April 20, 2014 | 1512 users online

Polishes - Orly - Bare Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by heyitstran

WILL TOTALLY REPURCHASE THIS AGAIN!

After a failed attempt of trying to do a pale pink color under my french tips with OPI's Bubble Bath, I knew that I had to find something new. Compared to Bubble Bath, Bare Rose works so much better. The consistency of the polish is brilliant in the way that it's not too thick when applied on the nail. I dislike getting clumps of polish on my french manicure. Bare Rose didn't clump up and the application was extremely easy. I'm very clumsy and unprofessional when it comes to doing my nails but Bare Rose did the job for me. My nails looks like they were done at the salon.....I LOVE IT!

I only apply one coat of this stuff since I don't want my nails to appear fleshy and raw looking. When I run out of Bare Rose I'm going to have no hesitation whatsoever into purchasing it. Since I love Bare Rose so much, I'm definitely going to try the other French Manicure line by Orly.

If you're reading this Orly, THANK YOU SO MUCH! It's the best for a French manicure! Please don't discontinue this : D

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by asaltzer

My HG for French, although you have to do this as a base and then layer your white over. It gives that flushed, pretty look and has major staying power. My secret is to do Orly bonder, then one coat of this, then white, then bonder again, then deep dry (all orly, although I do not like the orly white - chips too quickly for me.) If I use the L'Oreal White out, this will last a full week on me...in a pinch, I'll do another coat of Bonder and then SV mid-week.

Love the natural flush and sheer gloss this all gives my nails!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Ljadeke

Ick....I used this as a top coat in a French manicure. I don't like it, but maybe without the white. First polish I'm not a fan of.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ferisita

I was hestitang about buying this because I had previews bad experiences with the orly french manicure line....but I really wanted to try this color for my french manicure because I don't like to use those nudes colors...so I read the reviews here and after seeing all the positive reviews I went to buy it and I'm sooo happy!!! This makes my nails look very healthy and nice, it isn't like PINK color, but just the perfect amount of color.
Recommend this a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by AyeJae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

5 lippies for Bare Rose! Gorgeous clear pink that makes your nails look more natural than your bare nails. Idk how that is but am grateful I purchased this to mimic the Solar White and Pink Acrylic Nails. Not only does it contrast really well with a white tip (don't apply bare rose over the white) but as mentioned below, it brings life into your nails. Would recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by melabee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Exactly what I was looking for - a translucent pink to give my nails the slightest pop of colour...gives my nails life! Easy to apply and dries fast; love the packaging. Awesome for work or a night out. I love 1 coat as it looks so natural yet stunning, 2 coats make my nails look delicious. Why didn't I find this before? This is a HG product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this off of ebay based on the great reviews here. I adore this nail polish. It's my favorite and I just reapplied it for the third time in a row - it's that good. It's a sheer-but-there pink. Your nail shows through but you can tell you have polish on and it just looks girly and elegant. At first, I wasn't sure I liked it because the color was a bit blotchy - it seemed really pink in some spots and totally clear in others. Now I've figured out how to apply it to get perfectly even color. The best part about it is it's made my nails stronger and it doesn't budge - it doesn't flake, chip or crack. I remove it after about six days when it's growing out and my cuticles look a little messy. I took off one lippie because the smell is quite strong and lingers for awhile. Other than that, perfection!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by archgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I initially purchased this to wear with a white tip. However, two coats of this over a French tip make the white too pink. I prefer to wear two coats of this alone (with base and topcoat, of course) on fingernails. This color reminds me of the clearish reds and pinks that many film stars wore in the 1920s/1930s on short stiletto nails. Bare Rose is a really nice alternative to clear and lasts much longer because of the pigment. This polish dries very quickly and makes it a good color to have in reserve for a last minute manicure on your way out the door.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by mabsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very much so a "my nails but better" polish. This is definitely a staple of my nail polish collection. It gives a light reddish-pink tint (similar to the natural flushed color of your nails after a shower) and a nice finished-looking shine. I also find it quite versatile, as most neutrals are. Bare Rose performs for a simple no fuss girl-next-door look, and it can also function for something more elegant. It's probably perfect for those days you need to seamlessly go from a day-to-night look and don't want your nails to clash. And like others have stated before me, it's good for French manicure's if that's your thing. Application is also a breeze because it's so sheer and smooth. Even for a nail novice like me, it's near impossible to mess up and the drying process is also pretty fast.

Bare Rose also has the same benefits that all Orly polishes have: it doesn't really chip or fray for up to a week (what's especially promising about this one though is that it does so even without a top coat), the bottle comes with the easy grip rubber top, and it's formulated without DBP, toluene, or formaldehyde.

One small quibble though, you wouldn't want to wear more than two coats probably. Three (or more) and it does start to look a bit "fleshy" as previous reviews have stated.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by skinnie302

As someone who loves having well manicured nails but isn't so great at painting, this color seemed safe for me to try. I bought Bare Rose at Sally's for $5, pretty inexpensive. The color went on nice and smooth, dried fast and looks natural. I like to apply only 1 coat for a light pink color. A second coat gives a brighter pink that, for me, is too much. Overall, I am very pleased with this polish and would repurchase.