August 30, 2014 | 1609 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Thickening Lotion 06 volumizing hair lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Noni999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been trying to find my hero thickening product for some time and my search is now over.

It has made such a difference that a work colleague asked me if I had a body perm.

It is a little drying to the ends of my hair but I just use a little serum after blow drying my hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

I am not sure if the lotion makes my hair thick. Even if it does, it also makes my hair sticky and non-bouncy. After using the product it is very difficult to run my fingers through the hair. I tried taming this product a few times: with and without blow drying, using a tiny amount, leaving out the roots. Yet the result is same: the hair sticks together. For reference: I have very fine straight long hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Cannieqi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ive had stick straight hair my whole life, ive been searching for a good volumizer my whole life. This one is close to HG! It gives my hair very much volume, which i wanted. But it gets a minus because my hair gets very sticky of this.. But totally worth it anyways!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Moenique

Went to Beauty Brands to buy Redken Blonde Glam Mousse (which apparently they don't carry anymore) and ended up with this because it was on sale for $10.00 (and I had the tail end of a gift card with exactly $12 left on it). I don't think I was expecting a liquid, but it didn't drip. Just squirted a healthy does into my palm and rubbed directly to my scalp, combed through and then styled.

Obviously the first few times used too much product, didn't obtain that much volume but way too much texture - ugly dry, brittle texture, it wasn't good. Since I'm still sans Mousse, have continued using and believe the secret is to use only a NICKLE size amount (depending on your hair length) and no more, no less. And have to say if you can get the right proportion applied, the body will last for several days before washing and blow drying again, Now that I've figured out how to use it, would probably buy it again if it was on sale (it seems like the bottle will last a long time, so Redken will probably come out with something new before have to repurchase!)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by RainbowBaby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just tried this on my BSL hair. Didn't make it feel or look any thicker but it made the ends look really rough/dry and it caused my hair to keep getting tangled.

I much prefer the Redken satinwear lotion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by aizen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

my hair is fine with baby soft 2A.
most thickening product's makes my hair huge cotton candy big with no bounce.
but this redken thickening lotion and Redken - Aerate 08 Bodifying Cream Mousse makes my hair swingy bounce thick look.
esp next day.
I wash my hair at night ,
apply mix the two.then sleep.
next morning my hair is swingy bounce!!
I don't apply around root because my scalp is sensitive.
I also mix this lotion whatever other styling product's.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by misspenny27

I love this stuff! I have fine hair that if left alone is very depressing...all limp and lifeless. Always have tried different mousses', sprays, etc. and always came up with less than desirable results. Not with this! This absolutely works, and in conjunction with great hairspray and a new blowdryer (I finally after 42 years on this planet bought a blowdryer that was more than $10) gives my hair incredible body and lift...ALL DAY! Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I've used this product for a few years and I would never have rated it highly, just passable. Now I am head over heels in love with it. Why the change? I used to layer it on with Heat Glide on top. For some reason I decided to mix the two together (nickel size Thickening Lotion and 3 pumps of Heat Glide) really, really well in my hands before applying. The difference is amazing! I get thickness but without the stickiness or sense of product in my hair. The molecules in Heat Glide apparently coat the Thickening Lotion. I have fine hair but a lot of it however, the compromise to me is that I live in an area with soft water which takes all the body out of it. This technique gave me the hair of my dreams and as such I have increase the amount of product (quarter sized TL to 3 pumps HG) and it just got even better. I swear I could be in a hair advertisement.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lauramergenthal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although I have a lot of hair, it tends to turn limp by mid-day. I have a big event coming up and wanted to experiment with products to give me some volume. I absolutely trust Redken (use their All Soft combination in the shower) but wasn't crazy about Full Frame, which tends to dry my hair out - I also wanted something that would protect and define my frizzy, chemically-treated hair. I've used this stuff for 3 days now, and love it! It never leaves my hair greasy. I use a nickel-sized amount and blow dry. I'm left with fresh, healthy, lightly-textured hair that has a consistent body throughout the day. Although it doesn't give me Bridget Bardot locks, it's definitely become my daily pre-blow-dry styling product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So, this product does what it claims, like most Redken products, but I found it was a little hard to work with at first. I had to figure out the perfect amount to use; enough to have an effect without weighing my hair down. It also may feel a little sticky at first (after blowdrying), but that seems to go away (or maybe I just get used to it). I only use this on the crown of my hair though, since I feel like it might make my hair greasy if used in my bang area. Overall, I like this product though and would definitely repurchase. I do wish it came in pump form though!