Cover Girl Nailslicks, with built-in top coat

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

You know, I've had my little bottle of Regal Ruby for a couple of years now, and it's as good today as it was when I bought it. I agree with the reviewer who mentioned the nice, thin consistency which makes it easy to apply. I put it on my toes last night. This stuff is pretty foolproof and doesn't seem to streak like some *cough Rimmel cough*. :-) I only wear nailpolish on my toenails and I do get a decent amount of wear out of it before it starts looking horrible. I would say that this does chip a little faster than other brands but it's not too bad. I give it 4 lippies and would happily buy more shades.

on 9/18/2005 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like these colors but I mostly wear them on my toes. They do tend to chip faster than others on my hands. I like Peek-A-Boo Pink, Orange Glow, Rose Redshimmer, Fabulous Fuchsia, and Silver Plum on my toes.

This is definatly one of the worst nail polishes I have ever used. The color takes forever to dry, and my polish always ends up with dents when I use it. It also tends to chip and peel off within several days. Despite the poor quality of this nail polish, the colors are nice.

on 3/27/2005 11:04:00 AM

Great price but you get what you pay for. It definitely chips and fades a lot quicker than OPI polishes. They look great and are quick drying, but I think it chips too easliy. But it is good for an inexpensive nail polish and you get a great selection of colours to choose from.

on 3/4/2005 12:53:00 PM

Nailslicks are the only thing Cover Girl are good at IMHO... I have it in "Fuchsia" and it's comparable to OPI in both pigment and consistency. I only needed two coats for an opaque finish and although it features a "built-in top coat" I added one of my own and the polish lasted 3-4 days without chipping. Impressive!

on 12/31/2004 9:43:00 AM

I have this polish in Misty Mauve. I really like this color because it looks neutral on my nails. So when I have a presentation to give at work, this is the bottle I reach for to do up my nails. I don't like how long it takes to dry. I have had one bottle FOREVER. With a little thinner, this hasn't gone goopey on me yet! This is worth a rebuy but I still use a topcoat.

on 7/11/2004 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Highly recommend. Great product at a great price. I have noticed that my polish lasts one week ..same as my Chanel nail polish even with kitchen gloves. Nice thin formula and shiny when dry. I have the classic red and Pink Twinkle which is a great nude pink. I dont have a need to spend 18 on polish anymore ...CG works fine at 4.00 a bottle!

on 5/4/2004 6:41:00 PM

i really like this nail polish for many reasons-- it has a good consistency-- you don't need a PhD in Manicuring Science to be able to apply it nicely-- they come out with great colors every season-- the bottle is nice and slim-- i currently have this in wild plum, which is a bluish purple a la "purple pieman" of strawberry shortcake fame-- it's a fun color that looks good with my tan south asian skin (nc35, stila e)

This is my favorite drug store nail polish! It has a thin consistency that doesn't dry so fast that it gets globby. It is easy to apply and looks shiny wet when it's dry. Beautiful!!!! I have 10 shades already (Crushed Cranberry, Regal Ruby, Cayenne Pepper, Peek A Boo Pink, Snowflake Frost, Passion Plum, Cherry Brandy, Raspberry Ice, Poisonberry, and Satin Mauve) and I'm sure I'll buy more!!!

on 4/29/2004 10:34:00 PM

I have Nailslicks in Pink Bliss. It is a hot pink that I would generally consider a "toe" shade but it's fun for fingers sometimes too. The other reviews don't lie. The odor is strong, the consistency is watery, it doesn't last all that well and has a pretty shiny finish. Although, I have found that nearly any nailpolish can be a superstar (super shiny and super long lasting) with a coat of Revlon Colorstay topcoat on it. Anyway, I would buy Nailslicks again when I want kind of an outrageous color that I don't want to spend much money on.