July 29, 2014 | 524 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Sandalwood Beige

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This isn't beige at all, but rather a muted orange shade. I heard Jullianne Moore has been known to wear this. All I know is it looks great with pale skin and red hair. I only wish it were easier to find. I've used up my last tube and can't seem to find a refill. I know Revlon still makes it, because they advertise it on their site. I might have to order it.

Edit: Finally found this at my local Mom & Pop Drug Store. It's interesting to note that they had it shelved with the orange shades and not the nudes. Just so happy to have found it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this color on my nc40 skintone. It falls into the nude category. Very wearable peach/coral nude, but not pale. I can wear this during the daytime or nightime. The coral undertone manages to brighten my complexion. Looks great with a bronzey look. Lasting power is good, a bit drying though. I usually apply some lip balm under, the l/s, and top with a bit more lip balm to keep my lips from drying out. I have lost this lipstick and went out to repurchase immediately. That says a lot since I have plenty of nude lipsticks. Definitely HG color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My new favorite lipstick. If you are around nc42-44 in MAC, you'll love this lipstick. It is so natural looking, and it enlivens your face up. It is a pinky-orange brown colour, with incredible texture and definition immediately added to the lips when applied. For lighter skin tones, I think this would be a great twist on an everyday look. Revlon never lets me down, and I hope they never ever discontinue this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Sandalwood Beige is probably the prettiest peach/coral lipstick for dark skin ever. On me, it's a peach or light coral that's wearable without a lip pencil. You can wear it with eye makeup without looking 'extra' and it's wearable in the office and when you're going out anywhere during the daytime.

I'm glad that Revlon keeps a lot of their lipsticks around for decades although they need to bring back some LE ones from previous collections.

I'm a MAC NC45, Bobbi Brown Warm Almond, Fashion Fair Butterscotch and Revlon ColorStay Caramel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I'm really impressed with this color. It's an peachy nude that leans a little orange. Like other lipsticks in this line, the formula is quite nice. It wears very well. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by mikazuki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I initially went in search of a tawny nude lipstick because I wanted to recreate Charlotte Tilbury's recent tutorial Everyday Make Up Look on a Budget. She used Makeup Academy's Shade 11, but it's not available in Canada, I don't think. I picked up Sandalwood Beige, which I think is a bit more orangey than the MUA #11 (which is a bit more brown), but it's close. I'm very pleased with it, even though it's not exactly what I was after. It has a creamy finish but looks beautifully matte once you blot it, like Charlotte does.

For reference, I'm Eurasian, and either NC or NW (I can pull either way) 25. For me, Revlon's Mauve It Over (a peach nude, despite the name) is my go-to, MLBB every day sexy nude shade. One me, Sandalwood Beige is a slightly amped up version of Mauve It Over. Sandalwood Beige is an apricot-y, brownish nude, very brightening and gives a bit more oomph to a laid back look. I wouldn't wear it every day like I would Mauve It Over, but it's a good one to pair with a natural eye during the day, and would still look great with a smoky eye and/or flicked black liner look at night,

It applies beautifully and it has quite good wear. I love the creamy formula and finish. How I apply: I always pop some Vaseline (any lip bam will do) on my lips when I'm doing my morning skin care. I do all my makeup, then remove the excess Vaseline with a Q-Tip (this also exfoliates...picked this up from Lisa Eldridge!). Then I lightly line my whole lips with Annabelle Waterproof Liner in Cinnabar (almost an exact match to Sandalwood Beige) and then apply the lippie straight from the bullet, then blot!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by BlueBabyDoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This lipstick (on me) was a warm toned orangey brown. I thought it looked a bit too dark of a brown for me so I was a bit disappointed. Then I got the idea to dab a bit of concealer over it. Whoa! The most perfect nude ever! It matched my skintone but the orange undertone of the lipstick provided warmth! This lipstick is now part of my go to everyday lip look. That may be too much work over a lipstick for some but I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by LipstickLove1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this lipstick - its the perfect soft muted apricot-brown shade! This shade along with MAC's Mocha are my go-to everyday shades - they are so classic and pretty for everyday - natural, but with enough colour and warmth to bring my skintone to life! The great thing about this shade is that you can deepen it for evening by wearing it with Revlon's 'Sienna' lipliner - it instantly transforms into the much pretty terracotta shade - definitely a winner for warmed toned ladies!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Initially this lays on the surface like a flat peach colour-bleh-half a min later, it melds with your lips, w.ever colour they are, and looks really pretty-pinky-peach, a creamy look, not quite nude lips (which i hate- the only nude lipstick that i like is rimmel undressed). Kinda a Brigitte Bardot peachy nude--she didn't have dead concealed out lips, but a fresh peach/brown/pink medley. In fact, this looks best ('chic') with that Bardot black eyeliner and that brown/tan/black (depending on intensity u want) eyeshadow. Very sexy. I think this is a skintone specific colour - won't suit everyone. I like it but don't love it. Nice formula. If i were to run out i would look for a Rimmel dupe as i prefer their l/s formula and the finish looks more fresh n youthful imo. Plus they have a Kate Moss association which makes me biased in their favour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this lipstick in both formula and colour. The formula is smooth, creamy, opaque, and non-drying.The colour is awesome with my fair complexion and red hair as it's a warm peachy orange terracotta shade that compliments me.