Farouk CHI Chi Silk Infusion Reconstructing Complex

4.2

Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Panthenol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red 17, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Boron Nitride Powder

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

amazing. I recently had an ombre done on my black level 2 hair and it felt pretty gnarly. after putting this on damp hair, my hair feels amazing now.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using CHI Silk Infusion here and there over the years. I recently picked up a new bottle and realized I haven't given it a review yet, so here you go.

Pros:
-Does make have very soft and shiny...no matter how damaged/dry your hair is
-Detangles hair
-Easy to apply
-Great warm scent
-Suficient for protecting hair from heat styling

Cons:
-Silicone serums are AWESOME for hair, thus there being so many on the market. CHI does not beat the cheaper competition. It doesn't do anything that a $10 silicone serum wouldn't. Drugstore brands CAN compete with this at a more affordable price.
-Can easily weigh hair down if you apply it to generously. Once you make that mistake... there's no undoing it without having to wash your hair. Some serums are thicker or thinner than others. CHI Silk Infusion is on the thicker side. There have been times where I applied too much and looked like a greasy, balding rat.

I put a 'yes' for repurchase only because this is a great product. As already mentioned however... there are plenty of close dupes for half the price.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I don't think I could give this up. I love everything about it. The oil is smooth and smells very clean, and sort of masculine, which I don't really mind. I love the scent of Chi hairspray, guard and this serum. Doesn't weigh my hair down, or make it oily. Gives my hair the sleek look I want. You do have to be careful on the amount you use. A little goes a long way, especially in damp hair. Good stuff :)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I can't get over how crappy this stuff is now. I remember liking it years ago and recently bought a new bottle. After some research, I realized after the fact that this company changed the ingredients! This does absolutely nothing for my hair. I have coarse hair with a lot of texture which makes it prone to high frizz and being unruly. Chi Silk Infusion is too weak for my hair type. It doesn't give shine or frizz control. It does nothing. Too bad because it was expensive. Also, I hate the smell of it.

I was introduced to this product back in approximately either 2008 or 2009 I would say. I have tried so many other oils since and I just can't get away from the Silk Infusion! The smell can be overbearing, but it's not terrible. I apply this when my hair's damp and when it's dry right before flat ironing it. It helps me comb through any type of tangles, when my hair is both wet or dry.

I can never get past the price to be honest, it is so expensive. It does last a really long time though. But, I noticed they've changed the formula. It's no longer the amber/yellow tone, it's now clear, and seems a lot more runny than it use to be. Because of this I can foresee myself going through it a lot quicker. Which sucks!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The product itself isn't terrible, my hair didn't get damaged while using it (I heat style somewhat regularly) but I didn't maintain the softness and shine that other heat protection serums give me (marrakesh oil or cherry bomb). The scent is awful imo, like men's cologne, it's way too strong. I expected more because I had heard such good things and it was rather expensive. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used this product for years now and would be lost without it!! My hair is naturally thick and course, which is true for most redheads, and this completely transforms the texture of my hair. It hydrates, smooths, silkens and seems to lighten the weight of hair. I have tried 'replacements but they simply do not measure up. I will not blow dry my hair without this product. If u have dry, coarse, unmanageable hair try this and be forever hooked!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I really don't know what to say about this stuff....I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS STUFF!!! I have been faithful to this product for over years now. However, every now-and-then, I would find myself trying out new products and nothing would compare! I use mines as straightening treatment prior to flat ironing my hair (place a quarter size all over dry hair and flat iron). The product is light-weight, non-greasy, and it smells amazing! Chi silk infusion has never let me down and worth every penny! Highly recommended Silk Infusion for ALL HAIR TYPES!

I used to love this product but now I know, what I really loved was the original formula. I was not aware they had change formulas when I bought my second bottle.

What I loved about the original formula was that it added shine and made my hair feel soft and silky. Now, the current bottle I have with the changed formula, still does all those things except it does not make my hair as smooth as the original. However what I really despise about the new formula is that I've noticed after blow drying my hair with the Silk Infusion applied to damp hair, it leaves small white residue on the ends of my hair! I don't know how this is because the serum is clear?? But it makes my newly washed hair look dirty again and it especially looks bad because I have black hair so the residue really stands out and is noticeable. It's so disappointing. I never experienced this with the original formula. I don't know if I just bought a bad bottle or if it's just the new formula altogether but I'm absolutely not buying it again. I wish they kept the original formula.

I'm currently using Living Proof Satin Hair serum and it's not my HG but it does the job for now. Not a fan of the smell though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have a love/hate relationship with the Chi Silk Infusion. I adore what this product does for my hair and detest the scent. I use this on wet hair before I blow dry and on dry hair as needed before and after flat ironing. I end up with unbelievably soft, swingy hair. While my hair never stays perfectly straight no matter what I do, the Chi Silk Infusion does a noticeably better job of keeping my hair straighter than other products like it, especially in wet and/or humid weather. I also notice fewer hairs in the brush and on the floor since this provides nice slip. I do find using this on day two or three hair does weigh my hair down pretty significantly.

But I really, really dislike the fragrance, which I find powerful and long lasting. To me this smells like bad menís cologne. Every time I apply this to my hair I relive being stuck in my college dorm elevator for 10 floors with guys drenched in Polo. The scent is so strong and persistent, it might prove a deal breaker for me. If I canít find something that performs as well as Chi, Iím going to have to do some soul-searching about the scent.

Popular Styling Products