Smashbox Spot lights

3.8

on 6/3/2003 6:22:00 PM

I agree w/AnnMarie below that are exactly the same as L'Oreal OTL powders. I had this in Glaze? (gorgeous shimmery light fleshy brown/peach) but since returned it to Sephora. I received this as an extra in a swap bnib but Sephora exchanged it as $26 for one w/o receipt... so maybe this is a different product? This had a little sifter inside also. I found this absolutely no different from my UD Sin, UD Blunt and OTL in Flash Light and Future Gold. It also was a little too sheer for me, thus making it too similar to my MAC Sheer Shimmer Powder in Mellow Mood. Pretty color but not worth the price.

on 1/8/2003 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have several of these loose shimmer powders from Smashbox. Gleam is a shimmery light pink, sparkle is a medium purple and shine is a shimmery gold and flash is a coral shade. These loose powders come in a small pot a little larger than a MAC pot shadow. They have a sifter so they are not as messy as the Loreal on the loose. They are very pigmented and last all day. At $16 each they are a tad expensive but they do have some shimmery feminine shades worth taking a look at!

on 8/18/2002 3:06:00 PM

These are identical to L'Oreal's On-The-Loose Shimmer Powders in terms of texture. I purchased Gleam, a baby pink. The packaging is pretty nice, because unlike L'Oreal's, Smashbox's lid comes with tiny holes to shake out the powder a little at a time. I didn't think these were anything special, though. Infact, I thought it was silly to shell out $16 when I could get the exact--and I do mean exact--same thing from L'Oreal, same quality, for $7. By the way, Smashbox's Star (platinum)= L'Oreal's Sugar Coated. Gleam is also identical to another one of L'Oreal's, I believe it's called Mystical.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got all three colour (glaze= peachy twinkle=vibrant pink scary in the pot but fab on and sparkle=plumy purple)Fine powders, easy to apply, last all day/night and don't budge or crease. But then you expect that from a smashbox products coz they are so expensive. What I love about these three colours is that they are really shimmery without looking girly glittery. My favorite is smashing glaze, easy to wear day or night its a peachy flesh tone shimmer that just seems to make my eyes sparkle, especially if in line under my eyes with it too. I also sweep it over my eye make up as a pep up if I don't have time to undone matt make up before a night out.