February 28, 2015 | 1175 users online

Mascara - Mary Kay - Ultimate Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2015 10:36:00 PM More reviews by ConstanceG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wet yet clumpy...spidery crooked lashes...one coat not enough - two coats and it looks like you have exactly three lash clumps stuck to your eye...sounds fun, doesn't it? I tried to like this mascara, each day thinking I hadn't found the knack of applying it but...I give up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I order a lot of products from Mary Kay and this mascara is one of them. I paid for $15 before tax. It a very great mascara. It gives volume and length to my lashes. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

From the first application of this mascara -- I knew I would love it. It is very black, gives nice volume and length, doesn't flake (which is huge for me), and the wand is nice for spreading my lashes out. The only con is that it can be clumpy. But I just take my favorite Clump Crusher mascara and apply that after this mascara and that takes away any clumps. But this mascara kind of makes me look like I'm wearing false lashes. It's a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by McSimonSays

This mascara is great for my long blonde lashes. The color is rich and it volumizes without too much clumping. I ran out and went back to my old favorite--loreal voluminous--and regretted it. Must buy this again asap.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by DistrictFour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, I really didn't like this mascara. It didn't curl my straight eyelashes, and it was clumpy and wet, and it smudged a lot. For people who have straight asian eyelashes like mine, I recommend Rimmel's Scandaleyes Retro-Glam. Love that mascara!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by pupster

This is wonderful mascara, really lengthens and thickens and has a really rich black color. I thought I'd found my HG mascara, but... it dries up sooo fast and for $16 I expected more, too pricey to replace every couple of weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Despina65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many many mascaras , finally one that I call I found my lashes. No clumping , lots of volume and length for a great price. Highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Elisetaylorr

Cannot say enough good things about this product...MUST HAVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by beansidhe1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I sat in on a lunchtime Mary Kay party. The consultant is a client of ours so we did it to be polite. I am not an overall MK fan, and am too much of a product whore to be brand loyal. So, when I put all the product sample of mascara on, I was instantly like WHOA! My lashes were immediately thick and a mile long. It was amazing. Black is very black. I immediately purchased a tube.

Two things I should impress upon you:
1. I think you should have a lash comb when you use this so you get more separation.
2. It is absolutely waterproof. You will need makeup remover to take it off. Water just clumps lashes together.

I guess time will tell if it is harder on my lashes or not. But I really did like it. I think I may have to have another look at some of their other products.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

Sorry not the ultimate at all.

This is a wet formula and absolutely will not hold a curl at all. I tried this for a week which was ample time to know that I had to give up curling my lashes before application. One coat comb it out, two repeat. Then I would curl. More combing. Then another press with my eyelash curler. Finally satisfied, albeit my lashes still did not look fanned and fluttery; they looked spidery, probably because of all the curling after the fact. However my lashes were set for the day without any smudging or flaking but this was a lot of work for the beginning of each day.

The black is a nice dark black color, and mascara is easy to remove once you take it off. Price is 15 dollars which I think is high and close to department store prices so I wanted performance.

And finally if you look at the picture of the person above who so kindly showed us her lashes, remember that she probably has thick, curled lashes to start which is why the mascara looks great. I have long, fine, pin-straight lashes. Buyer beware.