October 23, 2014 | 1026 users online

Cleansers - Almay - Milk Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2008 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett0722

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate this stuff. It burns when you use it and it smells funny. It is not soothing at all! Don't be fooled by the advertising on it. Awful product. It also will burn your eyes out if you get it anywhere near them. Doesn't work as a toner either (it says it's a cleanser & toner 2-in-1). Also, the flimsy top broke w/in the week. Waste!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2006 9:20:00 PM More reviews by crimsoncelt

All I can say is...OUCH! The burning!
I thought this would work for me because Almay is so hypoallergenic and I have really sensitive, rosacea skin. I've actually soaked cotton pads in milk to soothe my face before and it worked wonders, so I was really excited to buy the Almay Milk Cleanser.
BOY! WAS I WRONG!It stings like fire!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 11:40:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

hate this stuff...it smells funny...like dead roses....it STINGS my eyes...never experienced stinging like this from a cleanser in my life..it leaves my face dry.......cleansing wise...its ok...i had to wash 2x to get my makeup out...overall,dont waste ur money....cute bottle though..ended up throwing this away w/o finishing it

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2005 12:19:00 PM More reviews by LaSeleniata

My skin is skizophrenic...but usually it's extremely dry. When it's dry my cheeks breakout really bad...so I was looking for a really good cleanser that would help prevent breakouts, and not too dry/oily. The Almay Milk Cleanser is great! It removes my makeup in a snap and leaves my face SOOOOO soft! Plus it smells great, is good for my skin (as is all Almay products), and comes in a great little milk-bottle shaped container. My only complaint is that I have to use another cleanser first on most of my face because it doesn't get sudsy at all, it feels more like wet lotion when it gets on my face. Despite that, I highly recommend trying it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2005 7:44:00 AM More reviews by s2861

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin & haven't had any problems with this product. I like the fact that toner is included so that's one less step I have to worry about. I like the smell & the texture of this cleanser. It doesn't break me out & leaves my skin feeling fresh. I've read several reviews that this is only for oily skin, but I haven't had any problems (so far).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2004 2:45:00 PM More reviews by misfit_marauder

I really like how the bottle is shaped > it resembles an old milk bottle AND due to the overhang of the cap, it is easy to hold in the shower. This was very gentle on my sensitve skin, it had an odd odor though [like sour milk] and a unique texture to it. It cleaned but didn't dry out my skin, I'd really suggest this for anyone who has sensitive skin and has had bad results with other cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2004 5:00:00 AM More reviews by airhockey523

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

wow! judging from the reviews, i must be the only one who'd buy this one again. yes, it did sting my eyes; but overall, i think it was Ok - esp. for the price. it's been one of the few cleaners that hasn't made me breakout.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2003 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Principessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this hoping for the best because I'm a big fan of Almay's milk lotion. However, this was a huge disappointment. It was extremely drying and as others have mentioned, it stings my eyes horribly! Too bad, because Almay usually has the gentlest products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2003 8:47:00 PM More reviews by janina73

Wow I thought I was the only one or I had bought a dud that was on the shelf for a long time. Yes, this stuff burns your eyes! I bought this for the novelty, and really expecting something different. Anyway, I did end up using it up, but will definitely not re-purchase nor recommend to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2003 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Rhian

Yuck! This stuff smells like milk that has gone bad. It dried my face out, and did I mention it stinks?? After reading the last few reviews I'm glad I didn't get it near my eyes. Yikes!