October 31, 2014 | 810 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Christian Dior - Addict Perfumed Body Creme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

I love Dior Addict. It is my favorite scent of all time. It is sexy and I became addicted! I had to get everything in the line, including the soap, shower gel, body lotion, and this body cream. It's discontinued but it is very sumptuous and moisturizing. It smells deliciously like Dior Addict. It's nice to layer Addict so it lasts all the time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Addict EDP, but unfortunately this perfumed body creme doesn't smell as divine as the EDP. This fairly moisturizing body creme has a strong, heavy scent which IMO doesn't come even close to the original perfume. I purchased it tax-free, but it's still very expensive and certainly too expensive for what it delivers. You're better off buying a big bottle of Addict EDP. So I won't repurchase and I'll use this creme as a (way overpriced) handcream at night;-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2005 7:52:00 PM More reviews by lareine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, I really like the Addict perfume, especially in the colder weather. From the initial greenness to the sultry, smokey vanilla drydown, it smells beautiful at every stage. I was hoping for the same from the body cream. Sadly, it was not to be.

The cream is presented in a pretty round blue pot, which unfortunately is not the most hygenic as you have to stick your fingers into it. However that is fairly standard for scented body creams, so I'm not complaining too much.

The hydrating quality isn't quite what I expected. While the cream sinks in quickly, leaving skin soft, and does not leave a greasy residue, it isn't particulary moisturising. My normal skin soaked it up and still feels thirsty for more. I feel like I would need my normal moisturiser on any dry bits, and this cream only on arms and chest for scent layering purposes.

Unfortunately, the scent of this cream is not, to me, at all like the perfume. There is the same initial greenness, but that almost immediately turns to something that smells more like, um, burnt dirt or something. I don't get much vanilla at all, and certainly no sultriness. It's really just not very pleasant at all. It's long-lasting, but for me that is not really a plus point!

I don't know if this weird smell is a fault/feature of the product, or just how it reacts with my skin. I get the same unpleasant note from the Addict body lotion -- and also from a bottle of Boudoir body lotion which I have. So maybe it is just me. All the same, I would not buy the Addict cream or the lotion again... continued >>