April 16, 2014 | 1418 users online

Styling Products - Farouk CHI - Chi Silk Infusion

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by shmeow

Let me start with saying that the fantastic rating is for Chi's OLD formula of Chi Silk Infusion (the amber colored serum.) The new formulation hasn't done any harm to my hair, but it just doesn't work the wonders that the original does. I'm so dedicated to the old formula that I stock up when I find it. Here's a great tip if you want to know whether you are buying/have bought the old or new formula: the old formula's bottle is slightly goldish tinged (you can tell because the bottom of the bottle should be silver) and it will have a shorter serial number (printed on the bottom of the bottle.) The newer version comes in a more silvery bottle (no yellowish tinge!) and has a longer serial number. I often find both new and old formulas in the same store, you just have to go through the bottles on the shelf if you want a specific formula. This is also useful if you are buying online from a retailer that offers returns (hopefully free.) You can check the color of the bottle and the serial number before breaking the seal! I hope this helps anyone looking for answers about the old and new formulas :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This made my hair look amazing at first when I applied a little it to the ends of my hair. But for some reason it slowly made my hair greasier and greasier as the day went. It's very expensive for a 30ml bottle here in Canada - about 15$ for a tiny bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by spottedswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It feels like moisture, but it's definitely not a conditioner or moisturizer. It took me a while to realize that Chi Silk Infusion does absolutely nothing to hydrate my hair, it's great at distributing silicone and smoothing the crap out of it before I straighten.

I love this for the smoothing qualities and it's worth the cost. I have chin-length hair and a dime size amount goes a long way... and if it's not enough, there's probably some other damage that has to be addressed. Using a REAL moistruizer first is still essential.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Ebyanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't tell the difference between this and Biosilk's Silk Therapy. So I buy whichever is on sale. I have fine thin highlighted hair. Just a tiny dab and my hair looks shiny and healthy. You can read a more in depth review at http://www.anniesnuggets.com/2010/11/glossy-hair-is-golden.html#more

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Megatonisforlovers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

First off all I have a lot of hair, it's course & naturally frizzy not to mentioned been dyed a few times. This stuff really does what it says it does. After using this my hair feels heavenly & silky smooth. My hair is shiny & almost frizz-less I can't keep my hands off my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by underage

I've repurchased this multiple times. I had it a few years ago and spent a fortune on the huge bottle. Half of it spilled out when I was traveling and I became bitter and didn't want to spend the money again lol. Years later I bought this again and I remember why I love it so much. It smells AMAZING. Like a guys cologne or something musky. You only need the smallest amount and it makes your hair feel glossy and the straighter/brush will run right through it. I have severely damaged & bleached hair and this makes it feel healthy again. I cannot be without this again!! You can find this at TJMaxx and Marshalls a lot too!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by sophiaclaarke

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love it! when I initially put it in my hair before blow drying, I feel like its not helping but it really does make hair stronger! smells amazing too its also good for getting extra shine and moisture after styling hair

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by heohamzb2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love everything about this product! It did an amazing job on my hair. Now it become a part of my daily routine. After taking a shower I applied a small amount of Chi silf infusion on then dry my hair as normal. It leaves my hair smooth, shiny, glossy and smell amazing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I see everyone loves this product but unfortunately it didn`t work on my hair at all. My hair was still dry and frizzy. Just now it had some oil on top. I had the same problem with argan oil, my hair stayed dry and frizzy. I guess my hair doesn`t do well with oil type products, I much prefer the cream/lotion type... You can buy the minis so it worths a try as everyone else loves it...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an expensive product that I keep getting because my mom knows someone that gets it for a low price at the salon shops. I honestly don't think this does anything for my hair besides weighing it down. It makes my hair shiny but greasy and oily even when I use a little. I have damaged highlighted hair and it does not condition or hydrates. I still have tangled hair after this. What I use it for is before straightening my hair and when my hair is staticy since this weighs it down.