September 18, 2014 | 1319 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avon - Moisture Therapy Hand Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

the best way I can describe this is: honey yesssss! This stuff is my HG hand cream. The price is right and its almost always on sale at Avon in the large size or the pocket size. Even after washing my hands with soap and water, a little bit of film remains from prior use. It leaves my hands very soft. It is unscented which I love! it is a similar texture if not identical to Neutrogena's original hand cream. It's kind of a waxy cream, if that makes sense.

my mom used to use this emotion when I was a kid and anytime my hands were dry, I would get some from her purse. This is one thing of hers could I still use that as an adult that has withstood the test of time.

I give these out when they go on sale around the holidays as stocking stuffers. I keep plenty in my house, car, purse and even in my desk at work so I'm never without it.

I would recommend that they find a better delivery system since sometimes the cap can unscrew in your purse over time. But this stuff is good to the last drop. I also think that this should be available in a larger pump size, not to be confused with the body lotion pump

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by yjanney

I'm not a fan of most Avon products, but I've been using this one for years! As a PP mentioned, this product comes in the blue and white tube, not the yellow and white one pictured. I wait til this goes on sale for $1.99 to stock up, so it's really cheap. Goes on thick, so you only need a little, and really does last through hand washing. Sinks in and doesn't make your hands greasy. Very moisturizing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Both the original Moisture therapy handcream (I have used as a facecream in particularly cold weather) and the Intensive version (a newer addition to the line) are fantastic creams, mildly scented, and so moisturising really cures the itchy dermatitis I get on my hands. I use in conjunction with the Silicone glove for household chores and love them all. Plus a little hint - the Intensive version is identical to Neutrogenas Norwegian formula cream but at a third the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this product. I have been using it for years! It goes on a bit thick and greasy but absorbs quickly and wonderfully. Great for dry hands and I found it lasts through a hand washing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by asj6459

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a review of Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing and Repair Hand Cream in the blue and white tube. The yellow tube pictured above is Daily Skin Defense. I've been using the intensive for about ten years now. It does go on extremely thick, but sinks in quickly and doesn't leave your hands too greasy. I'm an optician, and after applying I was able to put small screws into eyeglasses without any difficulty, as long as I waited a couple of minutes. It stays on extremely well, and you can definitely tell it's still there after at least one hand washing. I gave a tube to a friend of mine whose hands were so dry they were cracking and splitting. She had tried everything and was absolutely amazed at how well this worked. She's bought several tubes since then. You can usually find it on sale for $1.99 and sometimes as low as $1.79. One of my other friends always comments on how young my hands look compared to hers. I'm sure I have this lotion to thank for that.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by EozS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Against all odds, Avon Moisture Therapy claimed victory over my dry hands (from winter and gardening). It took a couple weeks and half the tube, but my hands are now smooth and soft.

It is quite thick so probably best not to apply it while, say, using a computer - but the sticky feeling doesn't last long. You're good to go in 5 minutes.

I also find this stuff lasts through a few hand washes. After I wash and dry my hands, I rub them together and I can feel that some lotion is still there. Bonus!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by AvonLady09

This is truly Avon's best hand cream. I am an Avon Representative, and I've tried all of their hand creams. I like most of Avon's hand creams, but I LOVE this one. After my first use, my hands were soft and I could see a noticeable difference in the texture of my hands. I was in Nursing and the frequent washing ravaged my hands, making them look old and dry. This hand cream has restored moisture and a youthful plumpness and luster to my hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by snjlowe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a bargain! This is not a lotion for the faint of heart :) If you are having a dry skin problem this is the best lotion I have ever found though. It is heavy, but it does the job. My hands were so dry this winter my cuticles would not stop cracking. WOW what a terrific lotion for such a cheap price!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by kwpdb8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG!! The entire line is great, but I use the intensive, extra dry skin version with the blue and white packaging (not the yellow one pictured). I live in Reno, Nevada where it's freezing in the winter, no humidity, 5000 feet elevation and high winds. My hands will crack and bleed if left untended to. This hand cream feels rich and luxurious and rubs in quickly. Minimal grease. Better than Curel, better than Neutrogena, and for less than half the price. The hand cream is amazing, and the body lotion and moisturizing cream are great too. I got a bundle of moisture therapy intensive which had two creams, a lotion, a large tube of hand cream, and lip treatment for $9.99!!! I love this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

Avon makes Moisture Therapy Hand Cream in an "everyday dry skin" formula and an "ultra skin renewal" formula which is thicker and more suitable for nighttime use. This is a review for the MT Vitamin Treatment Hand Cream for everyday dry skin and, I must admit, this has been sitting in my makeup and sundries closet for months as I had a customer (I'm an Avon rep) order the ultra skin formula and Avon sent me the wrong type. I threw this in my closet, figuring I'd sell it, and forgot about it. I needed a new tube of hand cream for work as my mark Talk to the Hand cream, my go-to hand cream, was used up. This stuff is wonderful. When you put it on your hands they almost sigh in relief at the flood of moisture going into the skin. You can feel it healing as it quickly soaks into the skin, leaving it soft, supple and very lightly scented. My hands aren't greasy after applying so it's perfect for work as I am on a keyboard and switchboard--don't want greasy keys. I highly recommend this product as a good everyday hand cream, especially in cold climates. The price is right, too, for 4.2 oz. at $5 and Avon has a special B1G1 free special going on right now, too. I'll be keeping a tube of this around for sure!