August 28, 2014 | 1775 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avene - Ystheal Anti-aging gel-cream

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by whitediamond2

Well, it does moisturize and gets absorbed quickly, but other than that doesn't really do anything. After using at night the skin still feels dryish in the morning. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by ellen1159

I like this product. The texture is light and absorbs quickly, the pump dispenser gives you just the right amount. The fragrance is meh but it doesn't bother me. I'm middleaged with moderate aging around the eye area and this is a good eye moisturizer to start with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This would be a great eye cream for your 20s where you want to delay the onset of wrinkles. Other than that, it provides little moisture and minimal corrective action, but nonetheless there is definitely softening of fine lines. Absorbs well and the packaging is just fantastic, the nozzle is the closed type so no dried up product with each pump. For the price, i would say its miles ahead of Kielhs or other popular brands. I would not buy again simply because I need more moisture and more visible benefits.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by thejacks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

must give this a big hands down. took me 3 tries to figure out this product is burning my eyes and giving headaches almost immediately. today mixed with no other cosmetics or creams to make sure this is the culprit and washed off very fast.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

First of all I should confess that I feel a little stupid as I write this review. I have been using Avene Ystheal + for well over a year now, and have thankfully developed no problems with millia with this product (this has been an issue with many other eye creams in the past). However, I have consistently been noticing flaky skin on my eyelids and undereyes for the past several months...and for some reason it took me a long time to connect that reaction to the retinol in this product. (Hence the feeling a bit stupid as I write this review). Yes, it's a great eye cream that does the job (there is constant dead skin cell turnover), but I would recommend using this every other night or maybe even just a few nights a week and working your way up before diving right in as I did. As I have learned, flaky eyes + eye shadow is not a very attractive combination. I will not be using this on a nightly basis anymore, but will instead alternate Ystheal + with another, retinol-free product. Hopefully this review will help someone else learn from my mistake. That said, I still recommend the Avene brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Ive been using this for 4 years now.
Let me start by saying that Im not reacting bad in any way when Im using skin care with retin-a or vitamin a as an ingredient. But please test this cream on your arm before you use it, because some people tend to react irritated to vitamin a.
Originally, when I started, I was 31 years old and I wanted to do something for the prevention of winkles. I had no winkles at that time, only dark circles. So I bought this bottle, which contains a light, peach-coloured cream and used it every night under my eyes.
The cream has no heavy smell and applies lightly. A little goes a long way and a bottle lasts about 2-3 months.
I still have no real wrinkles or creases under my eyes and Im convinced, that its partly because of this cream. The dark circles are still there, but I like to believe that they look better and my skin generally looks more glowing and healthy.
I wont stop using this cream and I m happy that I found my HG. Highly recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by pinkfragola

I buy this oruduct simply because my pharmacist suggested it. I am 32. I have used this creme for over 4 moths. I have dark circles and mild expression wrinkles beneath my eyes. As I used this cream, everything got worse. I can't see any progress. In fact, puffy eye bags are developed.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by BlondySofia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This eye cream is NOT recommended to women allergic to retinaldehyde. As much as I Love Avene Brand, this creme almost ruined my sensitive eyes, it stings when applying and after a night of itching & suffering I woke up with puffy red eyes, and was itching for couple of days after I stop application. Very disappointed in this product. I believed that all Avene products are hypoallergenic, but apparently NOT the ones, containing retinaldehyde. I through away the full bottle of this product, tried to re-apply it the 2nd time after the unsuccessful first attempt, but it stung more the 2nd time, and the puffiness and redness around the eyes the next morning was unbearable:( What a shame. I switched to Clinique Repairwear Eye Creme. And I am LOVING it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by MyKarmaRanOverYourDogma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for 6 months now and it has completely transformed my eye contour area. I am 31 and don't have any deep wrinkles, but my skin tends to look crepey. I also suffer from droopy lids.
I was underwhelmed by the cream initially because at first I saw no difference, then a turn for the worse. However, after three months, my skin has started to look super smooth and firm (in a good way). Six months later, my dark circles have disappeared and my eye area is as smooth as a baby bottom. And plump. AND... *drum rolls* my lids are less droopy. I would NEVER have expected that might even be remotely possible w/o a brow lift. Please keep in mind to only use this at night and to use sunscreen during the day. I don't want to miss this from my skincare stash anymore. Ever.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by kikabanana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this and although I feel that this is quite a heavy duty eye cream for my age (I'm 25), but I thought that it couldn't hurt. Right? Wrong! I've just been introduced to milia on my undereyes. I followed the instructions, only used it at night but unfortunately I am left with a bunch of tiny white bumps on my undereyes. So this will be the end of my use of this eye cream, and will definitely not purchase the full size.