July 23, 2014 | 1936 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Avon - Perfect Wear Makeup Remover (US) / Exra Lasting Makeup Remover (UK)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I bought this on offer for 1.50 I stead of its 5 rrp.

Anyways, with it being a very wet autumn/winter here and me struggling to remove my waterproof mascara, I thought I'd need a strong eye makeup remover. While this removes the majority of mascara, I also am left with a burning sensation :-/ so won't be using it all the time!

As I bought two bottles, doubt ill need to buy again.

So it got a lippie for cheap price, and lippie for quite decent removing skills on waterproof mascara.

Luckily didn't get the plasticky feel others got!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2010 7:51:00 AM More reviews by pchotai

I like this for removing waterproof eyeliner and mascara, and it works wonders. Period.

Do NOT use for removing foundation, it makes your skin feel like plastic. Usually after using it on my eyes I wash my face thoroughly so the skin around my eyes doesnt feel like silicon.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by othellia11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is only any good for waterproof eyeliner-it removed my indelible gel liner quite well, but it is terrible at removing foundation or concealer,in fact, not only does it not remove makeup properly, it also feels like it coats your face in a plastic silicone mask....I shook the bottle and applied it to 100% cotton wool balls(which I find are best for removing makeup) I then wiped it quite a few times over my face until all makeup was seemingly removed(how wrong was I)
like others on here have mentioned, I found that it did sting/burn a bit when applying.
I then washed it off with warm water, as instructed on the bottle.
Afterwards my face felt very dry but more worrying still, I felt like I had a plastic coating left on my face!
so I washed my face again with soap but it still felt like it wasn't coming off, so in the end, I rubbed my face with olive oil and then steamed- I then gently scraped some of the olive oil off into my nails to check and found that there was still quite a bit of foundation left on my face!
I ended up having to exfoliate my face to get it all off, I will never purchase this again!
I had a light mineral makeup foundation on and touche magique loreal concealer....if it can't even cope with that, there is no chance it will remove waterproof foundation!
It just gives the illusion that it has removed your makeup by coating you face with some kind of silicon seal, the old makup remains stuck underneath :S

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2008 3:24:00 AM More reviews by keidear

This was horrid. It burned my eyes when I tried to take off my makeup. I stopped using it after a couple times and would never get it again. However, I found a use for it. I was dyeing my hair and spilled some dye on my bathroom tiles. I also didn't realize this till after I finished doing my hair. I tried scrubbing it off with nail polish remover, lotion, water/soap... nothing was working. But I used this makeup remover and lo and behold, it took the dye off easily :( Useful for dye stains on the floor, would not use it for eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 5:00:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Burns the skin around my eyes. It is too highly perfumed for the eyes, it is NOT fragrance free at all, so watch out if you value the tender skin around your eyes. Non-oily and removes eye-makeup well, but whats the point if its so damaging and you get red puffy stinging eyes?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaKaleiwahea

I like this stuff a lot! It removes my eyemakeup very nicely. I do agree that it has somewhat of an oily texture, but not extensively and it doesn't linger. I haven't had a problem with sensitivity to my very sensitive eyes. No burning, but i have gotten into my eye and it creates a blur. Thats the only thing i don't like about it. But it removes whatever mascara, shadow, whatever. I little goes a long way... but my baby sister spilled a whole bunch so that's the only thing that is causing me to run a little low. I would buy again. I just hate that you have to get it from a rep or online!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by dall

I love this make-up remover, it takes off even the most stubborn mascara. I find it also leaves my lashes feeling silky, and would recommend this to others who wear water-proof make-up. You have to be careful not to get it in your eyes though, I had blurry vision for about 2 hours after this happened to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by gracerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've gone through 2 bottles of this and it works very well for me. It does have a bit of a sting, and I have sensitive eyes and skin around my eyes, but it doesn't bother me at all. For me, it is comparable in effect to Lancome Bi-Facil and Clinique Take the Day Off in terms of removing eye makeup, but much cheaper. My sister is an Avon rep and I bought this from her; I'm not sure if it's discontinued now or will be soon, I'll have to ask her and stock up if I can.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 3:45:00 PM More reviews by riffrandal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised at the bad reviews ! I just purchased my second bottle. It's a simple, fragrance free formula. Removes all eye makeup (including waterproof mascara). My favorite part - it's not greasy at all !

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2006 11:51:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hated this and tossed it to garbage even before I used it up completely.I don't have sensitive skin&eyes but this stuff is so harsh that it burns my eyes like crazy.It's not on the oily side imo,to me Helena Rubinstein's eye makeup remover is oily BUT super effective and gentle to use on the eye area.But this is totally the opposite,it's more like watery-texture wise.Anyways no matter what its texture is,it burns! I don't even want to think how much pain this can cause for sensitive eyes.So beware!