July 28, 2014 | 1733 users online

Highlighters - Coastal Scents - Mica Powder-Rouge Flambe

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by VegasGirlatHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I originally wanted to buy a Clarisonic..but I couldn't see myself spending $200 for one..or $150 for a Clarisonic Mia...plus I don't have problem skin, so there wasn't a real reason that I needed it..just wanted one! (:

So last week I was browsing Coastal Scent's brushes, and saw this little guy. I read a few reviews on there and thought why not? It was only $2.50! What did I have to lose right? I got it yesterday afternoon and used it that night...I love it! What I did was pump some cleanser into my palm and wet the brush, then ran it in the cleanser until it started foaming, then went to work on my face...the brush is dense enough to actually brush off dead skin, but soft enough for it to be comfortable and kind of relaxing!

I definitely recommend this! Get it! Now! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by junerose000

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the sample size for $1US, and it came in a little ziplock baggie. Wow! The color is so intense and bright since it's pure mica, but the payoff is fabulous. I put literally a tiny pinch of it onto a large plastic lid, swirl my MAC 116 into it, and viola! Gorgeous, shimmery red cheeks! Whenever I use it, I always get compliments on how healthy and glowy I look. Be very careful not to put on too much as then it becomes clownish and super shiny. I doubt I'll be needing to buy this again as that sample bag will last me forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2007 10:09:00 AM More reviews by jeppypete

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i was looking for a beautiful rich red to use on my eyes and tried rouge flambe from coastal scents because of a review on mua. love it! i also got sienna fine pearl, which is a lot more pinky. i will never have to buy it again though because you get so much! for 3.25, a 1 oz. jar! i also tried the spa excel whipped body cream w/shea butter (golden shimmer) love the scent and texture. i could have fun shopping at coastal scents because i got all of these wonderful things for only 28.95. now i can try other colors of mica powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2005 11:47:00 AM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

During my exhaustive search for a true red shimmery powder, "Rouge Flambe" has emerged as my favorite.

This is a dense, intensely shimmery cosmetic-grade mica powder. It is the closest to true red of any shimmery powder I've found. "Rouge Flambe" is a deep flame red, with coppery tendencies. My favorite way to use it is over red lipcolor, where it gives lips that lovely jewel-like shimmer. This product is labelled safe for eyes, lips, nails, and skin, making it extremely versatile.It's also very reasonably priced. Go to:

www.coastalscents.com,

search under "Rouge Flambe," and you can get a full 1 teaspoon sample for only $1.25 USD. It will come in a reclosable clear plastic baggie, the contents of which can be transferred to a jar. I've got mine in a clear plastic 5-gram sifter jar(available from kaleidoscopecosmetics.com. continued >>