October 1, 2014 | 1814 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Babyliss - Pro TT Tourmaline 5000 Hairdryer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG, I love this dryer. I ordered it from Amazon and it came today. I washed my POB and dried it in less than 10 minutes, about 5 actually. The weight is great, the price was so good. I should have bought 2. Thanks MUA.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Scazza

I've never thought I could dry my hair every day but with this dryer I can: fast, easy to use, leaves my hair smooth. I bought this because it was the cheapest out of the Rusk Speed Freak and the Babyliss Carerra that I was considering. A lot of surprises with this one. First, this dryer is very lightweight and small enough for traveling with, though I wish the grip were fatter with something grippy like rubber. It dries my shoulder blade length hair in less than 4 minutes. My hair is not fried or dried out at all, just as smooth as if I air dried it. The air that comes out of it feels strangely cool, the barrel and the handle stay cool but it dries my hair faster than dryers that burn me, throw heat everywhere, and overheat me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by carluna

I got this hairdryer as a gift. True. Its the best one I've ever had. Dried my long hair in less than 5 to 7 minutes on "warm" without frizz... soft, silky and shiny... Light. Without any product even. My hair has a little bit of wave in it. When I use this hairdryer + product + a little finger-tugging, smoothing action... my hair is straight and smooth. The "cool" button is easy to press.

Unfortunately, it broke on me after only six months. It just stopped working one day. ANd God knows, I tried in vain to look for any support/ exchange/ warranty considering it was bought for around $80+. No success there. SO I am very, very disappointed. :( ANd so heartbroken, I've been keeping my dead babybliss around and refusing to buy another hairdryer...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by matlaw16

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best hair dryer I've ever owned. I have medium length, thin fine hair so drying is relatively easy for me. But I love this because I can get a lot of air flow without a lot of heat if I want it, but I can also get the heat and the giant air flow when I need that, which is less frequent. But I just love the huge amount of air that comes out of it, plus it's comfortable to hold, not too loud for my sensitive widdoo ears, and I like the metallic red color.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Dawn1980

Now that I'm no longer in med school and have a salary, I allowed myself to buy a high-end hair dryer. After looking at extensive reviews, I decided on this one and purchased it from Amazon.com ($90 including S&H). My hair is much silkier after using this and my long fine hair gets dry in 4 minutes flat. The dryer doesn't even need to get that hot (I keep it on the cool or medium settings). The positioning of the buttons doesn't bother me at all, but I can see where it may be awkward for some. This is the best tool purchase I've bought since my Sapphire straightening iron. :)
UPDATE 4/7/09 -- After 1 year of daily use, IT BROKE!!! So disappointed!!! It just randomly stopped working and got screaching loud. I can't say I recommend this dryer anymore. Will move on to a Rusk dryer (crossing my fingers).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by sahmu4ia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a difference a hair dryer can make!
It might not be fair to say that this actual dryer made the difference, maybe any simular type would have, but since getting this dryer from Amazon, my hair looks and feels so much healthier. Best of all, I was able to break the silicone-cycle. Yep, shiney smooth hair, without the drying and build-up of all those dang products.
This is very light-weight dryer, but since it dries so much quicker than my funky old Conair, weight isn't really an issue. It does take some practice. It blows REAL hard, and the buttons are not in a place that I am used to, so I kept shutting it off at first.
I really beleive the damage factor will go down with the use of this dryer. Oddly, it dries way faster, but my hair doesn't' seem to get that hot. (I swear I saw smoke coming off my hair with my dryers of the past).
I have very long, highlighted, think wavy hair. I actually dont even need to touch up with the flat-iron anymore.
Hair dryers are one item that people should not skimp on. I learned that with flat irons, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by TheOpenRoad

I don't love it. I like it a lot. It's a very good blowdryer with a lot of power. My hair is fairly short and it dries it nice and easy. No spectacular results, but good results. I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by djxsugax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this dryer free with purchase of the matching iron. What a steal!!! It is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 1:09:00 AM More reviews by yazzi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this hair dryer and wasn't really sure if I should get this one or the Rusk brand ceramic dryer. Anyhow I chose this one because it came with a travel size dryer for free. I'm still not to sure about the difference between a ceramic only dryer and a tourmaline and ceramic infused dryer. Does anyone know??? I have used this dryer only once so far and it did leave my hair super soft. It was frizzy but soft and took a lot less time to dry than usuall.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 2:08:00 PM More reviews by sarahannej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this hair dryer after reading the reviews on this site plus another one. Before my purchase I had been using a Conair Ion hairdryer. I have long (past bra staps) hair that is very fine but I have alot of the fine hairs which makes my hair thick. Anyway, my hair is also very damaged (lots of highlights) with split ends everywhere. Using my old dryer it used to take me about 20-25 minutes to blow dry and the finished product was a mess. My hair was super hot to the touch and FRIZZY! This new hairdryer is AMAZING. I had the heat set on high and the air pressure set on high. My hair NEVER got hot. In fact, when I started blowdrying it I thought to myself "Geez, the air isn't even hot...this is going to take me forever!!". However my hair was dry in 10 minutes. THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. Also, my hair was less frizzy (still frizzy- but much less than before) and that is with only using it once. It made my hair VERY soft. WOW. 1 use and I am 100% sold. I also use this in conjunction with biosilk (about a dime size applied to towel dried hair). Simply Amamzing. I purchased mine on Amazon.com new for 63.00- a great price when I hear that others have paid as much as $150.00 for this. Wonderful Product!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No