October 25, 2014 | 1684 users online

Shampoo - Suave - strawberry shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Suave calls this Shine Shampoo now, in keeping with the revamp of their Naturals. The ingredient list looks the same but the packaging is different. Not sure if they think the new bottle will up sales but..I guess every so often, product lines like to tempt us with alleged change.
That said, this shampoo is kinda like the apple one: it cleans without drying, doesn't seem to leave residue and is a nice body wash, especially if you like fruity scents. I have long, wavy black hair and combined with their apple leave-in, my hair smells really sweet until it's dry. It also stays clean all day. Like I said in my Juicy Apple review, this is as basic as shampoo gets. It won't work miracles but it will clean your hair while removing gunk that builds up.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by shadowmaster46

Reading the other reviews on this product, I have come to conclude that this shampoo is best on fine, oily or normal hair. If you have thick, dry or frizzy hair it WILL dry your hair out even more. Me and my mother both have fine blonde hair prone to breakage, flat hair, and oiliness and this is the perfect daily shampoo. The scent is sweet and fruity but not too strong.
One thing I will say is if you use it too often it will cause product buildup, so if you use it every day be prepared to switch shampoos every once in a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My mom used to buy me this one all the time when I was a kid, it really wasn't moisturizing at all, and being a teenager I would take frequent showers, almost everyday. Just made me too dry and frizzy overall, also I really didn't like the smell, very artificial sour strawberry.
Thumbs down from me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For starters, my hair is medium length, naturally wavy, early greying, colortreated and has been dry since childhood which I attribute to hormones and having always lived in a hard water area. Some products have made my hair worse, but none regardless of price point have made much improvement. Therefore, I go cheap on hair products since it really doesn't make much difference.

Despite my dry hair, I am not a fan of moisturizing shampoos because they tend to lead to buildup and I have to wash more often which defeats the purpose of trying to keep my hair moisturized. I don't like to wash my hair daily. I like silicone free shampoos like this particular Suave line. I only shampoo my scalp with it and condition the length with a silicone moisturizing conditioner.

I love the scent of this because I actually love that artificial strawberry smell. I also like green apple and the coconut.

Overall, this is an effective cheap shampoo (under $2) that smells great and does not destroy my hair.

I wonder if those who hated it are using it daily without conditioner or used it with the matching one. The matching ones are not enough for me because my hair needs some cones to look decent and those are silicone free. I would also not use it when my hair was dyed red because the red bleeds out fast with sulfate shampoos even ones for colortreated hair. Part of the reason I stopped dying it red was because I hated the sulfate free shampoos and can't stand cowashing. With brown and black hair dye, I don't have shampoo issues.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells so good but it did nothing for my hair. I have thick wavy hair. This product made my hair feel super dry and frizzy afterwards. I used it in conjunction with the matching conditioner. I'll use this up with another conditioner and I definitely would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by caraphernelia232

Let me start off by saying that I was raised by a woman who swore by suave products. Growing up I always used the original 2 in 1 shampoo & conditioner. My hair is thick, & i have to wash it every night & sometimes touch up with dry shampoo if its warm out. Anyway, after I moved out, I wanted to try something different. I've never used anything more expensive than Pantene. So I bought the suave proffesionals. I tried both types. First the almond one, & it turned my hair into a greaseball. & the rosemary mint one smelled amazing, but it made my scalp itchy & dry, & my hair didnt feel clean. So, two days ago, I was at the local Dollar General looking for something else to try, & I found this. I think we can all agree that the best thing about this product is the smell. But I was a little hesitant to use it because I bought both the shampoo & conditioner for just under $4. That night, I tried it. & OH MY GOSH. This might be the best shampoo I've ever used. Seriously. It smells great, & the smell actually lasts. My hair stays clean, & it's soft. It also manages my natural waves really well. I will definitely be buying this one again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

I like this a lot better than the shampoo and conditioner I paid $50.00 for at the salon. This makes my hair soft, shiny and smelling great! I'd rather part $1.78 for a huge bottle of this than a small fortune for a small bottle when this is better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by lovelyreb

Cheap price, cheap quality. All around "meh" product. It didn't damage my hair, but it definitely left the ends dry and frizzy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

This and all Suave shampoos leave my hair a dry, tangled, unmanageable mess. But when I was a little kid It worked like a charm. It's horrible for color treated chemically processed hair. I would never purchase it today. With all that said it's pure nostalgia in a bottle. I used it when I was a pre teen and the smell of it brings back great memories. I wish other products had this sweet scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by cheyori

This shampoo is pretty good! I love the smell and its unbelievably cheap. It works okay; it's a bit liquidy, so I have to use a bit more (also because I have a lot of hair), but it makes my hair soft. The only thing I don't like about this shampoo is that the smell doesn't really stay after I blow dry my hair :( air drying it helps lock some scent in, but when I wake up in the morning most of the strawberry smell is gone :/