April 21, 2014 | 1166 users online

Cleansers - Kanebo - Naive Facial Foam in Aloe

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by GreenTea02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this at my local 99 Ranch store for about $5 not including tax. This product lasts me for a long time. I can use one bottle for 4 months, sometimes up to 6 months. This is due to the rich, foaming formula. I only use a nickle sized amount mixed with water and there's enough to wash my face and neck. It does not cause me to break out or strip my sensitive-dry skin. It does not wash off all make up, especially when I wear heavy eyeliner/mascara or foundation. It also leaves behind residue, making my skin feel tacky & not smooth. I also don't like that it contains castor seed oil. I don't like my cleansers to contain oil. It seems to defeat the purpose of cleansing! I've received 3 bottles as gifts in the past year so I have yet to repurchase. I would not repurchase because of its inability to thoroughly cleanse.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 4:27:00 AM More reviews by earlyonemorning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stuff! I tried it first when the japanese supermarket had it on sale to about 3.75 down from ~4.80. I tried it the first night and I loved it. It didn't strip my face like some other face washes, although the aloe flavor is said to be for oily skin, the green tea for normal, and the peach for sensitive. I have normal skin. I know that usually you should try it out for a while before making judgements, but I was so excited I went back the next day and got three more tubes. Since it hardly ever goes on sale, it hasn't since then and the prices have gone up! But you need so little for a good wash- one tube really does last for a really long time. I'm still running on the old packaging though. :) it really does my skin good and doesn't break me out. I only use other washes when my acne pops up or I need to exfoliate.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by superficialbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

-cleans face well
-not overdrying for summer skin
-gentle enough for sensitive

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by ichiban1

I LOVE this face wash !! It leaves my face feeling so clean, and some how it helped get rid of some of my black heads on my nose, which absolutely no other face wash has ever done. And a little dot of product foams up enough for your entire face. Im sticking to japanese face washes they tend to do good for my skin

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2006 5:26:00 PM More reviews by nlam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i like the green tea scent a lot! this one is basically the same thing except i do NOT enjoy the fragrance for some reason. it smells a bit astringent to me, and when i put it on my face, the scent becomes overwhelming!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2006 3:19:00 AM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a decent cleansing foam, but nothing spectacular. I'm not super picky when it comes to cleansers, so I appreciate the simplicity of this. It foams a TON so you only need to use the tiniest amount. Not really recommended for dry skin gals, since it is a little stripping, but not horribly so. I don't read Japanese so I have no idea what the teeny little beads in the foam are, but if they're supposed to exfoliate (which I assume, since they don't seem to dissolve) they're not doing such a great job. But since it's cute and reasonably priced, I gave it a good rating. But nothing worth going out of your way to acquire -- I picked this up at a little Japanese market in Boston, but I'll go right back to Dove when this runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2005 1:42:00 PM More reviews by garlandfairy

This cleanser is also sometimes called "Wash Foam". Even though this has 'foam' in the name, it doesn't really foam. That's fine with me, as I don't really care whether or not my cleanser foams/lathers. This was a little too 'stripping' for me, I have dry and sensitive skin. This didn't irritate my skin, but it did leave it drier than usual. Even after using a super-moisturizing cleanser after this didn't help. My sister used this though, and had great results. She has oily skin, so this is probably more suited towards oily skinned gals. The scent was alright though. Not too strong. The color of the face was was kind of a pearly mint green. The tube is large, so it does last awhile.