Cover Girl Outlast Smoothwear All-Day Eyeliner - Olive

4.3

on 3/22/2011 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

well, i bought this today (Yes its discontinued, but i bought it at a biglots) and so far im in love with it but of course im always late on things haha! so i fully intend to go tomorrow and buy them out on it ( for 2.00 a piece im getting as many as i can!!) so thats why they received a 1 in price from me, cause im sure when it was popular it was alot more in cost :-P its an all around beautiful product.

on 5/30/2009 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner! The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is b.c (like another MUA'er stated), the tip got all smashed into the lid (not sure if it was my fault or how it was packaged, but I never had that problem with other liners). That being said, brown liner gets boring, and this is a great alternative for an everyday shade- not another boring gray or brown. It's also just enough that it's not too dramatic or harsh, just right! I will be buying this again (and making sure it's wound down as much as possible before puttin the lid on!!)

on 4/11/2008 1:15:00 PM

This eyeliner is the perfect color for me because I am a pale blonde. Unfortunately, every single time I use it, it is all gunky. Somehow it always gets all over the inside on the lid. Very messy. Will look for a similar color in a different package next time.

on 1/3/2008 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I recently started using this to replace the discontinued revlon taupe pencil. I love this color-- it's perfect for daytime wear because it is a nice neutral color that is not too dark or dramatic.

on 12/19/2005 4:25:00 PM

I use this color as my weekend-almost-no-makeup look eyeliner. I often wear it just with mascara, no shadow. It highlights my eyes nicely without looking too obvious. I'm a neutral PPP with brown eyes, BTW. And it's definitely an unusual color. But I really don't think the wear is anything special - it smudges and smears as much as any other pencil. Only L'Oreal Line Intensifique or Lancome Artliner actually stays on my oily lids. Still, this is a good drugstore find.

on 12/18/2005 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy Grail in color and performance. Although it's named "Olive", I would describe it as a very Dark Taupe, which is the hardest color to find on the face of the Earth.

I used to use Cover Girl Point Perfect in Grey-Khaki and I loved it, but it wouldn't stay on. So, I switched to Clinique Quickliner in Smoky Brown, because that was as close as I could get to the right color. Now, at last Cover Girl has come out with this and I finally have the color I want and it doesn't budge!

The trick to applying this is to NEVER apply it over eyeshadow. It will hardly draw a line if you do. I put a light foundation on my eyelids, lightly dust them with MAC Blot Powder in Medium-Dark, and then draw a line. I get a very strong line this way and it goes on so much easier than over eyeshadow. I never sharpen it because I like a thicker line and this color will never look harsh.

Try this if you are light skinned! It's softer and more natural and flattering than black, charcoal grey, or espresso.