October 31, 2014 | 1591 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Piment Brulant

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by evonet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This fragrance smells lovely in the bottle, but can be very peppery upon initial application especially if oversprayed. I am haunted by this scent because it is different than anything I've ever tried. I am reaching for this everyday now that the weather is cooler. I am also layering it with BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar body lotion. It is truly beautiful together and takes away some of the peppery while adding more vanilla cozy warmth. This scent is certainly worth a try. I may not buy another bottle of it just because I believe it will last a long time. Also the longevity on me is very good, even without layering. The scent lasted all day and even through a gym session.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by sassykzt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I 'm grateful when I'm given gifts by my friends but why would I want to smell like a bell pepper?

Piment Brulant is both intensely vegetal and an unappealingly spicy-hot mess to my nose. Reading only the notes listed will definitely sent me ( and my dear friend who purchased it) the wrong impression about what this fragrance. I did not get any cinnamon, amber, vanilla, cloves, or chocolate. What a pity!! This is definitely my chemistry rejecting this fragrance. The poor rating has to do w/ how I perceived the smell on me not the formulation, ingredients, or bottling( which are all exquisite!)

This one is being exchanged tomorrow!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by rhiannon_chiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Neat but overall a big disappointment. I love hot peppers and I have been hoping to find more scents that incorporate them- not a cinnamon fan so the DSH piment was not one I even tried- so I was excited to try this. That it contains chocolate was a nice bonus, so I thought, wow, this is going to be awesome. And for a second it was awesome, but quickly the strong hot pepper note was layered with some kind of hazy, Estee Laudery floral-musk business going on. I felt like that really clashed with the foody elements and it pretty much completely ruined it for me. Also I think the chocolate in this is the bitter kind and it would be better if it was sweet- peppers taste really good in sweetened chocolate and that would have been great. If anybody knows a great scent with hot pepper please feel free to pm me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 5:06:00 AM More reviews by WentworthRoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Notes: raspberry, red pepper, vanilla, cloves, poppy, musk and amber.

This fragrance opens with an interesting vegetal spice accord. It is fruity sweet but peppery underneath, on my skin it smells a lot like ripe little red bell peppers. This is a spice fragrance for summer, because it is not warm but fresh and cool. As it progresses the fragrance becomes warmer, for vanilla and cloves emerge and sweeten the whole. Lasts for four hours on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by mchampion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I realize certain fragrances work with certain chemistry and this is one fragrance that I was born to wear. I have seen SO many references about smelling like a bell pepper but honestly when I wear this it's more of a spicy floral. From the notes, it sounds like it would be heavy, thick, cloying etc but it is light, airy, mystical and unique. Definitely full bottle worthy for me!! Another plus, I don't have to worry about anyone else smelling like me. L'artisan is my FAVORITE house with the most beautiful and unique fragrances :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is very interesting. This is mostly tomato plants with awesome pimento wafts. Cocoa is supposed to be in this but I don't smell it. Intriguing. I don't want to smell like tomato plants, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by chrystelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely love this. A very visceral part of my biology and memories adore this scent. The green skin of the jalapeņo is full of capsicum oil with the spice taken out (which I actually miss, I would enjoy the sting of that) but understandably so, it would undoubtedly turn the skin red. This real, living fresh green pepper extract is blended in with smooth milk chocolate, which, instead of overpowering the jalapeņo, it adds a nice round base to the mix and makes it truly delectable.
This makes me intensely crave some super spicy mole. I want to just drench my whole plate in it. I'm not a big fan of gourmands or foody fragrances, and this is my first love from L'Artisan. But I adore this. It brings back the happiest, most intensely pleasurable memories of my life, enjoying jalapeņo poppers with my one love.... the sweet images all flood back, of my youth and it's exquisite, stunning memories, known once, thousands of times in that one long time, never to be repeated.
All the soaring emotions of falling in love, and none of the solid ground hardness of reality touch this scent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by GreenWoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the idea of this perfume and it smells great on first sniff. Peppery with a warm, mellow undertone. Unfortunately, the notes just do not work together on my skin. They all meld into something like an artificially sweet air freshener! I love the ideas from L'Artisan and wish *all* of them worked for me, but sadly this isn't to be.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by elfriede

I've always thought red bell peppers had a lovely sweet-rosey fragrance when freshly sliced, and jeez-a-loo!--here it is. An odd transition, from peppers and green to cocoa and cream, but somehow it's seamless. Like most L'Artisans, it dries down too quickly. The drydown, while light, lasts a very long time on me, and keeps a hint of spice throughout. For all the robust notes (spice, chocolate, amber!), it's a light, subtle summer scent on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 9:39:00 AM More reviews by tessture

All I get is bell peppers with the touch of green leaves. It's nice and smells authentic, but I don't want to smell like bell peppers. On a friend, it smells like spicy chocolate and peppers, which is strangely delicious and wonderful. Try it in sample form first, but I'd say if any of the notes intrigue you at all, definitely try it in SOME form. Interesting.