October 22, 2014 | 1848 users online

Polishes - Yves Rocher - Pastel Beige a la Vanille nail polish

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovely milky beige, which compliments my skintone though I'd prefer it to be a bit more sheer, as after 2 coats, it looks too white on me. I hate the scent when I was applying the nail polish but once it dried up, I love that warm vanilla scent..I sometimes unconsciously smell my nails lol! I received it in a swap along with the rose shade (other review) and I am very happy with the application, colour, long-lasting. Will repurchase when I have something else I want from YR

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2007 11:25:00 AM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This nail poish goes on streaky & after about a day or so, it starts to bubble & peel around the cuticle area. The vanilla scent doesn't bother me. Overall all I think it is below average and I would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 6:54:00 AM More reviews by maschaa

I used to own the original color from years ago, it was a milky beige and french manicure from yves rocher. It was 100% hg, people would compliment me on my nails all the time, random people would ask if my nails were fake etc. Then a friend borrowed it and never returned it (I asked about it later, and she told me she used it up completely. You can understand this isn't a friend anymore). Now, years later, I found this in yves rocher. The package is diffrent (I don't really like the funky bottle) and the color seems the same but they added micro shimmers. I like it a lot! It's on my nails right now. And for yves rochers prices it's great, I got this + the pink both half price. I don't use this with white tips, just like a pastel color. EDIT: I did a 2nd layer and it looks identical to my old polish. I found back my HG!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2006 11:05:00 PM More reviews by aquarabbit

This is lovely. I tend to favour the Pastel Rose a la rose shade, because I do prefer that hint of pink... but for those who prefer a more peach or beige neutral this would definitely be one to try. I like the scent of this one even more than the Rose, though. To me it's a pleasant vanilla-caramel. The hint of shimmer is very nice. I find one coat is all I need - two coats makes it just a little too opaque for my taste.

EDITED: The more I try this the less it seems to work on me. Application is a bit streaky, and I'm finding that even one coat looks too opaque and too milky. In the summer/fall when I had a bit of a tan, it looked all right. But now that it's the dead of winter and I'm pale as can be, it looks kind of tacky. So I think I'll just tuck this away in the drawer and save it for my tanned toes next summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 10:07:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

I am not into French/American manicures, but I got this because I was looking for a good nude polish. This is a soft, milky, peachy beige that I like best with only one coat. It is slightly sheer that way, and it is a nice colour for my skintone (NC30-35). It does have the tiniest bit of shimmer that really surprised me when I looked at my nails—I totally can't see it in the bottle.

However, I do not like the so-called "Vanilla" scent that this has. When it's combined with the scent of nail polish, it turns to a very unpleasant sour smell to me. This kind of goes away after the polish dries, so it's not that bad, but I could definitely do without the fragrance. Docking a point for that. I do like the bottle very much, with its distinctive shape.

Click for my photo.

Click for my swatch. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2006 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Fluffy2

I love this polish. The colour is absolutely perfect. I find with "French Manicure" polishes that the pinks are often too pink and the beiges are opaque, but this is a great neutral that makes nails look naturally healthy, shiny and well groomed, and as it makes the tips look whiter it's not even necessary to paint the tips white. I've been wearing this polish for 4 days now, and it is still chip-free and fresh looking. This is by far the best neutral or natural shade polish I've ever tried, and I shall most definitely be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2005 10:05:00 AM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

YR just came out with this color for French manicures. I actually have never done a French manicure with the white tips, it's just not a look for me that I really like, but this makes for a really good neutral-colored nail polish. As it is, I think you could really only do a white-tipped French manicure with this if you use one coat only. Two coats on me is nearly opaque. I would consider this color sort of a French vanilla shade. Kind of a cream color with a hint of peachiness to it that goes with almost everything. It has though the *tiniest* hint of micro-shimmer that I've EVER seen in a nail polish in my life. The only time I can really ever see it is if direct bright sunlight hits it, & it almost looks like the micro-shimmer is somehow inside the polish or under the top layer instead of a shimmery finish on top. I can't even really see it just held up to a regular light bulb. Kind of weird & hard for me to describe. And to my amazement too, when the polish dries, my nails actually are scented with vanilla, even if I put a top coat over it! I have never, ever seen that feature in a nail polish before. It's not strong at all & doesn't clash with my perfume. I can only smell it when I bring my hand directly up to my face, so I doubt people will smell vanilla wafting from me as I walk by. Today is the 4th day I've been wearing this polish, & just today the scent is beginning to fade. I'm not sure if people who are sensitive to scents would mind that or not. The polish is wearing well, with no chips in sight. It went on pretty smoothly with very little problems of streaking on me. This is a really nice, cream-colored, neutral nail polish that I would definitely buy again.