September 18, 2014 | 952 users online

Gels/Soaps - Korres - Shower Gel - Guava

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Quick confession first - I have no idea what a guava smells like! But if this is it then it's quite fruity with a hint of coconut too. And even if that isn't what guava smells like (and based on other reviews here, it really isn't) it's not offensive and doesn't linger for long so I'm not overly bothered that I (probably) don't smell like a guava after using this.

As for the shower gel itself, it's pretty standard Korres fare to be honest with no mineral oil, no petrolatum/paraffin wax, no silicones or parabens, no synthetic dyes, no phthalates, no alcohol etc, etc and suitable for vegetarians and vegans alike. So if you're looking for a more natural, eco-conscious shower gel there's worse ones to spend your money on.

It lathers up well (it does have SLS in it though), but the wheat proteins in this mean it won't dry your skin out. I actually found after using this that my skin did feel very soft and as a result I didn't feel the need to moisturise. The only downsides for me are the price (8.50 for a less than generous 200ml bottle) and the fact that there are other shower gels out there (most of the B&BW ones spring to mind) that smell much nicer and leave my skin just as soft. And for those reasons I wouldn't be tempted to repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by clarad

This shower gel comes in a black plastic bottle that is quite stilish. There ane no harmful ingredients listed in the content table, and Korres does not test on animals.
Inside, there is a clear gel of average consistence . It lathers well, and cleans hands of body without drying too much or leaving a film upon your skin (think dove).
Obviously it does not tone, moisturize or do anything else besides cleaning.

Now about the smell: WHERE did they get the idea that guavas smell like THAT? When I sniff the bottle or lather, I think coconut and maybe a hint of mango, it reminds me a lot of sundown sunscreen fragrance. Which is quite nice, to be sure, but again, tell me, WHERE IS THE GUAVA?!?!

Overall, If you want an average performance, eco conscious shower gel that smells of tropical coconut, go for it. As for myself, i wont get out of my way to buy this pricey equivocal smelling common showergel.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2011 7:26:00 AM More reviews by loiseva1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wish that i could see what all the hype was about this Guava shower gel, to me it smells very little of guava and very much of coconut (I'm not usually a fan of anything that smells like coconut) .. this is very nice on the skin and there is enough lather that i do feel clean and fresh, i just don't like the scent, however my partner loves the scent and it fades almost instantly after you shower, so since my partner loves it, he is more than welcome to use it! haha.
I want to try the jasmine one but who knows... it might smell like bananas or something random like the Guava one does! .. not a re-purchase for me Im afraid.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Victorialanette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first korres product to use i got it in my october birchbox. I wasnt too impressed with the smell and i noticed it faded quickly when i was all dry. It did make me feel really clean and i could possibly like it more the more i use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

This was my first Korres shower gel and I love it. I find it very moisturizing. The scent does not bother me at all. I use this in conjunction with the body and lip butters and my skin stays in great condition when I use these. I find them all moisturizing without being greasy at all. Love them and will repurchase. The set sold on HSN ends up being a great value.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by naturallyfab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I really liked this shower gel! It smells like gummy bears to me, and lathers quite nicely. I certainly felt really clean afterwards! The only reason I'm not going to repurchase this is I have way too many shower gels right now to go through - I don't feel the need to spend more money on another bottle of this when I have loads to finish first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I love the fruity coconut scent. It creates a nice lather, and the scent lingers on your skin after showering. I know when my husband has used this because the guava scent wafts throughout the house ( a definite plus). This is one of the great natural products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by lizzychu

Simply put, this is my holy grail shower gel. I love love love the scent, the nice lather it gives, and that it lightly moisturizes my skin. It's also a great natural product, no parabens or sulfates or anything like that! If they ever run out of this scent I don't know what I'll do! I love using this in the shower then following up with the Guava body butter. I wish they made a perfume or body spray of this stuff then my fragrance needs would be complete lol. It may be expensive, but definitely worth it for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the Guava scent! It's divine. I got a generous sample of this shower gel a few weeks ago, I've been using it lately and have fallen in love with it. I follow up with Guava body butter.

The scent can be described as fruity (but not synthetic-fruity), fresh and definitely not over-the-top. It's definitely my cup of tea. It's quite moisturizing and overall a very good shower gel. However, if I had to only buy the body butter or the shower gel I'd choose the body butter cause it's even better (and the scent last longer on your body).
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by vmax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of this... I can not get enough of it.. unfortunatly the smell does not stay long enough to make a difference...I do not think it is moisturizing enough either... I have never, even in the summer, gone without lotion for this product... I do wish they could make it last more.... Also I hate the packaging..Anything for the shower should be in a pump bottle... It is too hard trying to locate the top everytime... That said I will continue to purchase the body butter as I love that.