brooke2010

I just love the sweet smell and how much product you get for hardly any money. I love that I can finally only spend $2 on a huge bottle of shampoo and conditioner, as opposed to $20 for something I run out of immediately. Poor college students like myself, you need to try this out! I've been using this for a week and my hair is unbelievably smooth and soft- all I do is just put some argan oil in my hair after I've washed it and it feels amazing. I don't understand how or why it works so well since this has sulfates, but I'm not complaining! I will continue to keep using it until it disappoints, can't get enough of the smell!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by StellaRose13

I originally bought the shampoo and conditioner based on the smell and the price (each were $2.99). I hadn't read the reviews on here until after, and I was a bit nervous to use them after reading all the negative reviews. However, I was incredibly pleased to find how soft my hair has been since I started using these two! I usually have to wash with dandruff shampoo one day, then regular the next just to control my flakes, and I haven't had to use the dandruff shampoo for a few days. My hair has been incredibly soft, and I find it holds my natural wave a lot better. I would definitely recommend this to any girl who's on a budget!