October 23, 2014 | 1109 users online

Foundations - Kevyn Aucoin - Sensual Skin Enhancer SX04

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by sheykiss

I typically don't write reviews but this product deserves to be reviewed. Ive read some bad reviews about this product but men, this is the best concealer Ive ever had. I would say the best color I have ever tried and matched my skin. I have tried tons. From bobby brown to MAC. Nothing worked. I have dark circles and I have brown asian skin with yellow under tone and MAC's pro longwear in NC20 makes my under eyes look grey even if I top it off with the MAC highlighter in light boost and banana powder by benye. The s.a from MAC made me try pro longwear in NW25 to neutralize the dark circles but it made it look darker than my skintone and still didnt achieve that highlighted look. Then I tried that other MAC concealer in a pot in NC30 and it still made it look grayish. I have been using these products alternately bec I didnt have any choice until I found out about Kevin Aucoin's skin enhancer. I gotnit in SX04 and it matched my skin tone and gave me that highlighted under eye Kim K look that I have been aiming for. It also hid the dark undereyes. No need to apply my Mac's lightboost. But maybe I will if I go out at nighttime. Then I top it of with the Benye's banana powder. Best way to use this is the apply a good moisturizer under your eye as it tends to dry up. I user cetaphil's moisturizer then apply a really really tiny dot of this product under eye and blend it with my beauty blender. Then with the same sponge, I top it off with the banana powder. I bought this from Barneys New York for $50 and I dint really care about the price bec it gave me what I wanted. And this will last me forever as you only need a small amount. Others say that if you want to use it as your foundation, just mix it with your moisturizer and gives you a full coverage. I have a very smooth skin so I dont need that but I can see that it can cover pimple marks and discolorations as it did on my dark circles. Try it and you will never regret it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2006 5:01:00 PM More reviews by AndreaBozarth

Okay, this is my new secret weapon. I literally have 2 drawers full of foundations I like, but either don't provide the coverage I'm looking for or aren't quite the right shade for my light, yellow-toned skin. By adding a small amount of KA's SSE I've been able to get almost all of them to work for me, because it adds serious coverage as well as yellow tones. I've added SSE to Chanel, LM, Px, Becca, Tarte's Smooth Operator, all with incredible results, though a few times I added too much SSE and got more coverage than I was looking for. A teeny, tiny bit is all I need to create the perfect foundation, and it lasts well all day. This is one of the greatest beauty finds ever!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2005 11:44:00 AM More reviews by fairypink

This is a unique and incredible product that is unfortunaly the victim of some bad reviews. This is HG material for me. The color is a light yellow based beige. I'm an NC20 in winter and this suits me fine. It is a thick paste in the little jar. I mix this will a dollop of CO Bigelow Extra Light Moisturizer and this transforms into a light foundation with amazing coverage and oil control properties. There is NO way I could apply this straight from the jar to my whole fsce. It would be too much. You might could use a dab of this full strength as a concealor. You only need the teensiest amount to cover your whole face. Great product and the little pot will last forever!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No