October 24, 2014 | 1122 users online

Eye Shadow - Kryolan - Kryolan Matte Eyeshadow Compacts

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by lazeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have the Variety Eyeshadow Compact in both V2 (colorful) and V3 (neutral) shades, both in matte finishes.

Great pigmentation and it doesn't fade, easy to apply and the powders are finely milled and I have no problems with fall out.

However, I find that it has a very strong scent upon opening the packaging so people sensitive to fragrance should be wary of that.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by amakeupmistress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've always bought from Kryolan...since the nineties... and love my very large palette of 15 shadows. They're a mix of mattes and shimmers, because you can pick and choose your palette. The staying power is better than most, but I find the texture a tad rough. These products are standard in most MUAs boxes, at least the ones I know.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Ritual

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love these eye shadows, they are very pigmented and blend excellent. I don't use Mac's matte eye shadows any more, these are a lot better, trust me, give them a try, you can make your own palette for a cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by vickyj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these eyeshadows they had great pigments and go on lovely and smooth. There is lots of different colours I just wish I had the funds to buy every colour

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2007 3:16:00 PM More reviews by sockersara

These eyeshadows are a great bargain! They come in almost every colour you could imagine and are of high quality. High in pigment, easily applied and stays on very well.
Kryolan can usually be found at places that sell theatrical makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2005 6:03:00 PM More reviews by thrpschr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As stated in the reviews for Kryolan Yellow, Kryolan is a German company that makes make-up for stage, screen and TV.

I'm lucky enough to live in a town that has a great theatrical supply store that carries Kryolan, among other brands, and their matte eyeshadows are a staple in my make-up routine. I generally prefer matte shadows over satin, shimmery and glittery ones, and these are among the very best. They are smooth, richly pigmented, have amazing lasting-power, the overall quality and performance is in every way comparable to Dior, which is my other favourite brand for matte e/s.

There are literally hundreds of shades to choose from, shades that are never l/e, and the wacky colours are always available. The one I reach for the most is a pale, creamy nude shade called Beige; unexciting, but extremely useful as highlighter, base and even concealer/powder.

And, last but not least, they cost about seven bucks, and you get a LOT of product for your money, at that; 3.5 g/0.11 oz, to compare with MAC e/s at 1.5 g/0.05 oz.

Are there any cons, then, aside for the fact that they may be difficult to get hold of? Well, they contain the usual cocktail of possibly comedogenic ingredients, like almost every other e/s on the market. If you don't have problems with other traditional eyeshadows, though, there's no reason why you should have problems with this one. I don't, for the record.

They have a distinct smell - a powdery, slightly sweet smell. Not an unpleasant scent at all, I think; I rather like it. But it's there, and it's a slightly more prominent scent than e/s usually have.

They are mostly matte. I think there are a few glittery shades too, but for a wide range of different textures and effects, MAC is the place to go, not Kryolan. For me, this is a pro, though; I love mattes.

The packaging is functional, but not very glamourous; round, silver and grey pots, with clear lid so you can see the colour. For 7$, though, I really don't think that matters.

All in all, I really like these eyeshadows. The quality is outstanding, especially for the price, and they perform extremely well. Highly recommended!

Ingredients: Talc, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, Mica, Aqua, Magnesium Myristate, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-150, Ricinus Communis (Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Quaternium-26, Glyceryl Ricinoleate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionine, Parfum,

and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides Cl 77491, Cl 77492, 77499, Ultramarines Cl 77007, Ferric Ferrocyanide Cl 77510, Chromium Oxide Greens Cl 77288, Carmine 75470, Manganese Violet Cl 77742, Bismuth Oxychloride Cl 77163, Chromium Hydroxide Green Cl 77289, Yellow 5 Lake Cl 19140, Red 40 Lake Cl 16035, Blue 1 Lake Cl 45380.] (EU only: Cl 15985, Cl 73015, Cl 12085, Cl 45380, Cl 45410, Cl 15850, Cl 77120, Cl 73360, Cl 77266, Cl 58000, Cl 74160) continued >>

35 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No