November 22, 2014 | 1915 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Velvet - Slip Pink

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Too sheer! It barely shows up at all. Which is a shame; its so pretty in the pot!
I may try applying it wet, as another suggested. Hopefully then I can get some use out of it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

Too sheer, absolutely NO color payoff. Like others, I thought it would be a simple/safe color, but it just does not show up at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by nudelipsandnails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This eyeshadow has to be one of my least favorites I have tried. It is a sweet baby pink with a hint of sparkle. I thought it would be a "carrier" eye shadow and make my eyes look pretty with a hint of sparkle. The eye shadow didn't show up at all..and no sparkles or glitter despite the fact that I used an eye primer. So in a nutshell, no special eye effects here. Just a boring, barely visible eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by patty88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Lovely, light color if you just want a 'color-washed' eye look. It will sweep a fairy-dust flash of light over your lids. Use with some primer or emollient base for a more intensive color. Otherwise, use it dry and you'd get just a nice sparkle, just right even for day wear. Love it, and just re-discovering it again after it slipped (pun unintended) to the bottom of my makeup tray. Nice to use as a different neutral eyecolor, that's different from the usual beige/brown for an NC40, Asian skin like myself. Would definitely re-purchase, but I'm not sure if it is LE.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by FluffyKeira

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Slip pink, when applied dry, is PATHETIC. It's impossible to get this dry formula onto the brush, then onto your eye. However, if you use a drip of water on your eyeshadow brush, then mix the top of the eyeshadow into a paste, then it goes on like a creamy, high pigment dream. =)

The colour is a warm rose, with subtle glitter flakes. I use Smashbox '24k gold' eyeshadow in the crease to blend into a lovely warm summer look.

The only problem is that I dislike *having* to use shadows wet; I only have one eyeshadow brush and it's annoying when it gets soggy and I haven't finished my makeup!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by yumbananas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This pink does absolutely nothing for me and the colour pay-off is terrible. If anything, slip pink makes my eyes look irritated and horrible! Would not recommend this eyeshadow as MAC has much better pinks on offer :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Tjlove23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The MA refered this color to me after I lost my beloved discontinued Mac Sunday's Best :( Anyhow this is a soft powder pink with shimmery glitter flakes. Since the color shows up so sheer on me, (nc42-45) I usually blend it with Mac Paradisco or Mac Passionate. I do not like it as a stand alone color though it is pretty. I just find it a little too pale for my needs. It would be unlikely for me to purchase this color again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by alichi

Do NOT like this eyeshadow. I bought it when I was younger and didn't know much about makeup, so I bought safe colors, you know sheer colors that you can't go wrong with because you can't see them. Well, this is one of them. You might as well not apply it because it doesn't do anything, and I'm not going to waste my time trying to make it work when there are plenty of eyeshadows out there that work easier and are much prettier.

Overall, it sucks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I won't comment on the color, as it's been well described here. I will say that I agree that you might have to pack it on a little more if you want it to *really* show, but this shadow just works for me. I read where someone used this in the crease with UD's Deluxe Shadow in Scratch on the lid and I tried that combo today, using MAC Fresco Rose paint pot as my base and MAC pigment in Fairylight as my highlight, and I loved the look!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by fascinationbeauty

oh. my. god.

this eyeshadow seriously is transparent !!!

after reading reviews in MUA.com i was sure this one will be perfect for me (i love lustre with holographic colors !).

But this one was thumbs down.

Im upset.