October 24, 2014 | 1658 users online

Mascara - Mary Kay - Ultimate Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by DistrictFour

Okay, I really didn't like this mascara. It didn't curl my straight eyelashes, and it was clumpy and wet, and it smudged a lot. For people who have straight asian eyelashes like mine, I recommend Rimmel's Scandaleyes Retro-Glam. Love that mascara!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by pupster

This is wonderful mascara, really lengthens and thickens and has a really rich black color. I thought I'd found my HG mascara, but... it dries up sooo fast and for $16 I expected more, too pricey to replace every couple of weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Despina65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many many mascaras , finally one that I call I found my lashes. No clumping , lots of volume and length for a great price. Highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Elisetaylorr

Cannot say enough good things about this product...MUST HAVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by beansidhe1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I sat in on a lunchtime Mary Kay party. The consultant is a client of ours so we did it to be polite. I am not an overall MK fan, and am too much of a product whore to be brand loyal. So, when I put all the product sample of mascara on, I was instantly like WHOA! My lashes were immediately thick and a mile long. It was amazing. Black is very black. I immediately purchased a tube.

Two things I should impress upon you:
1. I think you should have a lash comb when you use this so you get more separation.
2. It is absolutely waterproof. You will need makeup remover to take it off. Water just clumps lashes together.

I guess time will tell if it is harder on my lashes or not. But I really did like it. I think I may have to have another look at some of their other products.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

Sorry not the ultimate at all.

This is a wet formula and absolutely will not hold a curl at all. I tried this for a week which was ample time to know that I had to give up curling my lashes before application. One coat comb it out, two repeat. Then I would curl. More combing. Then another press with my eyelash curler. Finally satisfied, albeit my lashes still did not look fanned and fluttery; they looked spidery, probably because of all the curling after the fact. However my lashes were set for the day without any smudging or flaking but this was a lot of work for the beginning of each day.

The black is a nice dark black color, and mascara is easy to remove once you take it off. Price is 15 dollars which I think is high and close to department store prices so I wanted performance.

And finally if you look at the picture of the person above who so kindly showed us her lashes, remember that she probably has thick, curled lashes to start which is why the mascara looks great. I have long, fine, pin-straight lashes. Buyer beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by kaylatasha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros: not bad price (depending on how you look at it), nice volume and length, doesn't fade/smudge/flake by the end of the day, easy to remove
Cons: the formula is a little heavier, can get clumpy, it takes a little bit to dry

I don't usually wear mascara because I have dark circles, i hate touching up, and i hate it when mascaras smudge, it makes me look even more like a panda so I tend to lean for water proof. I have the normal formula for this, and i must say, I am very impressed. My eyelids are quite oily, but this doesn't smudge easily (only after a long hot and humid day, there will be some smudging). It doesn't flake off either. Application wise, it has a nice traditional brush that tend to get a lot of product clinging onto it, so I always wipe as much of it off as possible before applying. I don't like to wear multiple coats of mascara, so i find that even with minimal product, I can coat both top and bottom lashes on both eyes and get nice volume and length. If you let it dry a little before doing a second coat, you can easily build up volume at the roots, and it stays put all day. Although because it takes longer to dry and the formula is heavier, it doesn't hold a curl very well. It can hold up to a little bit of water exposure, so if you get a little teary, it won't be the end of the world. The best part is that it comes of supper easily with oil/two phased makeup removers/oil makeup removers, or even those makeup remover wipes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Maxxi5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely the best. You won't need false lashes with this stuff. No smudge, no clumps, love it. Makes my lashes look full & extended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by lisadelgado

I have been using Lacome Defincils and this is the only mascara that I have ever bought that is even close to it. It's half the price and at that you just can't go wrong. Very pleased, needless to say.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by AJ3141

This is one of my favorite mascaras I've tried and the only MK product I can say I would absolutely rebuy. The worst thing about it is having to reorder from a consultant and not being able to drop by Target and pick it up. It lengthens beautifully and separates my lashes. A second coat gives perfect volume for day and a third is great for going out at night. It rinses off easily with whatever makeup remover I'm using and doesn't irritate my eyes/contacts